Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: square_ball on April 27, 2023, 09:37:59 PM
I think Evertons time is up in the Premier League. I just don't see where they are getting the points they need to stay up. Southampton as well. Then one from Leicester, Forest and Leeds.
It looks like that.

From the Bunker

Evertons remaining games are: Leicester(2-0), Brighton(4-1), Man City(1-1), Wolves(2-1), Bournemouth(0-3).

Previous seasons results in Brackets - all losses except for v Man City!

Mourne Red

Isak dribbled past about 7 Everton players to assist Murphy for his goal (Of those 7 think he beat 2 of them twice). They look dead and buried - Between Leicester and Leeds for 3rd relegations spot for me. Saints and Everton gone imo

From the Bunker

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs have been ever present in the top flight since i started watch English football in the late 70's!

square_ball

Everton will surely be fcuked off the pitch if they are relegated. Shiny new stadium to pay for and no Premier League football.

quit yo jibbajabba

I still dunno. Leics match crucial obvs.

But they play wolves and bournemouth when they likely have nothing to play for. Could 6 points do it? Maybe not...but if they bate Leics..

Arsenal and Everton the longest running teams in top Division methinks

Aaron Boone

The way this relegation dogfight has gone. Everton could easily win their next game and they are out of the bottom 3.

Frank Lampard has successfully put two clubs in the relegation frame this season, quite the achievement by the press's favourite English manager. 

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 27, 2023, 10:29:17 PM
Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs have been ever present in the top flight since i started watch English football in the late 70's!
I think Everton have had the longest spell in the top flight
Bournemouth have been very impressive. They were in the bottom 3 but won 3 matches in their last 5 and look safe now.

square_ball

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 27, 2023, 11:59:08 PM
The way this relegation dogfight has gone. Everton could easily win their next game and they are out of the bottom 3.

Frank Lampard has successfully put two clubs in the relegation frame this season, quite the achievement by the press's favourite English manager.

That's the issue. They haven't looked like winning any games recently. But you're right that one or two wins and the whole thing looks totally different.

Lampard is totally out of his depth. Getting a free pass about it from the media.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2023, 07:46:30 AM
Bournemouth have been very impressive. They were in the bottom 3 but won 3 matches in their last 5 and look safe now.

As an Everton fan for many years I think they're relegated and with the current team there's no guarantee's they'd come back up any time soon.

They don't have the players to create chances with the amount of ball they have, easy to defend against, DCL had a good chance, was off balance when pulling the trigger, the other just offside, but offside nonetheless. The goal went straight in from a corner.

The defensive cornerstone that was allowing them to pick up the odd point is gone, torn to shreds, Fulham grabbed 3, Newcastle 4, and could have been much more.

Pickford, Onana and DCL will go in the summer, time they built on the young guns, Branthwaite is showing good stuff on loan, but there's interest from bigger clubs, Simms shows signs although a bit lazy for my liking but Moshiri's reign has been an abject disaster.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on April 28, 2023, 08:29:15 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2023, 07:46:30 AM

As an Everton fan for many years I think they're relegated and with the current team there's no guarantee's they'd come back up any time soon.

They don't have the players to create chances with the amount of ball they have, easy to defend against, DCL had a good chance, was off balance when pulling the trigger, the other just offside, but offside nonetheless. The goal went straight in from a corner.

The defensive cornerstone that was allowing them to pick up the odd point is gone, torn to shreds, Fulham grabbed 3, Newcastle 4, and could have been much more.

Pickford, Onana and DCL will go in the summer, time they built on the young guns, Branthwaite is showing good stuff on loan, but there's interest from bigger clubs, Simms shows signs although a bit lazy for my liking but Moshiri's reign has been an abject disaster.

They need a new owner. They would still have big attendances. I wouldn't expect it to be long stay

manfromdelmonte

Not looking good for the Toffees.

Poor running of the club off the pitch, terrible management appointments and brutal player recruitment for the past 10 years is finally catching up

RedHand88

Quite the game in the lunchtime kickoff.
3-2 after 35mins!

gawa316

Palace above Chelsea...Woy doing quite the job

GJL

Klopp pulling the hammer going at the 4th official! 🤣🤣🤣🤣