Hillary
70 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: November 08, 2016, 11:55:10 AM

stew

Quote from: moysider on November 07, 2016, 10:29:20 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 07, 2016, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2016, 06:32:30 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/opinion/campaign-stops/harry-belafonte-what-do-we-have-to-lose-everything.html

Great piece.

+1. When exactly was America great? Has anybody asked Trump I wonder?

Hmmmm, let's see, A country was born, kicking the shit out of the Brits and shortly after becomes the most influential country on the planet, America was great, innovative and propped up the rest of the world, now China owns much of it, before that, the Japanese.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 12:56:31 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/opinion/campaign-stops/harry-belafonte-what-do-we-have-to-lose-everything.html

Great piece.

Hmmmm, let's see, A country was born, kicking the shit out of the Brits and shortly after becomes the most influential country on the planet, America was great, innovative and propped up the rest of the world, now China owns much of it, before that, the Japanese.

Who is he going to make it great for Stew?
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2016, 01:01:42 PM

Great piece.

Nobody in all likelihood, I am hoping he takes care of the middle class, the working class and those on welfare in that he can create jobs and tighten the borders, no one gets in without being vetted one hundred percent.

NetNitrate

There's a theory that the only way to improve world economy is to invest a shitload of money into fixing infrastructure. Much of Anerica's is falling apart. This will create jobs for the disenfranchised and these are the types that will then spend money, in contrast to the uber wealthy that keep their money with wealth managers and trusts which in no way helps economy. Trump as a real estate developer seems to get that. Ironically his only experience in construction could make him a great President.

No wides

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 01:12:53 PM

Great piece.

Nobody in all likelihood, I am hoping he takes care of the middle class, the working class and those on welfare in that he can create jobs and tighten the borders, no one gets in without being vetted one hundred percent.

What about those illegals who have been there for a while, let them stay, or kick them out?

muppet

Great piece.

Trump is a Billionaire with some serious lawsuits coming up against him.

The only one he will make great again, is himself.

Although I suspect he may allow Russia to expand.
MWWSI 2017

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: NetNitrate on November 09, 2016, 01:20:42 PM
There's a theory that the only way to improve world economy is to invest a shitload of money into fixing infrastructure. Much of Anerica's is falling apart. This will create jobs for the disenfranchised and these are the types that will then spend money, in contrast to the uber wealthy that keep their money with wealth managers and trusts which in no way helps economy. Trump as a real estate developer seems to get that. Ironically his only experience in construction could make him a great President.
He is the Fianna Fail president after all.

OgraAnDun

I'll look forward to the day that the Republican controlled Congress passes the bill allowing a higher level of debt to fund this infrastructure building.

muppet

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 09, 2016, 02:21:29 PM

I'll look forward to the day that the Republican controlled Congress passes the bill allowing a higher level of debt to fund this infrastructure building.

Trump has promised to reduce taxes 'across the board'. No mention of course of how he will balance the books trying to achieve this.

He has also threatened massive tariffs on trade with China. The very people who own a serious amount of US debt. That won't go well either.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: No wides on November 09, 2016, 01:23:26 PM

Great piece.

What about those illegals who have been there for a while, let them stay, or kick them out?

As long as they are good people with no records in my opinion they should be able to stay, pay taxes and become citizens.

If they have records for violence or drugs out to f**k they go!

dec

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 02:28:09 PM
As long as they are good people with no records in my opinion they should be able to stay, pay taxes and become citizens.

That's what the Republicans have been referring to as amnesty and they are 100% opposed to that.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2016, 02:25:15 PM

Trump has promised to reduce taxes 'across the board'. No mention of course of how he will balance the books trying to achieve this.

He has also threatened massive tariffs on trade with China. The very people who own a serious amount of US debt. That wom n't go well either.

Precisely. Plus his mass expulsion of illegals (BBC estimates this around $11bn), his precious wall (another BBC estimate of between $3-12bn)... the only cost saver I can see is scrapping Obamacare which won't save much. He would need 100% employment and the taxes that come with this to even come anywhere near close to being able to afford half of if.

stew

Did you look forward to the debt Obama created in eight years, you know, the ten trillion he fucked the country into?

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 02:36:27 PM

Did you look forward to the debt Obama created in eight years, you know, the ten trillion he fucked the country into?

The people mainly responsible for the US debt mountain are:

a) Dubya's people, for example Hank Paulson
b) Obama's people
c) the GOP for the deals they did with Obama to further their own agendas

MWWSI 2017

OgraAnDun

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 02:36:27 PM

Don't see what that's got to do with Trump not being able to do anything he just said he would because of his own party.