American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

J70

Looking easy for the Giants now. Those two fourth down plays were insane.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 08, 2012, 08:24:58 PM
Will Pittsburgh injuries effect the next one much?
Pittsburg -7.5.

I was wrong. It's 9 with our local bookie. Took them anyhow. Let's go Steelers.

thejuice

I wonder what happens next for the Falcons. Matt Ryans contract if it gets an extension certainly wont be of the same value of his previous one. I also wonder if Mike Smith will be kept. Tony Gonzales might not be back next year.  I am getting the feeling that there is a glass ceiling at the first round of the play-offs for this team and something needs to change.

Its great that this team are posting winning seasons back to back now, but we need to improve into a team that wins in the post-season and look like they might win a Superbowl.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

A new OC might do something for the Falcons. Watching them I always feel their offence is very vanilla despite having a decent QB, a good RB and two explosive WR's.

thejuice

Giants vs Packers should be a good game. So too Sainst vs 49ers.

Hard to believe but the Giants had one of the lowest ranked defenses of all the play-off teams, we will see their true worth next week.

Big meeting in the morning so going to bed. Good night all.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

LostInSpace

Anyone got a link to watch Broncos v Steelers match online??

Gabriel_Hurl

Carmen Stateside

Big Ben is in bad shape. Looks like its going to be Denver's day.

David McKeown

The bigger issue for the steelers seems to be their secondary or lack thereof. That's 3 big passing plays in the second quarter alone
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

Overtime now. Who knows how this will end up? McGahees fumble was key for the Steelers comeback. The only turnover given up by the Broncos, if you don't turn the ball over you are very hard to beat.

Puckoon

GalwayBayBoy

Some finish. First play of OT ends it.

Don't like their chances away to the Pats next weekend though. Imagine the Pats will be pretty happy to be facing the Broncos rather than the Steelers. Even if it's a banged up Steelers.

Celt_Man

Caught the last five minutes in the 4th quarter and then the twenty seconds of OT... Fairly exciting finish to the game!

How come the Steelers didn't even attempt a field goal on their last play in regulation??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010