Mayo v Kerry 2nd March. Beo ar TG4

Started by Farrandeelin, February 13, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Sick of looking back at that Tyrone thread. Even they have moved on so I think we should too. Obviously we won't have any knowledge on our panel until after Castlebar play Crokes, and should the Mitchels win it, then it will be up to the newer players to step up to the mark.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 13, 2014, 08:56:13 PM
Sick of looking back at that Tyrone thread. Even they have moved on so I think we should too. Obviously we won't have any knowledge on our panel until after Castlebar play Crokes, and should the Mitchels win it, then it will be up to the newer players to step up to the mark.

Not sure what you mean. The Mitchel's run is taking out 1 nailed-on starter? Cunniffe?

Barry Moran got 10/15 minutes in AI final, I dunno? Richie Feeney didn t figure. Really the Mitchel 's run is having damn all effect on county team. I think some of the newer players have done well. Drake has done well and Gallagher has looked like he belomgs at this level.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: moysider on February 14, 2014, 12:19:00 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin link=top6ic=24311.msg1321826#msg1321826 date=1392324973

Not sure what you mean. The Mitchel's run is taking out 1 nailed-on starter? Cunniffe?

Barry Moran got 10/15 minutes in AI final, I dunno? Richie Feeney didn t figure. Really the Mitchel 's run is having damn all effect on county team. I think some of the newer players have done well. Drake has done well and Gallagher has looked like he belomgs at this level.

You wouldn't give Walsh, Kirby, Douglas looks?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 14, 2014, 12:24:38 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin link=top6ic=24311.msg1321826#msg1321826 date=1392324973

What about the King?

moysider

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 14, 2014, 12:24:38 AM

Maybe. Point I'm making is that Mitchels hadn't many starters last year although Feeney and Moran very important players for us imo.
I suppose Reilly has done enough to get a other look in. King also. Durkan will be with the U21s.

larryin89

The game itself is a very important one, whoever loses is in with a very real chance of relegation .

On current form , I'd expect Kerry win. They did okay v dubs in spells in the first game, o Donaghue has the potential to expose our defence.

Mayo need to wake the fook up and quick .

16 weeks till the championship proper v Leitrim/Ross and our boys not lookin like they've wintered well at all at all.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on February 14, 2014, 06:27:40 PM
The game itself is a very important one, whoever loses is in with a very real chance of relegation .

On current form , I'd expect Kerry win. They did okay v dubs in spells in the first game, o Donaghue has the potential to expose our defence.

Mayo need to wake the fook up and quick .

16 weeks till the championship proper v Leitrim/Ross and our boys not lookin like they've wintered well at all at all.

The game itself is important but not very important. A win would be nice and steady the ship. There seems to be allot on this forum who want everything to be done by Horan. They want new players to be tried out, they want players tried out in new positions, they want us to be flying fit like last summer, they want us to be winning. We have had two (nearly three) full seasons behind us coming into this League campaign. We have to have a steady head on us and prepare slowly for (hopefully) the long year ahead. Last year we got through the league without any panic. We went into the Championship rightly focused and ready to peak at the proper time of the year. Personally, I think we have missed the boat (I hope I am wrong), but if we are going to cross the line we have to be looking at things when there is lesser pressure in February/March and not in the heat of battle mid summer. Looking for top performances this time of the year is dangerous. I'd actually be more worried if we were flying this time of the year.

larryin89

In our first two league games last year we hammered  Kerry in Castlebar and lost to Tyrone by a point, in every league  game bar the dubs x2 we could of won and the first one you could argue we could of  got something out of it.

We were never beat out the gate like last Sunday and we were in far better shape this time last year.

The warning signs are there and Donegal were hellbent on this craic last year too ,trying to convince themselves that two hard seasons hadn't got to them until a rampant Mayo hit them like a ton of bricks that aug weekend.

I hope to jays us I'm wrong and I'm just panicking over nothing but I'm of the opinion all is not well

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayoman dan

A win here would be nice to steady the ship.Before a ball was kicked i would have taken survival in div 1 and finding a new player or 2 that can operate at this level.Gallagher looks to be 1 and Drake has done well so far.I still think cb is a problem area for us but i think Mc Hale should be given more time here.This also begs the question as to what do we do with Donie Vaughan.I dont think hes a 6 but hes to good not to start

mayoman dan

We were never beat out the gate like last Sunday and we were in far better shape this time last year.

The warning signs are there and Donegal were hellbent on this craic last year too ,trying to convince themselves that two hard seasons hadn't got to them until a rampant Mayo hit them like a ton of bricks that aug weekend.

Donegal enjoyed months of celebrations after winning sam whereas  our lads had a few extra weeks off over the xmas to relax and recharge the batteries.I would not worry about the shape were in its only mid feburary.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Gooch's injury will now come into play. How bad is it and will he play for Kerry if he is ok for next week.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

moysider

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 05:24:35 PM
Gooch's injury will now come into play. How bad is it and will he play for Kerry if he is ok for next week.

It s 2 weeks. Kerry need points too and I m sure he ll be involved if he fit.

However I wouldn t be surprised if he done some serious enough damage there. He ll probably have a scan Monday.

No Castlebar player will be available before Round 6, the Dublin game.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on February 15, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 05:24:35 PM

It s 2 weeks. Kerry need points too and I m sure he ll be involved if he fit.

However I wouldn t be surprised if he done some serious enough damage there. He ll probably have a scan Monday.

No Castlebar player will be available before Round 6, the Dublin game.

Sure wasn't the word that Kerry'd be resting Gooch for the league regardless of Crokes' result today?

No way Gooch'd be fit in two weeks either. Could be out for months if not the whole season if a ligament is tore.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 24, 2014, 08:47:44 PM
I wonder will Mikey Sweeney start?

What have you heard?

For that matter I wonder will McDanger start now that he s back playin club?