Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 29, 2008, 12:33:52 AM
The question ask was did he break his leg and the answer given was no. He didn't break his leg. Ask the right questions get the right answers. Imagine our season is going down the pan and it took 15 harps players and a ref to get a draw with us, that says a lot for the chances of the harps. Nashville what you are saying is that you would take the view of a ref 40 yards away rather than an umpire standing beside the post it went past  :D :D (classic) Our players didn't protest because what was the point. There would have been yellow cards undoubtedly shown by Quigley and probably would have given more soft frees to the harps as a result of it. Lads call a spade a spade if i am at a game and the ref gives us some handy frees in scoring positions i will say so. The facts are there to be seen the harps scored 10 points and about 8 of them came from free kicks. Now our defence was by no means physical and certainly never gave away the 8  (scoring)frees quigley gave. The free for our equalizer was handy i can hold the hands up to that but it was well overdue. Someone even mentioned the goal  being a push in the back. I find this hard when the defender was actually behind young soup (how then could he push him from behind when he was in front of him?? perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on abbey park  ;)) He used the old ass to nudge back into the defender which if you watch Donaghy it is perfectly legal. He then broke the ball and Bagged it past willy .

you must be having a laugh - clans players not to protest :D :D :D :D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

say nothin

Folks just to be aware that the Gala night on November 15th which will accommodate 640 Harps Gaels is now SOLD OUT

Congratulations to all involved which is sure to be an excellent night.

winsamsoon

Armagh true you say clans people are very arrogant?? that statement alone is very arrogant of your good self. I don't mind taking a bit of stick on the board here if it is deserved sure i will even give the odd bit out myself. I can't see you point however about challenging for the championship. As far as i am aware no games have been played yet in the championship this year. The Tir Na Nog game was last year. So how would that have a bearing on what happens this year, the 2008 championship???. You talk about the clans living in the past  :D :D Sure everything you have said has been based on the past. As i have said before when the lads gather at the start of the year the gather to win the championship, they don't gather to become second best or also rans. Running up hills and round fields for 9 months ain't the kind of thing you do to come second. So of course we believe we can win the championship. You are calling this arrogant, then i would guess Dromintee, the ogs and many many more teams would be arrogant as they would probably share similar goals for the year. You cannot be arrogant for believing you can win something. I think you are confusing determination and arrogance.
           Fcuksake you must be some intellectual, from that whole article you took out one phrase and had a  nice wee laugh about it, well done son. never mind making valid points  to back up what you are insinuating just laugh at everything once again, well done.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

billy the kid

Quote from: armaghtrue on April 29, 2008, 12:04:45 PM
the clans lads are taking some stick in here now  ;)     although most of it well deserved :o  they are very arrogant people, only a couple of weeks ago they were talking bout challenging cross for the championship, after all they were beat by a tirnanog team that only got 3 points in div 1 last year  ;D ;D  clans come a few grades below the cross championship side. :D :D pearse og the only side with realistic chance in next few years :D :D...  think clans are still living in the 80's ;D although i do agree with other posters i'll decide is the only one with any sense..

Are you serious?

Seen Ogs in a few games last year including first round and championship final and thought they were average at best.  Doesnt say much for the rest of yous if thats the best chance.

What bout Dromintee or even Cruppen in a few years when their U21s come through or Cullyhanna when their underage teams come through.

I do admit underage success doesnt gurantee future senior success but we are talking about chances here and they would be higher up my list than a pearse Og team who struggle to kick pass a ball 30 yards at times.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on April 29, 2008, 11:25:37 AM
illdecide - Is Ronan Austin back playing yet. Do you play for the seniors?

Yes ronan is back playing and he has 3 games under his belt so far. Me playing? i'm death, if i was the manager i wouldn't pick myself :D :D

Although i have played many games for the clans the age and bellies have caught up with me not to mention injury's ;)...

P.S. everyone thinks i'm the sensible one in the Clans :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

say nothin

winsam - you on the dole or on long term sick??

were do u get the time to type paragraphs of shite.?

illdecide

Quote from: say nothin on April 29, 2008, 02:41:05 PM
wins am - you on the dole or on long term sick??

were do u get the time to type paragraphs of shite.?

FFS lads, we don't wanna start a slagging match here. Winsam's posts may be long but at least they're fun to read and in fairness for being a long term member his posts are minimal compared to some. I think you're name says it all "say nothin" if you have nothing to add to their debate...

winsamsoon

I tried for the dole several times say nothin but was rejected, Too many qualifications was the excuse i think. It is clear that if you are not on the dole then you will be soon. Obviously you haven't got the intelligence to provide a counter argument or even an opinion on the issue at hand. But this personal slagging is pathetic. I agree with i'll decide and if i am ever fortunate to bump into him at the club  i will have a laugh with him about the boys thinking he is sensible. :D :D

nashville

Winsam you seem to be quite fond of making up some statistics..so you are suggesting that the referee, standing 40 yards away from the goals, was beside Nippy when hitting the free. The ref was on the 21. Can i ask, were you in the stand for the game? Because I could see from there that Nippy's free was clearly between the posts, he hit it so high that it was higher than the post maybe that is why the umpire gave a wide, but yes, if i was in the referee's position who could clearly see that the ball was inside the post then i would take his opinion over a clans umpire at the foot of a post. You can call a spade and spade, i can too, in the 2nd half ambrose mccready gave a wide for a clans point that was clearly inside the post and the referee over-ruled him, i had no problem with that as again from the stand being behind the flight of the ball i could see it was between the posts. Standing anywhere in an gaelic ground but still in line with the flight of the ball is better than at the foot of the post for a high shot.

And these 'scoring' frees that the ref gave away, at least 3 were from 50 plus yards so they aren't necessarily scoring, the took a big effort to put them over, they are probably missed more often that scored

winsamsoon

And these 'scoring' frees that the ref gave away, at least 3 were from 50 plus yards so they aren't necessarily scoring, the took a big effort to put them over, they are probably missed more often that scored

So they were scoring free kicks then as i said  :D. Come on nashville

bennydorano

U21 Championship starts tonight, Harps have got Wolfe Tones at home at 7.30pm.  Don't think we'll do much damage this year.  Who would fancy themselves?  'Cruppen, Cullyhanna & Cross should be strong I would have thought?

winsamsoon

It's a funny tournament the u-21's and therefore hard to judge. the standard may improve this year though as they have decided to play it earlier in the year, But as to the winner i shall wait and see the first round results before making any predictions.

crossfire

Cross are pretty strong this year.

So are Granemore and Drumintee

illdecide

Quote from: crossfire on April 30, 2008, 11:04:03 AM
Cross are pretty strong this year.

So are Granemore and Drumintee

I hear Dromintee are strong also ;)

winsamsoon

And he's the dead on one of the clans bunch  :D