Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on January 14, 2023, 02:09:51 PM
How can Rashford not be interfering there when he's standing over the ball and pulling the City players towards his run??
Yeah I don't get it, he literally stops the City players getting to the ball.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Captain Obvious

Wouldn't have known Haaland was playing at all. When did Manchester City last have just 1 shot on target in a Premier league game? That young Garnacho lad has something about him.

Milltown Row2

There are 20 games to go, anyone of 6 can put in a shift and gather close to 50 plus points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

f**king hell as bad as it would be seeing Arsenal win the league, it be 100 times worse if Man United win it. Don't f**k it up Arsenal.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

My hopes and dreams for this season are well and truly in The Emirates! ;D

Captain Obvious

Liverpool a bit shit this season then again they were a bit shit in 2005 and would go on to win the Champions league.

Another defeat for neighbours Everton, Lampard running out of road.

Armagh18

Quote from: laoislad on January 14, 2023, 03:00:53 PM
f**king hell as bad as it would be seeing Arsenal win the league, it be 100 times worse if Man United win it. Don't f**k it up Arsenal.
Fully confident United will finish above Arsenal tbh, just think they will bottle it. City are the worry, always capable of going on a 10+ game winning streak.

seafoid

The last time I looked at the bottom 3 in September,  Leicester were bottom of the table. Forest and Bournemouth were riding shotgun.

3 totally different teams occupy the spaces now.

OrchardOrange

Liverpool and Chelsea the laughing stock of the Premier league. Long may it continue!  ;D

jcpen

What's been allowed to happen at Liverpool is criminal. One of the things that made Ferguson such a genius was his ability to build a new team before the team he had were even finished.
I know they've made numerous signings but that Liverpool team is more or less the same group of players who won the League and Champions League.
There have been areas that need refreshing that are so glaring obvious it's utterly bizarre how it's been handled.
The team is gone stale, Klopp still trying to play the same way with players who are now 4 to 5 years older. 
What happened with the talk of new owners?
This is one of my 3 usernames.

trailer

Quote from: OrchardOrange on January 14, 2023, 05:33:52 PM
Liverpool and Chelsea the laughing stock of the Premier league. Long may it continue!  ;D

Exactly. The worst clubs with the worst fans. No class.

David McKeown

Quote from: jcpen on January 14, 2023, 02:10:53 PM
How can Rashford not be interfering there when he's standing over the ball and pulling the City players towards his run??

The problem was no city player went near him to make it so that he was interfering with play by the current rules which shows the stupidity of the rule.  In order to interfere he must stop a city player from playing the ball or challenge them whilst they play it.  Neither of those things happened
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Quote from: David McKeown on January 14, 2023, 07:10:37 PM
Quote from: jcpen on January 14, 2023, 02:10:53 PM

The problem was no city player went near him to make it so that he was interfering with play by the current rules which shows the stupidity of the rule.  In order to interfere he must stop a city player from playing the ball or challenge them whilst they play it.  Neither of those things happened

Yeah, looks like it was legal as per this season's rules, but in this case the law is an ass. Rashford isn't there... everyone reacts differently. He did everything to look like he was getting on the end of it except actually touch the ball.

Some of the stuff coming out of IFAB is ludicrous.

Armagh18

Quote from: jcpen on January 14, 2023, 05:54:48 PM
What's been allowed to happen at Liverpool is criminal. One of the things that made Ferguson such a genius was his ability to build a new team before the team he had were even finished.
I know they've made numerous signings but that Liverpool team is more or less the same group of players who won the League and Champions League.
There have been areas that need refreshing that are so glaring obvious it's utterly bizarre how it's been handled.
The team is gone stale, Klopp still trying to play the same way with players who are now 4 to 5 years older. 
What happened with the talk of new owners?
Thats the difference in a very very good manager like Klopp and a truly great one, imo.

Look-Up!

It's a tough call but thought it was a goal myself. I don't think he interfered enough with the City players and I think they could have made a better effort getting back. Had City scored it and it was disallowed they'd be incensed. Remember City scoring a goal against Villa I think, Tyrone Mings challenged by a City player well offside and lost the ball without controlling it. City praised the referee. Thought Rashford decision was less contentious.

Anyone see Brentford Bournemouth penalty for Toney. Now that was a shocker from VAR.