Davitts

Div 5B
St Malachys Portydown
Latton
St Peters Warrenpoint
Gael Chamabhainn
Castlewellan
Ardoyne

Nice to see more Down clubs involved this year.

Pity about Dungiven though

the green man

No Lamh Dearg? I think we're a division too high aswell!

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on January 31, 2008, 04:18:58 PM
Rossa giving it a miss or should they be in Div 2A? There seems to be a team missing there.

You're right hardone Rossa were missing from Div 2A, a typo on my part.

Lecale2

Who are St Eunanas?

Good to see Kilclief getting involved. They have complained for years about the lack of matches in Down Div 1 but never entered this competition.

milltown row

i suppose this will give ourselves and ballycran some top flight hurling. think this competition should be played off a lot earlier to avoid the debacle that was last year. start the thing in march and clubs can use it as a good prep for the coming season

nrico2006

Yeah, better to start it in march.  St Eunans are Letterkenny.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Guillem2

I can confirm that Rossa have entered. A bit of preparation for a good run in the Intermidiate Championship.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

surely you jest Guilem, but there are other teams that have been dropped down who may well consider it.  if all the stories coming from your camp is correct then you'll be giving the senior championship a rattle. Big jim back traning away

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Surprised to see lisbellaw in div 4 - should be higher. They should swap with Mac Cumhaills who never won a match last year!

No1

QuoteGood to see Kilclief getting involved. They have complained for years about the lack of matches in Down Div 1 but never entered this competition.

A fair enough point Lecale.  We couldn't get a team to go to the Ards at one stage last year so I wouldn't hold out any great hope for full participation in this league. 

We have no manager at present and the decision to enter seems to have been taken by the one hurling zealot on the committee.

bredaghgael86

quote author=johnneycool link=topic=6572.msg237196#msg237196 date=1201781401]

Div 3A[
Shane O'Neills
St Endas
Bredagh
Castleblaney Faughs
Eoghan Rua
Tir Na nO'g

Maybe im wrong, but shouldn't Tir Na nO'g have gone up to div2 with setanta? was it not the two finalists were automatically promoted, like St.Endas and Cloughmills. Its easy to see why my interest is in this group but i would have also thought Glenarm would have got a higher seeding this year, unless it is solely based on previous performance?  But overall it seems to be a very competitive group.

davincicode

Have been away boys, now im back from the dead, although im 100 mile away still return a few weekends every month. Suffice to say great win for the young bucks last Sunday. Cant wait to see how they fair this weekend, that will be the test against what i believe to be are strongest side for the past 3years.

thebandit

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on February 05, 2008, 01:23:46 PM
quote author=johnneycool link=topic=6572.msg237196#msg237196 date=1201781401]

Div 3A[
Shane O'Neills
St Endas
Bredagh
Castleblaney Faughs
Eoghan Rua
Tir Na nO'g

Maybe im wrong, but shouldn't Tir Na nO'g have gone up to div2 with setanta? was it not the two finalists were automatically promoted, like St.Endas and Cloughmills. Its easy to see why my interest is in this group but i would have also thought Glenarm would have got a higher seeding this year, unless it is solely based on previous performance?  But overall it seems to be a very competitive group.

It will be interesting to see how Castleblayney do, they reckon that they have a good enough team at the minute by their standards

bredaghgael86

Really. ive absolutely no idea what they would be like. played a couple of the other monaghan teams before, but i know blaney would probably be a lot better.  any predictions for any of the sections?

Lecale2

The fixtures were E Mailed to club secretaries last night.