Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

inisceithleann

I heard the Gaels played well yesterday, so heres hoping for a successful year. It'll be the usual battles this year with probably Derrygonnelly, the Gaels and Teemore battling it out for silverware this season. Particularly glad to see the Gaels taking the league seriously this year, as it's the only way of preparing the team for the Championship. Good to see Belleek pushing Roslea yesterday. Erne Gaels have had a terrible decade since they won the league in '96 with the Gallaghers. They've had good success at underage and nice to see them competing again.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ExiledGael

Fermanagh squad announced
07 May 2008

Malachy O'Rourke has announced a strong looking Fermanagh squad for this year's championship campaign.
The Erne County face up to Monaghan on the 25th May with the bulk of the squad which earned them promotion out of Division 3 primed for championship action.
The squad in full is: Ronan Gallagher, Fergal Murphy, Chris Breen, Niall Bogue, Hugh Brady, Declan Campbell, Shane Goan, Paul Johnston, Raymond Johnston, Damien Kelly, Niall Leonard, Shane Lyons, Ryan McCluskey, Tommy McElroy, Paddy Mohan, Declan O'Reilly, Peter Sherry, Ciaran Boyle, Shane McDermott, Martin McGrath, Mark Murphy, James Sherry, Tom Brewster, Patrick Cadden, Shaun Doherty, Matthew Keenan, Niall Keenan, Ryan Keenan, Mark Little, Eamon Maguire, Liam McBarron, Ciaran McElroy, Jonathan McGurn, Darren McQuaid, Paul Ward.

Seen this over on Hoganstand. Don't think there's any news in it at all but thought I'd post it just to keep us on page one if nothing else.
Herald yesterday mentioned Shane McCabe as a possible future inclusion as he's finished with Glentoran for the season. Anyone else really missing?
Seen a very small interview in one of the Sunday papers last week with a Teemore chairman or something saying he expects Owens to play possibly in Fermanagh's second Championship game of the year. Seen nothing anywhere else though. Think it will be Lyons in there for the year at full-back. Notice he scored a goal for Erne Gaels at the weekend too, does he play midfield for them?

inisceithleann

Don't think anyone has been left out of the squad, bar McCabe, who I think will defiently join up with the squad in the next while. Don't be surprised if we don't see Owensie back playing for another while yet. Heart surgery of any kind is serious stuff and he'll be strongly advised not to come back until the surgeon okays it. Only a few weeks now until the Monaghan game. I've the flights booked to come home. You can smell the Championship coming!
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

haranguerer

Any results from the league last night?

FermPundit

FERMANAGH SENIOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE
FRIDAY 9th MAY 2008

DIV I
NEWTOWNBUTLER 0.09 v. DEVENISH 0.10
BROOKEBORO 0.08 v. BELCOO 1.08
TEMPO 0.11 v. LISNASKEA 3.06
TEEMORE 2.10 v. ST PATRICKS 0.11
ENNISKILLEN 1.06 v. DERRYGONNELLY 0.10

DIV 2
ROSLEA 0.11 v. ST JOSEPHS 2.08
IRVINESTOWN 3.10 v. AUGHADRUMSEE 0.08
ERNE GAELS 0.09 v. KINAWLEY 2.06
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

So much for a rare Championship win over Tyrone.
Hurlers beaten by a point in Skea, 2-7 to 1-11.

haranguerer

In danger of slipping off the front again! Does anyone know when the next round of league fixtures is? I'm presuming theres none now til after the fermanagh match. Any comments on the games so far? Whos looking good?

ExiledGael

League fixtures on hold now, haven't heard reports though, going by the ramblings of the Herald.
Seen a few references to the Fermanagh Offaly challenge game, does anyone know a score? By all accounts we tore them to shreds. This is where Lyons got injured, was it merely an accident?

ExiledGael

Anyone hear the rumour about Seamie Quigley called up to senior county training after hitting a shit load of points last week when O'Rourke was watching Roslea?

FermGael

Quigley  is probably one of the most talented players to come from Roslea since McGinnity.
If he has the correct attitude then the skys the limit.
Have not heard anything about him getting called up but he has been in good form from Roslea.
Monaghan had a wee run out on Brewster today.
The countdown is on.  Lets just hope that we do not lose anymore full backs!!!
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 18, 2008, 07:09:25 PM
Anyone hear the rumour about Seamie Quigley called up to senior county training after hitting a shit load of points last week when O'Rourke was watching Roslea?

Interesting development if true. Reliable source Exiled?

ExiledGael

Local man who is friendly with a few of the players. Not 100% that's why I was enquiring here.

FermPundit

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 18, 2008, 09:39:04 PM
Local man who is friendly with a few of the players. Not 100% that's why I was enquiring here.

I haven't heard anything myself. Quigley goes against the norm of a typical Fermanagh forward in the fact that he's big and strong and can take a score from distance. He'd be a great addition to the squad but whether he wants to play for the county is another thing.

Fermanaghandsam

Quigley has NOT been called into the fermanagh squad. He is def a great talent, and should be one for the future, but I doubt he will ever have the attitude or temperment to make it at county level.

haranguerer

Think fermanaghandsam is prob right with the first statement, and definitely right with the second. I'd say o'rourke has his homework well done and knows the craic with quigley. With that in mind it would be disastrous to bring him into the panel just before championship. EG, be careful of boys like that, who love to act like they're in the know...he wasn't drinking at the time, was he? ;) :D