Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

I wrote this letter to Clegg the other day.

Please feel free to modify it and take the time to send him an e mail.

cleggn@parliament.uk
libdemleader@parliament.uk,
cleggn@hotmail.co.uk
nickclegg@sheffieldhallam.org.uk,
leader@libdems.org.uk

Or you can telephone Nick Clegg at the following numbers:

Contsituancey office, 0114 230 9002
House of Commons, 0207 219 2371

Dear Mr Clegg,

I am writing this letter to you and asking for you to show your support for the International
Flotilla of ships that are currently UNDER SERIOUS threat while sailing towards Gaza. 750 people in 9 ships, loaded with 15,000 Tonnes of humanitarian aid are due to dock in Gaza on Monday morning.

Right now Nick, they are surrounded by 3 Israeli war ships, and they are in EXTREME DANGER.

You need to act Nick, and act with a sence of urgency for the safety of not only your fellow country men and women, but for the other 750 unarmed humanitarians on board.

The people on board pose NO THREAT, and should be allowed to sail safely into Gaza without
incident. 28 of the passengers are British, so you have a moral obligation in regards to their safety.

Nick, may I take this chance to remind you of your statements concerning Gaza and the siege,
from your article in the Gaurdian last year:

"The legacy of Operation Cast Lead is a living nightmare for one and a half million Palestinians squeezed into one of the most overcrowded and wretched stretches of land on the planet. And as Israel and Egypt maintain a near total blockade against Gaza, the misery deepens by the day."

You then you went on to say

"And what has the British government and the international community done to lift the blockade? Next to nothing. Tough-sounding declarations are issued at regular intervals but little real pressure is applied. It is a scandal that the international community has sat on its hands in the face of this unfolding crisis."

Well Nick, you know what, you are now the British Government. So, what are you going to do?
Are you going to call for an immediate end to the siege, or are you going to do what the previous
Government did, which was nothing? This time, the buck stops with you Nick.

So Nick, as you can see, it is now your turn to step up to the plate and be counted.
Today, the EU called for an immediate end to the siege, and for the flotilla to be allowed a safe passage into Gaza.

Will you join this voice?

Will you say "Enough Is Enough"?

Awaiting your response
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

nifan

Unbelievable that this would happen.
I believe the Irish boat was not part of the 6 which where part of this which is a small mercy for those involved from here.

carnaross

Israeli Deputy foreign Minister on Sky News right now. Now the propaganda starts.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zapatista

Madness.

I fear it will change nothing. Conveniently for Israel Turkey is a Muslim Country. There will be the usuall huffing and puffing but it'll change nothing. I wonder how many Palestinians will now die without this aid. It will also disrupt futher aid. >:(

mylestheslasher

John,

Let me say I am very sorry to hear what happened to your colleagues. RIP.

I think we all know what is coming now, Israel will try and blacken the names of the dead, link them to "terrorist" organisiations and claim they were attacked first. The yanks will lap that up most likely. Its pathetic and evil what these scumbags are allowed to do and then to hear them claim some moral high ground is disgusting. Ireland should expel all Israeli diplomats from this country immediately. I wouldn't have them about the place no more than i'd allow Nazis about the place.

Ulick

Israelis knew what they were at alright, sure who's going to give a fcuk about a handful of Turkish Muslims? So long as there was no EU or US citizens, they knew they could get away with indiscriminate murder. 

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Hardy

I await now the formation of an international coalition of the willing to be assembled by the US to effect regime change in a rogue state, possessing weapons of mass destruction, acting in defiance of international law and UN resolutions and working actively to destabilise the world's most volatile region.

RealSpiritof98

My sentiments exactly Hardy, translated, anyone who thinks that this is going to change anything is seriously deluded, the israelis have (troops) Jews planted at the head of all the western governments and big banks so that they can do what they want when they want.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Speechless, have just heard about this, this morning - 15 dead, now is the time to act against the terrorists that are the Israeli state!  >:(
Tbc....

give her dixie

Folks, do me a favour and call the BBC Nolan show.

They have just had an Israeli spokesman on telling lie after lie, and they wouldn't put me on to refute his unfounded claims.

08459 55 56 78

Shame on them......

I was on at 6 30 this morning, a time when no one was listening.....................
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

pintsofguinness

There's just no words for these bastards. Good luck to Turkey in their retaliation.

No doubt the rest of the world will just sit by as usual.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Zapatista

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 31, 2010, 09:58:29 AM
My sentiments exactly Hardy, translated, anyone who thinks that this is going to change anything is seriously deluded, the israelis have (troops) Jews planted at the head of all the western governments and big banks so that they can do what they want when they want.

Wrong way around. The heads of all the western governments have a country planted in the middle of the only place on earth they can't control from their own respective countries.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Ulick on May 31, 2010, 09:30:30 AM
Israelis knew what they were at alright, sure who's going to give a fcuk about a handful of Turkish Muslims? So long as there was no EU or US citizens, they knew they could get away with indiscriminate murder.
9 Irish citizens on board.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0531/mideast.html

Zapatista

Define Irony?

Mr Martin said his department was seeking to confirm the safety of nine Irish passport holders