Irish Government/IRFU to bid for 2023 RWC

Started by Feckitt, November 18, 2013, 03:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

With use of GAA stadiums along with existing rugby stadiums ireland could host this! it comes at the end of the GAA season too, The world cup keeps revolving around New Zealand 2011, Australia 2003, NZ & Aussies joint 1987, 5 Nations 1991, South Africa 1995, Wales 1999, France 2007, with England coming up next, thats left only Ireland and Scotland as top tiered teams never to host a world cup.

Leo

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 28, 2013, 02:16:44 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 28, 2013, 02:12:23 PM
There was grass banking behind the goals in some of the stadiums in NZ. I doubt they are going to turn every stadium being used ,into all seater arenas. An upgrade obviously, but hardly essential to have every stadium  seated.

What you tend to find in this case (Super 15/NRL grounds) is that the two stands running either side of the touchline are of very high spec, with grass banks behind their goals. Australia and to a lesser extent NZ have the climate to accomodate such facilities.

What you also tend to find away from your average GAA stadium is the meaning of "toilet". Even Croke Park bogs are a total disgrace.
Fierce tame altogether

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Leo on November 29, 2013, 11:25:58 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 28, 2013, 02:16:44 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 28, 2013, 02:12:23 PM
There was grass banking behind the goals in some of the stadiums in NZ. I doubt they are going to turn every stadium being used ,into all seater arenas. An upgrade obviously, but hardly essential to have every stadium  seated.

What you tend to find in this case (Super 15/NRL grounds) is that the two stands running either side of the touchline are of very high spec, with grass banks behind their goals. Australia and to a lesser extent NZ have the climate to accomodate such facilities.

What you also tend to find away from your average GAA stadium is the meaning of "toilet". Even Croke Park bogs are a total disgrace.
Come on, they are functional. You can't expect 5 star bogs in a public stadium.

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/0519/702215-dick-spring-ireland-have-40-of-rwc-2023-vote/

Croker, Aviva, Casement (subject to...well read the thread yourselves), Fitzgerald and McHale Park mentioned.

Even as a Mayoman I have to say it looks a bit too political, even if the stadia involved would be well able for what may be asked of them.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 01:35:14 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/0519/702215-dick-spring-ireland-have-40-of-rwc-2023-vote/

Croker, Aviva, Casement (subject to...well read the thread yourselves), Fitzgerald and McHale Park mentioned.

Even as a Mayoman I have to say it looks a bit too political, even if the stadia involved would be well able for what may be asked of them.

Sadist.

magpie seanie

Good to see age hasn't dampened Dick Spring's arrogance or lack of tact.

Billys Boots

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 19, 2015, 03:09:12 PM
Good to see age hasn't dampened Dick Spring's arrogance or lack of tact.

Rugger Bugger in Tactless Arrogance Shocker .... not.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

I suppose they'll watch the Women's WC 2017 closely to identify potential weak points.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Bord na Mona man

Spring claiming he has 40% of the votes in the bag this far in advance could backfire spectacularly and perhaps even be one of his legacies! That and dropping a catch in Cardiff.
He's practically telling his competitors the target list of votes they need to badger, bribe and blackmail. Also, it could be perceived as arrogantly presumptuous by those he thinks he has in his column.

If this process in any way resembles the way soccer World Cups and Olympic Games are awarded, I'd assume absolutely nothing before votes are counted. We've seen England's anguish trying to secure World Cups when slimey Johnny Foreigner fails to be wowed by the glory of bidmeisters David Cameron and Prince William.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/8176849/Englands-World-Cup-2018-bid-blame-lies-for-humiliation.html

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on May 19, 2015, 05:11:07 PM
Spring claiming he has 40% of the votes in the bag this far in advance could backfire spectacularly and perhaps even be one of his legacies! That and dropping a catch in Cardiff.
He's practically telling his competitors the target list of votes they need to badger, bribe and blackmail. Also, it could be perceived as arrogantly presumptuous by those he thinks he has in his column.

If this process in any way resembles the way soccer World Cups and Olympic Games are awarded, I'd assume absolutely nothing before votes are counted. We've seen England's anguish trying to secure World Cups when slimey Johnny Foreigner fails to be wowed by the glory of bidmeisters David Cameron and Prince William.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/8176849/Englands-World-Cup-2018-bid-blame-lies-for-humiliation.html

That's what you get when you put Dick Spring in charge of anything. A seriously dubious choice to lead this campaign. f**king politicians again. Himself and Bruton made a complete arse of the 1st IRA ceasefire, the whole thing nearly went off again thanks in no small part to them. He shouldn't be let near organising a cake sale.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 20, 2015, 12:38:04 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on May 19, 2015, 05:11:07 PM

That's what you get when you put Dick Spring in charge of anything. A seriously dubious choice to lead this campaign. f**king politicians again. Himself and Bruton made a complete arse of the 1st IRA ceasefire, the whole thing nearly went off again thanks in no small part to them. He shouldn't be let near organising a cake sale.

I like the way you can subtly sew hot topics together.  :D
MWWSI 2017