The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 08:53:54 PM
BTW foxcommander, are you really  bothered by the fact that white people can't use the N-word, but black people have reclaimed it?

It irks me to be honest, it is a repugnant word that should be eradicated to history, it is hypocritical for a black man to call another black man the N word.

Richard Prior figured that out late in life, I would say Bill Cosby as well but you know! :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

easytiger95

Did Pryor repudiate it Stew? I never heard that.

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on November 13, 2015, 02:41:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 08:53:54 PM
BTW foxcommander, are you really  bothered by the fact that white people can't use the N-word, but black people have reclaimed it?

It irks me to be honest, it is a repugnant word that should be eradicated to history, it is hypocritical for a black man to call another black man the N word.

Richard Prior figured that out late in life, I would say Bill Cosby as well but you know! :P

It's still only a word though even if it's offensive to some. It's amazing how hysterical some can get - the paula deen witchunt was evidence.

There can't be double standards if you bang on about a fair society. Key and Peele use it in their routines - hilarious. Michael Richards uses it in a standup routine - career over.

I don't see why there should be restrictions on anyone using a word.

Unless the word is "Voldemort". Or "Candyman" 3 times in a row.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

easytiger95

Wow, you really want to drop the N-bomb, don't you? You're getting all excited about it.

(Probably whilst gazing at a laminated pic of Paula Deen...)

foxcommander

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 13, 2015, 03:15:46 PM
Wow, you really want to drop the N-bomb, don't you? You're getting all excited about it.

(Probably whilst gazing at a laminated pic of Paula Deen...)

The laminate is wearing off at this stage ;)

Now excuse me while I go listen to NWA on my walkman.

easytiger95

Here's a suggestion - instead of listening to NWA, or us bleating heart liberals, why don't you follow your own advice to Eamonnca1. You're clearly a man who knows the mean streets. Why don't you go for a walk through Oakland whilst exposing the double standards of black people being able to use the N word whilst you can't?

foxcommander

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 13, 2015, 04:06:50 PM
Here's a suggestion - instead of listening to NWA, or us bleating heart liberals, why don't you follow your own advice to Eamonnca1. You're clearly a man who knows the mean streets. Why don't you go for a walk through Oakland whilst exposing the double standards of black people being able to use the N word whilst you can't?

Stop trying to get Eamonnca1 off the hook. I've been saying the streets aren't safe, he thinks it's like sesame street in his big multi-cultural wonderland.

easytiger95

I'm not saying the streets aren't safe - I'm saying that there is a thing called context, which means, whilst he would be safe sauntering along with his latte, you'd have a bigger problem, using the N word. You'd have your arse handed to you, and you'd deserve it, whether black people use it themselves or not.

foxcommander

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 13, 2015, 04:45:22 PM
I'm not saying the streets aren't safe - I'm saying that there is a thing called context, which means, whilst he would be safe sauntering along with his latte, you'd have a bigger problem, using the N word. You'd have your arse handed to you, and you'd deserve it, whether black people use it themselves or not.

Such an event wouldnt happen as I know better than to venture into such neighbourhoods, unlike the bold Eamonn.
While you think these no-go areas are restricted to the likes of Oakland you'll see them closer to home in the near future. I wonder will you feel as smug then.

easytiger95

Not smug at all Fox - if you wandered down Blanchardstown main street tonight calling everyone you met "skangers" the same thing would happen. You see, being an ignorant bollix tends to translate across all cultures in our multicultural fantasy land. And if you know better than to walk down those streets (which means you don't go down them, thus perhaps, limiting your knowledge of them? Hmm, logic anyone?) than hopefully you'll know better than try to proscribe what words those people feel offended by.

Spoofer.

stew

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 13, 2015, 02:49:26 PM
Did Pryor repudiate it Stew? I never heard that.

He did, I saw him being interviewed and he brought the subject up, he said he had changed because of a conversation he had with some guy in Africa that shook him to the core.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 13, 2015, 04:45:22 PM

Easytiger....I hope you realize that theres neighborhoods in some of the big US cities, such as Chicago where white people wouldnt DRIVE through, never mind WALK through....day or night.

Some of these places you could get shot or stabbed for no reason other than just being there.

easytiger95

Well as a white person whitey, i lived in a fairly rundown area in Worcester Mass for a little under a year - there was an actual crack house two doors up, myself and my two mates plus another family in an apartment down the block were the only white faces in that community, and we came and went into our apartment for months with no hassle from the surrounding people, and  we got to be on speaking terms with a lot of our neigbours - just nods, "hellos" and "how's it goings". Now, bear in mind, we were all 20/21, working really hard and drinking like fish - some nights we stumbled home from Millbury Street and the dive bars and I've no idea how we made it, and to the locals, we were just the crazy Irish guys. I can honestly say that i never felt one instance of fear or apprehension whilst living there.

Now Worcester may not be New York, but it is the second biggest city in New England after Boston, at the time (96/97) it was still mired in recession, and even at the best of times Worcester was a kip - and we lived in the worst part of it (don't even ask why we were there).

And for the final irony, the only scrap I ever got into over there was with a bunch of college football players from Holycross, who were an absolute bunch of dicks (and were all white, and claimed to be Irish American!)

foxcommander

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 13, 2015, 06:21:27 PM
some nights we stumbled home from Millbury Street and the dive bars and I've no idea how we made it, and to the locals, we were just the crazy Irish guys. I can honestly say that i never felt one instance of fear or apprehension whilst living there.

Stupidity knows no fear. Thats youth for you.

easytiger95

I'll have to defer to you that subject Fox - you must be an expert as you seem to live your life in fear