Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

gaagaa

Quote from: mick999 on October 16, 2007, 10:09:12 AM

Paul Coyle played with O'Rourke at St Marys as well ..Peter Leonard is from Donagh ..

i think coyle played for jordanstown.  long way from swatragh to training in fermanagh

Maximus Marillius

Coyle is a strange choice.... has to be good mates with O'Rourke, because Coyle has no track record of management or coaching at all in derry where he lives.

inisceithleann

Lads are we going to welcome Rory Gallagher back into the fold if O'Rourke asks him.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

FermGael

Rory Gallagher is probably the most naturally gifted footballer that Fermanagh have produced in the last 15 years and if O'Rourke wants him in the panel i see no reason as to why he should not be there providing his attitude is right.  If his attitude is wrong then I do not think that O'Rourke will tolerate him being around.
As for welcoming Gallagher back i would say if he does the business on the field for the county all will be forgiven.
Another question is can he get a transfer from Cavan to Fermanagh??  Would he not need to rejoin a club in Fermanagh??
Also where are we going to be playing our National league games next year?
Brewster Park will not be ready until late Spring at the earliest, so what will happen there??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

inisceithleann

Quote from: FermGael on October 23, 2007, 09:59:10 AM
Rory Gallagher is probably the most naturally gifted footballer that Fermanagh have produced in the last 15 years and if O'Rourke wants him in the panel i see no reason as to why he should not be there providing his attitude is right.  If his attitude is wrong then I do not think that O'Rourke will tolerate him being around.
As for welcoming Gallagher back i would say if he does the business on the field for the county all will be forgiven.
Another question is can he get a transfer from Cavan to Fermanagh??  Would he not need to rejoin a club in Fermanagh??
Also where are we going to be playing our National league games next year?
Brewster Park will not be ready until late Spring at the earliest, so what will happen there??

As Rory Gallagher was born in Fermanagh and previously played for them, he can continue playing club football in Dublin as far as I know. We'll be playin our matches in Clones and Cavan FermGael. Brewsters the only county stadium we can avail of, so it's it or nothing.

ExiledGael

Not sure I'd want a bit of him back.
Anyway he played in Cavan with Crosserlough last year, can he jump ship again

gaagaa

what sort of team are your county champions - will they be worth going to see against glenullin next week?

inisceithleann

Quote from: gaagaa on October 27, 2007, 12:37:25 PM
what sort of team are your county champions - will they be worth going to see against glenullin next week?

Newtownbutler are a good side and have won the Div 1 of the senior league several times in recent years, but have struggled to win the championship, this is their first win since 1997. They will put it up to Glenullin, and will be competitive but it's unlikely they could match Glenullin's talent. They've a couple of county players in the Johnston brothers, Paul and Raymie. I hope they give a good account of themselves, and I think they will.

inisceithleann

Lads is there any truth in the rumour that a new team is forming in Enniskillen under the name CĂșchonnacht Gaels? Apparently it's for newcomers to Enniskillen from rural areas in Fermanagh that don't fancy playing with Enniskillen Gaels. Rumour has it that they'll play at Lissan, which is controversial enough with it being in Pobal parish.

gaagaa

Quote from: inisceithleann on October 27, 2007, 12:42:01 PM
Quote from: gaagaa on October 27, 2007, 12:37:25 PM

Newtownbutler are a good side and have won the Div 1 of the senior league several times in recent years, but have struggled to win the championship, this is their first win since 1997. They will put it up to Glenullin, and will be competitive but it's unlikely they could match Glenullin's talent. They've a couple of county players in the Johnston brothers, Paul and Raymie. I hope they give a good account of themselves, and I think they will.

glenullin play open football going by what ive seen of them this year

ExiledGael

Newtown have been the most consistent team in Fermanagh for years now but the Championship always eluded them until now. For this reason I think they'll see the Fermanagh title as enough for a historic year, though Glenullin are sort of in the same boat.
Their top player, and probably the Fermanagh league's best player for a year or two now is midfielder Ryan Carson. Great talent and brilliant left foot, would be a cert for the county if you could get him committed. Hope they can give a good account of themselves and would imagine the two Johnstons will face up to Eoin and Paddy Bradley, Paul probably marking Paddy.
They haven't got too many county regulars but almost all of them have played for Fermanagh at some level, a few of them who really should be mainstays on the county team - Carson, the two Johnstons, Colm Monaghan at least.
Afraid I can't see anything other than a comfortable Glenullin win, and I've seen both teams play this year. If the weather gets much worse it could be a low scoring affair and give Netwown a chance.
Can you see Glenullin being really fired up for Ulster?

Haven't heard about the new club in Enniskillen, heard similar rumours before so think it will happen some time soon

gaagaa

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 28, 2007, 09:01:11 PM

Can you see Glenullin being really fired up for Ulster?

depends if theyve sobered up.  paddy bradley in pretty poor form at the moment.

Tempoman

I think thats good news, if theres a new team starting up in enniskillen, it will be good for the county. So that is goin to be 3 different teams playing from pobal. Tempo, St pats lisbellaw and this new enniskillen team!!!

ExiledGael

I'm a long way from home so haven't seen the herald but according to some on Hoganstand ther'es a trial county squad announced:

Gaels- Michael Kerr, Ronan McCabe, Chris Breen, Niall McVeigh, Ryan McCluskey
Skea- Aidie Little, Bob Robertson, Mark McKenna, Brian Og Maguire, Greg O'Donnell
Belcoo- John Carrigan, Ciaran Leonard, Emmett Scallon, Niall Leonard, Ryan Dolan, Shane McCabe
Derrygonnelly- Barry Gallagher, Paul Ward, Johnathan McGurn, Michael Jones
St Pats- Paul Cosgrove, Eamon Maguire, Patrick Cadden
Teemore- Sean Curry, Joey Donegan,
Kinawley- Shaun Doherty, Sean Leonard(Red), Shay Keenan, Brendan McHugh, Matthew Drumm
Erne Gaels- Mark Lyons, Ciaran Smyth, Seamy Ryder, Damian Lyons
Brookeboro- Paddy Mohan, Gerard Woods, Ciaran Donnelly, Ciaran Boyle
Tempo- Cathal McCaffrey, Thomas Campbell, Paudie McCann, Rory Foy, Daryl Keenan, Decky Cambell, Damien Kelly
Newtown- Colum Monaghan, Eugene Maguire, Danny O'Keefe, James Connelly
Ederney- Peter Gormley, Enda Ferris, Dwayne McAlynn, Decky McKeever, John Irvine, Ciaran Aiken
Roslea- Kevin Cosgrove, Peter Lynch, Niall Cassidy
Devenish- Marty O'Brien, Barry Mulrone, Paul O'Brien,
Derrylin- Cahir Shannon, Mark Murphy,
Irvinestown- Shane Goan, Gary Maguire, Conor McGuigan, Fergal Murphy
Belnaleck, Dwayne McNulty, Kevin Connors, Mark Gallagher, Joey Heavey
Coa- Leo McQuaid, Leon Carters, Owen Donnelly
Ballinascreen- Ciaran McElroy

Seems a questionably high representation from Belanaleck/Tempo/Ederney/Kinawley, maybe that's clubsjust  forwarding a large amount of players or Hoganstanders being stupid. Not many of the big names there yet.

Gold

Did no Boho St Fabers players make the cut ?! ???
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."