AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Teo Lurley

Hi! I've just popped in to speak some sense, like I always do.

To say a team that plays at home in every game has an advantage is a FACT!
To say a team that has it's underage structures paid for and it's senior team backed by millions has an advantage is a FACT!

To say a team that plays at home in every game doesn't have an advantage is a LIE!
To say a team that has it's underage structures paid for and it's senior team backed by millions doesn't have an advantage is a LIE!

Happy to sort all this out for you. I'm sure everyone will agree with my synopsis above and will deal with the FACTS in a reasonable and respectable nature. Slán.

Teo Lurley

Forgot to add that Joe McQuillan has been assisting Dublin for over a decade now, how he's still let ref their matches I don't know. He even helps them out in training on occasions.

Tubberman

Conroy is out for the rest of the year - big blow for him personally, and a blow to the Mayo squad as it limits our options if things aren't going well.

https://twitter.com/ConroyMickey/status/633261067892846592

QuoteDisappointing weekend. Another injury that ends 2015 for me. Will be supporting from the stands. #suchislife
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 17, 2015, 02:56:54 PM
Forgot to add that Joe McQuillan has been assisting Dublin for over a decade now, how he's still let ref their matches I don't know. He even helps them out in training on occasions.

I thought he was very fair in 2013
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 17, 2015, 03:37:46 PM

;D :-X see the free count and watch it back.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 17, 2015, 03:57:25 PM

Do you not remember the Dublin players fouling repeatedly in the last 15 mins to close out the game? Every few metres gained, Mayo players were hauled down. That accounts for a lot of the frees rather than referee bias!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Tubberman on August 17, 2015, 04:24:08 PM

Do you not remember the Dublin players fouling repeatedly in the last 15 mins to close out the game? Every few metres gained, Mayo players were hauled down. That accounts for a lot of the frees rather than referee bias!

Just returning the favour at the 2012 semi when Mayo spent the last 15 mins on the ground etc.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 17, 2015, 04:34:55 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 17, 2015, 04:24:08 PM

Just returning the favour at the 2012 semi when Mayo spent the last 15 mins on the ground etc.

Not suggesting otherwise, just pointing out the reason for the free count was down to Dublin's fouling, not Joe McQuillan as you suggested.

giveballaghback

Mayo as usual getting their excuses in early.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 17, 2015, 11:11:16 PM
We may as well. I just think Dublin will win because their forwards are way better than any forwards Mayo's defence have faced all year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 17, 2015, 11:26:07 PM
We may as well. I just think Dublin will win because their forwards are way better than any forwards Mayo's defence have faced all year.

Yeah but the Reek was cancelled. The planets are aligning for Mayo.

It's written in the stars

ballinaman

Hardly worth going up so. ;)

Game is officially a sell out.

ballinaman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 17, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

So you're telling us Dublin have astrologists on the staff as well now...feck sake.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on August 17, 2015, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 17, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

So you're telling us Dublin have astrologists on the staff as well now...feck sake.

Indiana and the other Dubs on here can afford to be flippant.

Stuff is spinned but they expect to win and they know that they have a considerable advantage in CP. There is a sense of ownership about the place from the Dubs going back to heffos time the 70s. Pillar's teams' march to the hill was a deliberate statement of ownership of the pitch. The only statement comparable to that, that is still indulged, is the NZ haka.

Most of the Dub posters here know their football but a lot of their garden supporters are condescending and dismissive of everybody else bar maybe Kerry. These tend to be less than knowledgeable about their own team never mind the culchie hoardes. When they lose though its quickly dismissed and they return to their first and true love for next 9 months (Man U).

I'm complaining about the disadvantage we face before the event. Pointing it out like. To highlight the advantage after I would be accused of whinging.

The notion that CP is some kind of Mecca or Taj Mahal is way off the mark also. It's already a crumbling pigeon sanctuary, that was never completed and is poorly serviced by public transport. In a part of a city very difficult to reach.

Before my fellow countymen get caught up again in the romanticism about the place. The game is about players and great teams - not the field. The great teams/ players/ games would just have been as good anywhere else.

Hound

Wow. Whingefest meets Cringefest 
Quote from: moysider on August 18, 2015, 12:28:09 AM
The notion that CP is some kind of Mecca or Taj Mahal is way off the mark also. It's already a crumbling pigeon sanctuary, that was never completed and is poorly serviced by public transport. In a part of a city very difficult to reach.
Yeah, a place within a short walk of Connolly Station and Bus Aras is very difficult to reach!
But at least it puts the rest of your posts in context