UEFA Charge Eduardo for Diving !

Started by Hoof Hearted, August 28, 2009, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

As i have said they have charged Eduardo for trying to "deceive the referee"  and as i said before every challenge can now be challenged! Say for instance me and you go for the ball and it goes out off you and you claim the corner, are you not then trying to deceive the referee? Are you not cheating?  Of course you are trying to gain unfair advantage (cheating)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

deiseach

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 29, 2009, 10:15:13 AM
The Arsenal legal team will rip this charge to bits!!! All they have to do is produce evidence from other games and say charge everyone then.....And believe me it would be too costly for UEFA!

Not a chance. The rules of sport are not the same as the law of the land. I remember when Roy Keane was handed a second ban for the notorious Alf Inge Haaland incident, some people were bleating about double jeopardy as if they were Jack McCoy in Law & Order. Didn't do him any good

Dinny Breen

You argue semantics, tell me what I do and don't know and then make another sanctimonious rant. Didn't have you down as a keyboard warrior.

I actually agree that Eduardo cheated I've never said he didn't, it's the entire hypocrisy around it, the possible retrospective 2 game ban yet it's only yellow card offence, the witch hunt from Celtic fans, the usual Wenger vitirol etc etc that's what annoys me...

Anyhow I'll leave you to your rants, your sensitivities and your plasma, may you never watch another premiership game again  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on August 29, 2009, 02:27:14 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 29, 2009, 10:15:13 AM
The Arsenal legal team will rip this charge to bits!!! All they have to do is produce evidence from other games and say charge everyone then.....And believe me it would be too costly for UEFA!

Not a chance. The rules of sport are not the same as the law of the land. I remember when Roy Keane was handed a second ban for the notorious Alf Inge Haaland incident, some people were bleating about double jeopardy as if they were Jack McCoy in Law & Order. Didn't do him any good

But is this sport or business? Large sums of money are at stake. I think players in more than one sport have been brought before the courts for physical clashes on the field and the rule of law took precedence over the rules of sport. Jockeys have gone to jail for cheating.

I know it's the famous appalling vista and given the amount of cheating that goes on, professional soccer couldn't function if it was made amenable to the law. Some of us would enjoy the irony, of course, if the awful cavalcade of greed and ugliness that is pro soccer today was to be brought to an end by an onslaught of opportunistic lawyers. They'd deserve each other.

John Martin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 29, 2009, 01:56:10 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 28, 2009, 07:13:22 PM
What's all this talk of retrospective banning....

Any chance of Rooney getting his ban for this one now...Maybe for 2moro's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ttK_ThHXc

Swings and roundabouts lads...Dont know what all the crying is about every team has got them decisions for and against them over the years.

That one's nowhere near as clearcut Pat. Eduardo's stood out as particularly blantant, like Lafferty last year or Diouf a couple of seasons ago for Bolton.

What I think is strange is that had the referee recognised the fact that Eduardo was cheated, he'd have picked up only a yellow card and there'd have been no suspension yet now he's facing a (deserved) 2 match ban. There's an anomaly there. Maybe in cases where the ref thinks there's been a dive, he should just not award a penalty or free kick and look at the incident after the match to decide if a ban should be administered.

And the conspiracy theories about this being related to the United match today are hilarious.  :D

Why is Rooneys less clearcut TAM? Both look like penalties in real time but it can be seen that there was no contact with the aid of video evidence. And I agree about the conspiracy theories.

ONeill

Ballack handled the ball today. Cheat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2009, 03:36:05 PM
Ballack handled the ball today. Cheat.

Absolute disgrace, he deserves a 6 match ban  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Terry also blocked a player and got away with it. Cheat. Ban him.

ONeill

I just saw Torres trying to deceive the ref there.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 29, 2009, 03:01:34 PM
You argue semantics, tell me what I do and don't know and then make another sanctimonious rant. Didn't have you down as a keyboard warrior.

I actually agree that Eduardo cheated I've never said he didn't, it's the entire hypocrisy around it, the possible retrospective 2 game ban yet it's only yellow card offence, the witch hunt from Celtic fans, the usual Wenger vitirol etc etc that's what annoys me...

Anyhow I'll leave you to your rants, your sensitivities and your plasma, may you never watch another premiership game again  ;)
jeez Dinny, dont think thats the case. Most Celtic fans accept arsenal were the better side and worthy winners. However most soccer and sports fans dont like this whole cheating aspect.
I was pleased to learn that celtic players took samaras aside after his first game with the club and told him that he was not dive again as a celtic player. He def is not falling about as he embarrassingly was in his first game for the celts.

eduardo dived. unlike other cases he is being taken to task. he's the unlucky one. However he brought it upon himself as it was a matter of time when this was going to happen to someone.
Lets see the same rule being implemented to any player guilty of such an offense.

arsene wenger has gone down in my estimation - at least temp- for his denial that it was a blatent dive and to imply that it was contact - though not a penalty.
I dont expect him to call his own player a cheat, but the tv pics from behind the goal prove ( I believe at least) that the keeper had daylight between and eduardo - so it was a very badly blatant dive.

Equality across the board is required here now from uefa and hope they can eradicate diving in soccer.

I have to commend eastern pride with his reaon why edardo dived - that he subconsciously was aware of his recent leg break etc. Lad you should be a lawyer !
:)

ONeill

There was contact - of that there's no doubt. However, Eduardo did the contacting.

ONeill

Did the Celtic players also take Nakamura, Petrov and Larsson aside too, all booked for diving whilst donning the Celtic jersey? No club is different.

lynchbhoy

contact was when he was almost on the deck, daylight before he was well on his way down.
contact afterwards would be inconsequential I would have thought.

jeez if yer going to be bitter and whinge by dragging up celtic players that you believe that are divers - then you'd better find a new house that isnt made of glass.

at least you are keeping to the sport that you actually might know a bit about now...
as ridiculing me over my prediction of tyrones impending doom proved you wrong again !

arsenal are a great side and wenger a fantastic manager but this dive is a bad blot on the career of an otherwise very promising looking player.

ONeill

The Watcher Pat

All matches over now then....Must trawl through all the action to see if anyone tried to deceive the ref...But hey Man U play Arsenal soon...Why do you not just ban Fabregas now for feinting injury!! Wouldn't doubt it....Wonder if Eddy's playing today? It would probably need him to get tackled by Jonah Lo mu to get a pen today......Complete disgrace the press heaping all the pressure on the ref today!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME