Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 09:52:22 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2014, 09:50:28 PM
I was coming down from Dublin there listening to this on the radio and I have to say BBC are a disgrace. Their bias against United is unreal. I know Alan Green is a Liverpool fan, but the others, including Chris Waddle were just embarrassing to listen to. I know Sky were the main united cheerleaders for a lot of their success, and BT look to be hitching themselves to the Liverpool wagon, but the BBC seem delighted to stick the boot into United. I think it's a poor reflection on them.

Alan Green is just a fecking turd.
Turds are more pleasant.  He really is an irritating wee p***k.  Tell us where the ball is on the pitch and let Chris Waddle or whoever provide the analysis.  And don't even start me on the 'we' shite when England are playing.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2014, 09:58:03 PM
Is mata a huge waste of money? Not because he's a bad player, but why buy someone like that and stick him out wide? With RVP out, why not play Rooney up front, with mata in the hole? I'd not have bought him, because I think Kagawa can do a similar job, but he's not getting a run in the team at all now, and the other lad is out patrolling the sideline.

I said as much before they bought him and it has come to pass. The problem is Moyes can't set a team up to go out and play, how to control a game.

I think Mata and Kagawa are fantastic players but their talents are being wasted.

beer baron

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 09:57:34 PM
Quote from: beer baron on March 25, 2014, 09:53:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 09:47:51 PM
How could anyone pick a team with Ferdinand, Cleverley and Fellaini in it against a team of City's calibre? Seriously? When I saw the team I was really worried. Moyes has no clue how to set up the team at home.

Read today that United have the 12th best home record in the league (worse now)....and the best away record by a clear 5 points (played one game more albeit).

There isn't exactly Thiago Silva,Schweinsteiger and Iniesta there to pick in front of them  ::)

There are better options. As I outlined before the game. United can't be that shit if they have amassed the most points away from home and scored the second most goals away from home in the league. To simply write them off as shit is stupid and incorrect but it's simple so away you go.

Did i say that? Nope i sure did not.

If i was lining out the team i would've had Fellaini in as he's played well the last few weeks and he has a bit of power about him unlike most other options. In defence Vidic Smalling and Evans are all out as far as i know so who would you play centre half?Carrick?
Cleverley's a questionable 1 but again who else is there?Giggs as good as he was last week wouldn't have got 2 seconds on the ball against Fernandinho and Yaya.

AZOffaly

Yeah, it was strange at the time, but I assumed moyes had some plan for it. Looks like it was just a panic buy. We were worried/interested in how Rodgers was going to set up with Gerrard, Coutinho/Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez all in the same team, and in fairness he seems to have nailed it. Moyes is struggling to get any shape with RVP, Rooney, mata, wellbeck, Kagawa and januzaj.

magpie seanie

Fellaini played well recently? The guy with the big mop of hair? Are you serious? He is a nothing player. When he came on against Olympiakos and held up the ball in the corner - that is all I'd use him for.

Ferdinand is so bad now that I'd play the youth team centre half rather than him. He is all over the place. Carrick would be much better back there. He did fine there at the weekend.

Fletcher should have started and so should Giggs. Giggs can play a pass and do anything/everything Fellaini and Cleverley can do.

It's not a great United team but they should be better than this and the way Moyes sets the team up at home is all wrong. Surprised he didn't have Ashley Young playing.

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 09:47:51 PM
How could anyone pick a team with Ferdinand, Cleverley and Fellaini in it against a team of City's calibre? Seriously? When I saw the team I was really worried. Moyes has no clue how to set up the team at home.

Read today that United have the 12th best home record in the league (worse now)....and the best away record by a clear 5 points (played one game more albeit).
Cleverley,Fellaini only Moyes knows. Vidic suspended Smalling,Evans injured the only other option would be Carrick at centre back? anyway atrocious defending on both City goals.  United's home form this season has been disgraceful FFS the likes of West brom,Norwich have been more difficult to beat at home.  As Scholes said it was easy to see which side were playing for title & which were playing for nothing.

3-0 probably a little harsh on the night but its hard to feel sorry for this group of  United players that haven't put in much effort this season. 7th place a full 18 points behind the leaders the table doesn't lie. Yes United have been poorly managed & good managers normally get the best out of their players but as it stand its where United deserve to be.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2014, 09:54:15 PM
But he wasn't the only one, or even the worst one. The were sneering every united pass, howling for Fellani to be sent off, basically making every united attack sound pathetic and slow, while praising what sounded like very similar city attacks for their control and passing.

Did you want them to lie? Sounds about right to me!

beer baron

West ham and West Brom games i thought Fellaini played well.

Agreed Fletcher probably should have been playing,Giggs as great as he has been and believe me i'm a massive fan is pretty much done, a few cameos here and there is all he has left,that game last week the time he had on the ball  was laughable at times,the man would've been made look like a 40 year old tonight.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 25, 2014, 10:22:48 PM
But he wasn't the only one, or even the worst one. The were sneering every united pass, howling for Fellani to be sent off, basically making every united attack sound pathetic and slow, while praising what sounded like very similar city attacks for their control and passing.

Yeah they were just calling it as it was.

mouview

Carrick is a poor man's Michael Carrick.
Bayern matches could be bibical.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 25, 2014, 10:25:07 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 25, 2014, 10:22:48 PM

Yeah they were just calling it as it was.

Don't think so lads. They were glorying in it. It was very sneery as opposed to analytical.

The Worker

Some utd fans here need to get real. That performance tonight was shocking and things will only improve once Moyes leaves the club.

EC Unique

Most Utd fans will admit that enough is enough and sadly it has not worked out for Moyes.

I fear the reality is that he will get at least to the end of this calendar year and probably all of next season year to prove himself.

It will be interesting to see who he buys in the summer. Getting great players is one thing but using them properly is another. See Mata as an example.

Captain Obvious

It will take Manchester United many years to recover from this David Moyes appointment. Are the board seriously going to keep him on and allow him to spend more money in the summer?

GalwayBayBoy

Usually doesn't end well for the manager when the fans turn.