kildare's fitness

Started by intel, August 11, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intel

just wondering who kildare's fitness training is?? they seem to be flyin fit the past few games, does anyone know??

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

intel

she seems to be doing a good job, ive never heard of her has she worked with any teams before?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Logan

Who is Dublin's trainer?

They've been bloody good this year!!
I'm even more impressed with them when you think of how badly they got it wrong other years.

Paddy Tally I think is over Down - and he's got a good record winning and All Ireland with Tyrone.

Who is Corks? 

beer baron

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2010, 11:42:51 PM
DCU and Cavan

Would sound about right,it seems any trainer that's with Cavan seems not to have a clue-half the team out on their feet with 20 minutes left yet when they join other sides i.e Mc Elkennon with Monaghan they are flying fit  ::)it'd have you thinking there must be lads not putting in 100 %,proves what a tough job anyone that takes Cavan job will have!

lynchbhoy

Kildare have been ''flying fit' since the micko regieme when he upended the previous head-up-erse problem that prevailed in the county. While other problems existed up until relatively recently Kildare seemed to learn massively about fitness and proper conditioning since then.
This season has seen kildare show they are mentally strong enough to all go in and win 50-50 balls (being physically strong and fit isnt actually enough for this ).
You cant win if you dont have the ball and this imo is kildares biggest change - they always have had good players (though too often a bias for senior club players cost them).

Down are fit, but as they are generally so young its hard to know if thats all just down to the training.

western exile

Dinny Breen

Not that it matters but ex..
#newbridgeornowhere

western exile

You are right, it does not matter.  But it is good see that they can still have a good working relationship.

waitingforsam

never mind the physical fitness . . . . what about kildares mental fitness.

I gather Enda McNulty is helping his buddys McGeeney & O Rourke with his mental training, very much behind the scenes
Been waiting since '94

mrgaa1

They are very fit this year but then again all these inter-county footballers are as fit as a butchers dog.  The dedication these guys have is unreal. 
And when your team is playing well fitness comes easier

Logan

::)

People are so predictable ... no one was coming out of the woodwork claiming to be the cause of their success when they imploded in the first round of the championship!

No they are all looking to jump on a band wagon.

Dinny Breen

Quoteno one was coming out of the woodwork claiming to be the cause of their success when they imploded in the first round of the championship!

Ahem check the Louth thread - it was one reason they lost that game  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Winnie Peg

Quote from: waitingforsam on August 12, 2010, 07:04:01 PM
never mind the physical fitness . . . . what about kildares mental fitness.

I gather Enda McNulty is helping his buddys McGeeney & O Rourke with his mental training, very much behind the scenes

That is shameless self promotion Enda. :D :D