Wrestlemania XXV

Started by RedandGreenSniper, April 06, 2009, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

I'm fecking wrecked after waiting up to watch it.

TripleH beat Orton to retain his title. Cena beat Big Show and Edge in a triple threat to take Edge's title but the fight of the night was Shawn Michaels and Undertaker, one of the best I've ever seen. Taker won it, he always was going to, to keep his unbeaten Wrestlemania run going - he's now 17 and 0.
Rey Mysterio beat JBL in 21 seconds to win the Intercontenintal. JBL 'quit' afterwards. Good show through the night but half regretting waiting up now!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

screenexile

Always had a soft spot for the WWE but ever since the Rock left I've lost interest. I can't see how any other age of wrestling beats it there were some class acts around then with Angle, Taker, Kane, Big Show, Guerrero, Jericho, Benoit, the Dudleyz, the Hardy's, Mick Foley, Stone Cold, Triple H and then even Hogan came back towards the tail end of things. I just can't warm to the new crowd at all.

Gabriel_Hurl

Not great, not shite - somewhere in between

Taker and HBK had one of the best matches I ever seen

Santino

Was quite a one match show, but what a match! People will still be talking bout HBK-Taker in 20 yrs.
Was unbelievable atmosphere live for that match and would defo make the trip to WM again some time.
A hell of a lot of Irish, English, Scottish and Welsh fans made the trip as evidenced by flags throughout the arena.
Loved the exchanges between Jericho and Steamboat too.

lynchbhoy

never been the same since sid justice and legion of doom left !

mrsandman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 07, 2009, 10:26:35 AM

Wouldn't hold a candle to Tatanka, Macho Man Randy Savage, million dollar man Ted DiBiase, the OLD undertaker and yokozuna and the rest from that time. Undertaker Vs Yokozuna at Survivor Series 94, undertaker rising from the nailed caskit backstage with Paul bearer (legend), the whole place goin pitch black etc it was a classic
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Norf Tyrone

Not into it at all, but the wee brother asked to come out and watch it on my SKY. To annony him I recalled the early 80s and I asked;

Is Big Daddy wrestling?
He said no.

Is Giant Haystacks on?
No.

Is Fit Finlay fighting?
He is actually.

Shut up.
No he is.

Shut up. Sure he's 90.
He really is... he's still wrestling.

It took him to get it on google to proove it.

I couldn't believe it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mrsandman on April 07, 2009, 10:34:25 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 07, 2009, 10:26:35 AM

Wouldn't hold a candle to Tatanka, Macho Man Randy Savage, million dollar man Ted DiBiase, the OLD undertaker and yokozuna and the rest from that time. Undertaker Vs Yokozuna at Survivor Series 94, undertaker rising from the nailed caskit backstage with Paul bearer (legend), the whole place goin pitch black etc it was a classic

sid justice (sid vicious in wcw) was the only guy that actually looked like he could fight !
the rest were too fat and big/slow.

legion of doom were entertaining in a prescribed way - their matches were the exact same week after week !

the colonel

had to be the ultimate warrior for the way he got things going
the difference between success and failure is energy

DownFanatic

Not a great Mania in my eyes. Apart from the Michaels/Taker epic which is one of the best matches I have ever seen, there was precious little else to write home about.

BenDover

Quote from: the colonel on April 07, 2009, 12:07:01 PM
had to be the ultimate warrior for the way he got things going

Have to agree, warrior Vs the honky tonk man for the intercontinental title was possibly the quickest fight i've ever seen!

mortified

did mickey rourke make an appearance?
quit your jibba jabba fool!!

Santino

Yup. after Jericho beat the legends and then Flair, he called Rourke into the ring who half caught Jericho with a punch and knocked him down. Was all just about a bit of mainstream publicity so probably accomplished that goal without ruining Jericho too much.

mrsandman

Another Classic was when Bret Hart and Lex Luger won the Royal Roumble together, Hart was attacked earlier by his brother Owen (RIP) but still managed to win it along with Lex...Great Stuff
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.