Fitness4gaelic app

Started by barry1857, July 29, 2014, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry1857

Hi guys
           im new to the board, I just created a free app that has 3 different aspects

1 50+ training and conditioning drills fully diagrammed and explained

2 scoreboard and stat feature where you can record and keep the scores and stats of any game, games can then be saved in the archive to look back over later

3 clipboard feature a must have for any coach record team and player moves, record each move and play it back to players so they can see exactly how where and when the coach wants them to move.  The team complete movement can then be saved and named and stored in the archive for later use.

This app started out as a hobby for me and took quite a while to finish in my spare time, its absolutely free and I am really just wanting some feedback good or bad and what people involved in the sport generally think.

The app is currently just on the android operating system and can be downloaded from the link below or by searching fitness4gaelic from the play store on any android device. Plans or an apple version are in place but would like some feedback first.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitness4galeic

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Mikhailov

Quote from: barry1857 on July 29, 2014, 02:23:11 PM
Hi guys
           im new to the board, I just created a free app that has 3 different aspects

1 50+ training and conditioning drills fully diagrammed and explained

2 scoreboard and stat feature where you can record and keep the scores and stats of any game, games can then be saved in the archive to look back over later

3 clipboard feature a must have for any coach record team and player moves, record each move and play it back to players so they can see exactly how where and when the coach wants them to move.  The team complete movement can then be saved and named and stored in the archive for later use.

This app started out as a hobby for me and took quite a while to finish in my spare time, its absolutely free and I am really just wanting some feedback good or bad and what people involved in the sport generally think.

The app is currently just on the android operating system and can be downloaded from the link below or by searching fitness4gaelic from the play store on any android device. Plans or an apple version are in place but would like some feedback first.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitness4galeic

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

is it available on I-phone....

barry1857

I have started to convert to iphone should be available in a few weeks was just looking to get some feedback on how useful people thought the app was, apple ios is a little bit more time consuming but it is for sure in development

Gabriel_Hurl

Can't download it here in Canada

Linkbox

Same here. Make it available world wide and you'll get more feedback

Champ15

Do you mind if I share the link on my clubs facebook page?
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

barry1857

Hi guys I have just set the app worldwide didnt notice this setting when i was uploading, had for uk ireland and usa, it should be updated within a few hours so if you want to check later or tomorrow

champ 15 no problem sharing on your facebook infact thanks for the share buddy you can let me know the feedback.

Linkbox

Just a few notes (Tested with HTC One - Android Version 4.4.2).

Strategy:
Record functionality seems flaky. Icons would fly of the screen on me when playing back. An example would be great as the text instructions were quite wordy. The key to the most popular apps usually lays in their simplicity. Monkey see monkey doo etc etc.
Change the icon for help. Doesn’t look right.
Possibly add tool tips for the buttons along the bottom.

Scoreboard:
When entering names, half the screen is overtaken by the keyboard. User cannot see the bottom to select time or proceed unless they hit the back key
Possibly change the options of minutes per half or allow the user to add them manually.
Let the user proceed with Team A and Team B. Should be enough in small in-house games for example.
Option to pause time during a half (ladies football does this I think). Also a useful feature to have
Share with other platforms? Whatsapp? Lots of clubs would have a group chat for example. What is output file? Easily opened if the user does not have the app or is it just a raw text dump of the score?
Maybe remove wide button and make goal and point as big as the possible (maybe reduce the size allocated for the score for example). When running around, the user will like to make this action as easy as possible.
Possibly remove the skip button in scorer popup as leaving it blank and clicking enter does the same thing
Format the size of the buttons along the bottom so they fill the screen space (mine cuts of 9/10ths of the way across leaving a green space).

Drills:
Swiss Ball Rollout has the same picture twice.
Text seems badly formatted. Paragraphs were taken midsentence. Large spaces between words and lines. The font is probably a little too large.
When clicking back when viewing a specific drill, the list does not hold its position. If I'm viewing a drill at the bottom of the list and I click back, I expect the focus to remain at the bottom or wherever.
Possible feature - allow the user to side scroll through drills instead of clicking back and clicking a new drill
Possibly allow the user to grab the scroll bar to move down
3 - 4 minutes rest between drills? How did you come to the timings? Possibly leave that to the coaches or prefix it by saying they are guidelines
More navigation options other than back. Sub menus along the top for example.
Lots of text in some of the drills (8 point square for example).
Some have no diagrams. These are usually a great addition for all drills.
Possible feature – allow the user to create drills.

General observations:
No need for uppercase button text.
Different icon on app tab (kicking the ball) and inside the app (running with ball). Go for consistency
Go to Coaching Drill - Click a Drill - Click back (mobile button, not app button) twice - Takes the user to scoreboard.

Brilliant idea and best of luck with it. Could save alot of people of standing out with the damn clipboard. You have done an excellent job

barry1857

Hi Linkbox would really like to thank you for the in depth analysis I will try to implement as much if not all of what you mentioned as I think you have made good points. I am also glad you like the features on the app will be in touch when im releasing an update

thanks again

Linkbox