Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermGael

Quote from: Emmett on December 23, 2009, 10:29:48 PM
On paper it seems a weakish enough squad but with the likes of Ronny and Rory Gallagher, Eamonn Maguire, Mark Little, Marty McGrath, Barry Owens, Ciaran McElroy and Ryan McCluskey all sure to return it will be a lot stronger. The likes of Martin O'Brien and Rory Foy are very exciting prospects. It will be interesting to see if Paul Ward will be given enough time to make an impact and hopefully Paul Cosgrove will develop into the ball winner he can be at club level. Quigley is the main disappointment as he could make the difference in games that are touch and go. Hopefully he will get his issues with himself/squad members sorted (mainly with himself though to be fair)

Emmett can you shed any light on the Little issue??  I had heard he will not be back.

agree with what you say about Quigley.  It is a pity though because he could be a top class inter county forward.
Cosgrove for st pat's is a player i would have great hopes for.
Could give us another much needed option around the middle
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Quote from: FermGael on December 26, 2009, 04:32:02 PM
Quote from: Emmett on December 23, 2009, 10:29:48 PM
On paper it seems a weakish enough squad but with the likes of Ronny and Rory Gallagher, Eamonn Maguire, Mark Little, Marty McGrath, Barry Owens, Ciaran McElroy and Ryan McCluskey all sure to return it will be a lot stronger. The likes of Martin O'Brien and Rory Foy are very exciting prospects. It will be interesting to see if Paul Ward will be given enough time to make an impact and hopefully Paul Cosgrove will develop into the ball winner he can be at club level. Quigley is the main disappointment as he could make the difference in games that are touch and go. Hopefully he will get his issues with himself/squad members sorted (mainly with himself though to be fair)

Emmett can you shed any light on the Little issue??  I had heard he will not be back.

agree with what you say about Quigley.  It is a pity though because he could be a top class inter county forward.
Cosgrove for st pat's is a player i would have great hopes for.
Could give us another much needed option around the middle

What's the story with Blobby? Is he back working here or is he still in England? I would like to see Rory Foy make a big push for a starting position this year. He was very impressive in any of the games I saw him in last January/February before he got injured.

Cosgrove came on as a sub against Wicklow in the qualifiers and he plucked one or two balls out of the air but he'll have to do some serious gym work over the winter to be able to compete against big, strong midfielders at inter county level.

Will Womble be back from his travels this year?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

on the sideline

Is Leo Mc Bride still part of the county management setup?  was/is he the trainer?

sammymaguire

was this highlighted on here, looks like some very good news with the form these two lads are showing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8428652.stm
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haranguerer

Was on the down board there - a lad seems pretty sure Ryan Keenan was playing whb against them in the challenge match at the weekend, impressed too - has he the right player? Wouldnt have thought he'd have the mobility for that position...

Jimmyjimson

It was definitely Ryan. O'Rourke wants to try him in that position apparently.

haranguerer

Well, he played well against down. Good to see a few things being tried out, I just thought he'd bulked out a lot, and assumed it was at the expense of mobility, but obviously not if hes playing well there.
An interesting one though, not a problem position for us. Possibly the thinking is that when fermanagh are on the attack he can be dodging round mf, ready for the ball to be popped back out to him to take a score.

unitedireland

A fermanagh boys made the mckenna cup uni teams, good to c it. It must be because renshaws is closed.
Niall McElroy tempo
Niall McElroy Skea
Brian Og Skea
Lee McQuade Coa
Fergal Murphy Sham
Niall Cox
Niall McGovern Belcoo
Its in Gaelic life anyway

Jimmyjimson

According to HoganStand Raymie Gallagher is taking Belcoo this year. Hugh Donnelly is going to be trainer. Could be a good appointment. With all their recent underage success Belcoo should have a strong panel in the next few years. Anyone heard of any more managerial appointments ?

Caid

Tempo (Seniors and Juniors) will be managed by a team comprising Damien Breen, Coney Campbell and Brian McCaffery

Previous manager Declan McStravick has since taken up a role with a Monaghan Club
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

FermGael

Who are they and have they managed anywhere else before??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Caid

Wouldn't exactly be household names outside the club alright.  Damien would be quite well known as he would have been Midfield for Tempo Seniors for many years including the 97 team that made the Championship Final. He'd be a brother of Sean Breen that played for the County.  Brian McCaffery would be in his late twenties and would have played corner back for the Seniors for a few years.  May have been involved a bit in underage coaching but not much experience for sure.  Not sure if Coney ever kicked much ball but he would have been involved in the current minor team as they came through from u-10s as his cub plays for them (and was called for trials for the county minors there - although he didn't make it)

I suspect Brian and Coney will take the Juniors and Damien will take the Seniors and get a trainer in (I think they may have got some well respected fella from Tyrone but I can't mind who he was or where from)

Tempo, as with many Fermanagh clubs, is rumoured to have had some internal disputes

Cheers for the pm earlier
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

inisceithleann

Fermanagh team this afternoon;

Chrissy Breen, Shane Goan, Stephen Burns, Martin O'Brien, Ryan Keenan, Barry Mulrone, Tommy McElroy, Paul Cosgrove, James Sherry, Terry O'Flanagan, Mattie Keenan, Damian Kelly, Paul Ward, Ryan Carson, Aidan McCarron.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

sidestep

:o
amazed to see caid remarks about internal disputes in tempo or any other fermanagh club
me would have thought internal disputes are just that - internal disputes

any organisation will have differing views within - its called democracy
Nobody gets all they want all of the time - and surely the world would be all the poorer for it if we did

keeping an eye on things

I think the internal disputes that Caid speaks off happened about 7 years ago so hardly recent stuff.  Also it's Sean Breen who is managing Tempo this year not Damien.