Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

Roving my hole, he's chief scoring threat on that team and needs to be close to the posts! Unless its a 2 man full forward line they're going with. By the looks of it he's gone for plenty of midfielders anyhow with the whole half forward line having played midfield for their clubs recently- Aidso played their for St Galls and Mick and Pig played their for us.

i know its only the McKenna Cup but we need to get things right early if we're to dump you hoors from the USFC  ;D

aontroim

McKenna Cup - Antrim v Down

1. Sean McGreevy
2. Damien Gault
3. Colin Brady
4. Lawrence Higgins
5. Sean McVeigh
6. Gavin Bell
7. Niall Ward
8. Joe Quinn
9. Darrell Martin
10. Aiden Gallagher
11. Michael McCann
12. Eoin O'Neill
13. Paul Close
14. Ciaran Close (Capt.)
15. Mickey Rea

SlimShady

who the fook is Lawrence Higgins?!

Closie the Captain, go on the boy ya  ;)

doesnt seem too long ago when he was running out the Casement door as Mascot!!

hightower

SlimShady

Glenavy. But according to a previous poster he gets about!!

shady character

Oh please. That has to be the worst Antrim team I've seen in years, and let me tell you I've followed our footballers up and down the country for years!

No out and out scoring threat up front.......paul close never scored when he was there before...aidso gallagher has no real feet, mick mccann maybe a couple of scores, micky rea is an unkown at that level and ciaran close cant do it against good oposition. as for the pig..a good oul grafer but just not at that level.

and as for choice fpr captaincy, reckon thats a complete joke. When the team needs driven on, close will be lookin up into stand to see who's watching him!!

SlimShady

has aidso got plastic feet then?!  :P

think you've gone a wee bit OTT there shady character, it is time to try these things out-play the players that havent been seen before-the likes of Mickey Rea and yer man Higgins and see what they have.

Close was a good captain for us last year, brought home the bacon  ;)

what club are you from Shady?

shady character

Certainly, young rea deserves a go. And lets hope he is the business!

Were you in Enniskillen last year?! Yes aidso has plastic feet! and 3 out of t 4 of the rest of the fellas have been there before and not really cut it, if we are being truthful about it.

The Mighty Kickhams is my club. And who knows maybe M&M can bring us home some bacon this year!

Yes, Close lifted the cup but not really a leader....cargin boys will tell you that themselves. You seem pretty fond of him Slim?! u must be quite CLOSE?! ha....sorry about the pun.
Getting carried off at end of the county final and then mysteriously losing his pain at the final whistle. Hardly the credentials of a leader Slim?

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

shady character

Hes from Brackaville I think.....but now plays for glenavy. Let's hope he's not like alot of the other castaways we've tried in the past!!

SlimShady

I had the misfortune of being in Enniskillen and getting the biggest soaking of my life yes with the rest of our panel that day. What a f**king piss of a day that was.

Close has problems with his calves-they cramp up sometimes but get back to normal after a few minutes rest. would it have been wiser him staying on the field unfit to walk?

what do you make of Daryll Martins County credentials?

nrico2006

What age is he?  I heard he was from the Moy
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

shady character

Dito.

AHAHAHA.......are you for real?? i swear that has to be the funniest thing ive heard in a long time!!

Are you his mammy?! Get real.......he didnt get a kick..not because his calves were too sore but becuase he let ur man mcdemott intimidate him, and physically overpower him, thus he was taken off.

You are good craic tho slim :-)