Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 07, 2023, 11:32:17 PM
TBH in a way the European Super league might have been better to happen- for everyone else at least. It would have shown up the big boys for what they are and could have turned sour eventually.

Domestic leagues would have continued as they are on a more level and sensible footing. If the other thing did go tits up would have been some craic to see them skulking home trying to get back in again.

Sure the Premier League is becoming the Super League. Look at the money Nottingham Forest spent when they got Promoted.  Celtic and Ranges couldn't even compete with teams at the bottom end of the Premier League for players.
Chelsea spent more in the January window then the rest of top 5 leagues combined.

The English clubs are getting so far ahead with the Sky money.and foreign owners.

seafoid

if they can't do salary caps they should control how much money teams get.
It would make the Champions League much more interesting.

Maroon Manc

United averaged over 50,000 the season they spent in Div 2, weren't too many day trippers or glory hunters around in those days.

thewobbler

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 08, 2023, 08:47:04 AM
United averaged over 50,000 the season they spent in Div 2, weren't too many day trippers or glory hunters around in those days.

And they averaged 10,000 fewer than that the season before. so would it be fair to describe 20% of their fan base at the time as glory hunters?

Look-Up!

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 08, 2023, 08:47:04 AM
Or no prawn sandwiches either. Having admission prices over the 15-20 quid mark will get rid of a lot of the "soul".

seafoid

Captain Obvious

1-1 the popular result today. Opportunity for Soulless City to close the gap at the top to three points tomorrow.

quit yo jibbajabba

Soton mustnt want to stay up. On the verge of appointin Marsch as manager....

Hassenthutl be doin some laughin

NAG1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 14, 2023, 12:41:57 PM
Soton mustnt want to stay up. On the verge of appointin Marsch as manager....

Hassenthutl be doin some laughin

Southampton follow the data, their whole model is based on this and the reason they went for Jones was because of that. I would imagine with the American sport obsession with data and stats that Mrasch woud be a good fit. I'm not saying that it would work, but if that is what your model is it makes sense.

Look-Up!

Hope Arsenal can do the business tomorrow night. Results haven't gone their way of late but they're still playing ok plus got done by VAR at the weekend. They're at home plus an extra days rest so expect a big performance from them and I think an attack oriented team will suit them. Be nice to see the title race go down to the wire and a new team emerge.

jcpen

Good game, pretty soft penalty though I thought.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

gawa316

jcpen

Quote from: gawa316 on February 15, 2023, 08:27:27 PM
Pretty clear pen I thought
I dunno the ball was gone, it was a coming together more than Ederson taking him out.
Arsenal deserve to be level though in fairness.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Seen it given or not given.. to be fair I don't think Arsenal would have complained
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

It's not a penalty. Unless we are now giving penalties for every time a player gets touched by a keeper after a shot.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014