Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAABoardMod5

A preliminary look at the actual predictions show the following 5 posters got all 3 correct on Saturday:

larryin89
Pub Bore
statto
Blowitupref
Angus McGyver

Of the 5, statto is the only one with Galway on Sunday.

seafoid

Game management is going to be a focus for the Rossies over the winter. Rome wasn't built in a day. Very disappointing result but Davy Burke has built a decent foundation.

Rossfan

Quote from: fearbrags on June 25, 2023, 02:49:26 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 25, 2023, 01:59:41 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 01:17:23 AM
Watched the 1st half of the Cork v Roscommon game. How Rowcommon lost that game, they dominated the first half.

Lost their composure and allowing Cork to be just one point behind at half time was a big moment in the game which included the big home Cork following finding their voice.

Credit to Cork on the pressure and ability to turnover the ball so often but the error prone and poor decision making by the rossies helped.

Debatable call on Conor Daly before the match winner  and that stage Roscommon scored 5 points in a row and looked more likely to grab the winner themselves.

Debatable my Bollax. IT was totally a wrong call  , in real time I thought he must have bounced it twice (2nd bounce he hesitated was going to kick changed his mind and let the ball bounce clearly legal . When I  looked back  on the replay   there was only one bounce  , I don't know whatv the ref saw  ,He  May have reacted to the crowd . An terrible call from the ROSSIE point of view that basically decided the game.
Absolutely 100% wrong now that I've seen video of it.
Terrible decision.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2023, 07:49:06 AM
Game management is going to be a focus for the Rossies over the winter. Rome wasn't built in a day. Very disappointing result but Davy Burke has built a decent foundation.

Too much focus on game management ruined Ros yesterday.

They'd be better focused on trying to build up big leads when they have an opponent on the ropes.

seafoid

They have been away from the right level for quite a while. They fixed their D1 problem. They will have to work on championship persistency.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2023, 08:35:02 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on June 25, 2023, 02:49:26 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 25, 2023, 01:59:41 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 01:17:23 AM
Watched the 1st half of the Cork v Roscommon game. How Rowcommon lost that game, they dominated the first half.

Lost their composure and allowing Cork to be just one point behind at half time was a big moment in the game which included the big home Cork following finding their voice.

Credit to Cork on the pressure and ability to turnover the ball so often but the error prone and poor decision making by the rossies helped.

Debatable call on Conor Daly before the match winner  and that stage Roscommon scored 5 points in a row and looked more likely to grab the winner themselves.

Debatable my Bollax. IT was totally a wrong call  , in real time I thought he must have bounced it twice (2nd bounce he hesitated was going to kick changed his mind and let the ball bounce clearly legal . When I  looked back  on the replay   there was only one bounce  , I don't know whatv the ref saw  ,He  May have reacted to the crowd . An terrible call from the ROSSIE point of view that basically decided the game.
Absolutely 100% wrong now that I've seen video of it.
Terrible decision.

He threw the ball up in the air - you are not allowed to throw the ball in Gaelic football. It was telling that there was little objection from any Roscommon players. It was a strange one but can't blame the ref for that one. He made some poor calls for both teams throughout the game and didn't give Cork much overall I thought.

Not taking goal chances and pushing on when ye had Cork under pressure is why the game was lost, not the ref. Thought the better team won overall and I had predicted a Rossie win but Cork could have been out of sight after an hour if they took their chances.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Angus MacGyver

100% correct call on Conor Daly. Throw ball. There would have been no objection had it happened in the first minute. Rules apply for the 70+ minutes.

reddgnhand

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 24, 2023, 10:42:23 PM
Me, personally would have expected our corner back to be making an attempt to get back into his own half when we are winning by 5 or 6 points going into the final minutes of a knock out game. Ideally would have liked him to be picking up his man.  I wouldn't expect him to be in attempting sh!thousery with the Donegal keeper.

Scored a couple of points up there yesterday.  Dooher & Logan have to rip him a new one this week about being up there.

An Watcher

Folks he done a great job yesterday.  Maybe someone was filling in behind him, picking up his man and mckernan fancied a run.  Defenders don't defend 24/7

ClubScene13

Quote from: An Watcher on June 25, 2023, 11:58:30 AM
Folks he done a great job yesterday.  Maybe someone was filling in behind him, picking up his man and mckernan fancied a run.  Defenders don't defend 24/7

Very consistent player since he came into the team. Galway / Mayo a coin flip here I would tentatively go for Galway but this is a true 50/50

An Watcher

seafoid

Wildweasel74

If that what you want, why didn't we stay with the format for the covid yrs, straight knockout

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM