GAA Undermining International Rules

Started by SC1Sports.com, November 04, 2011, 10:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC1Sports.com

Club season goes on for 9 months - should be well wrapped up before.

For a patriotic sport, why are players made to feel bad about wanting to represent their country?

The game should promote itself but the marketing of the series - which includes the very best players in our sport - is non-existent.

http://sc1sports.com/gaa-undermining-international-rules/ (This is a good article - if i say so myself)

We shouldn't be so opposed to letting our sport grow.

thewobbler

It's a turd.

By that I mean both the game it espouses, and the article itself.

Only people who believe in the tooth fairy could justify ripping up and reordering the GAA club calendar so that an irrelevant junket can take place.

SC1Sports.com

It shouldn't be an "irrelevant junket" - it should be used to help the sport and the players grow. It should be a celebratory event; a prestigious affair.

There are 12 months in the year - I'm sure we can free up two weeks for the only international competition we can have. That leaves 50 weeks for clubs to finish up but it's never enough for clubs - even though they seemingly free up almost 2 free weeks every month anyway from March to August and then they panic.

Playing for your country should not be dismissed so easily. As Zach Tuohy, one of our professional contigent, said, "Playing for your country is one thing, but winning with them is something I'll never forget"