Sligo,
Roscommon,
Wexford,
Fermanagh,
Louth,
Cavan,
Offaly,
Antrim.

Should be interesting, first up for us a tough away day in Belfast. I think we are better than last yr so Im optimistic for Sligo, will be disappointed if we dont get promoted. 4 home games aswell so cant complain. Cant wait.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

All building up to a grand finale in Markievicz on 11th April when we cross Corr Shliabh to beard the Magpies in their den.
Seriously and realistically we are looking to at least stay in the division by avoiding relegation and if we get 4 wins and end the NFL with a reasonable settled team it will be progress.
This was the tightest of all the divisions last year with only a few points between top and bottom and I suspect we'll see a similar close finish again.
The teams with 4 home games will be at an advantage .
We face the Cyaaaavan biys on Sunday and Fergie's problem is that anything up to half his squad was not available to him during the FBD so team selection might be a shot in the dark.
Anyway the silly season is over so let it roll  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macedoniaexile

Fermanagh favourites to win division, Roscommon strong favourites to be regelated. Bookies have got this one wrong. Look at odds today because this day week all will be changed mark my words.

SLIGONIAN

Can you post the odds, cant access bookmaker websites here in uae..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM
Division 3 teams,

Sligo,
Roscommon,
Wexford,
Fermanagh,
Louth,
Cavan,
Offaly,
Antrim.

Should be interesting, first up for us a tough away day in Belfast. I think we are better than last yr so Im optimistic for Sligo, will be disappointed if we dont get promoted. 4 home games aswell so cant complain. Cant wait.

Well on paper Sligo & Fermanagh Should get Promotion but this is Division 3 & anything could happen, i wonder what's the Story with Mattie Forde? if he's fit he could fire Wexford to Promotion & as for ourself i'm expecting another mid table finish with possibly Cavan Offaly or Louth falling to Division 4

Paddy Power Odds

Fermanagh    7/2
Sligo    4/1
Wexford    4/1
Cavan    6/1
Offaly    6/1
Antrim    6/1
Louth    9/1
Roscommon    10/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

I'd be disappointed if Offaly are relegated there, even though it's a tough division and wouldn't be a complete shock. Sitting here the Monday before it starts, I'd be looking at..

Fermanagh (h) - Chance of a win here.
Wexford (a) - Very hard to get anything in Wexford Park, but if Forde is out you'd never know.
Roscommon (h) - Big game. Win and they'll be going well, but it will be tough.
Sligo (a) - Again, tough trip, I'd have preferred Sligo and Wexford in Tullamore.
Antrim (h) - Decent record against Antrim, but Antrim seem to have a bit of momentum.
Cavan (a) - Another big game, and another team I'd prefer in Tullamore.
Louth (h) - A good game to finish with. Louth will be tough, but it's good to have them at home.

All in all I'd prefer to have Sligo, Wexford and Cavan at home, but 4 home games is a good start.

I'll go for 3 wins, and maybe a draw in Sligo or Cavan.

7 points should keep you up.

ross4life

No more than ourself it's sad to see offaly such a great footballing county with a Great history now so bad!

i got to see them play first hand last year, to be honest they were one of the worst team's i've seen Roscommon play & judging by the hammering the got from DCU a couple of weeks ago they haven't improved much?

But they are at Home to Roscommon which is a plus

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Ah they were fairly experimental in the O'Byrne Cup. The league will give a clearer indication.

FermGael

I have no idea why they regard Fermanagh as favourites.
We have 4 away game and 3 home games AGAIN FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW.
We are away to Antrim, Cavan, Wexford and first up Offaly.
If we have any chance of making the top 2 its vital we get a win in Offaly.
Cavan is a local derby and Antrim may well have the St Gall's contingent back when we play them.
Wexford have also beat us in the last 2 years and if Forde is fit, they will be in the mix.
Have a wee sneaky feeling about Antrim.  They could very well be like Tipperary last year and have successive promotions.

AZ a few of us thinking of making the trip down for Sunday.
Any advice on where to stay or go for a few pints would be much appreciated.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Division 3 will be very comeptitive this year. There isn't much much between any of the teams. We did very well at the level two years ago, with promotion gained to division 2, followed by an Ulster Final appearance in July 08.

Fermanagh have had a good McKenna cup campaign. Although we were hammered by Tyrone at the semi final stage, we have been able to blood quite a few younger players. However, for this NFL campaign we are missing a number of key personnel. Barry Owens is a long term absentee, while Marty McGrath should return some time in March. Eamon Maguire is also missing and Mark Little hasn't been involved this year at all. Rory Gallagher is back, but he has club committments with St. Gall's, so it remains to be seen what involvement he has in the early stages of the league. As a result of the players we're missing, it'll be quite a young side that starts out in Tullamore this weekend.

I know the bookies have us as favourites to get promoted but Division 3 is a mine field. There really isn't any easy games. If we get off to a good start and build up some momentum then hopefully promotion will be achieveable.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

Agree with Fermgael about our chances.
We're going into this without Barry Owens, Marty McGrath, Mark Little, Ryan McCluskey, Eamon Maguire, Ronan and Rory Gallagher on St Gall's duty.
Still think we should be in hunt for promotion though the fixtures situation is a f**king joke once again.
The first game is huge and I'd also have Antrim as the dark horses here.
The last I heard on Matty Forde he'd be doing well to play any football all year with his back injury.

FermPundit

Quote from: FermGael on February 01, 2010, 09:46:57 PM
I have no idea why they regard Fermanagh as favourites.
We have 4 away game and 3 home games AGAIN FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW.
We are away to Antrim, Cavan, Wexford and first up Offaly.
If we have any chance of making the top 2 its vital we get a win in Offaly.
Cavan is a local derby and Antrim may well have the St Gall's contingent back when we play them.
Wexford have also beat us in the last 2 years and if Forde is fit, they will be in the mix.
Have a wee sneaky feeling about Antrim.  They could very well be like Tipperary last year and have successive promotions.

AZ a few of us thinking of making the trip down for Sunday.
Any advice on where to stay or go for a few pints would be much appreciated.

How many of you are heading down, FermGael? I'm disappointed I can't make the trip this weekend. Hopefully I might get down to the Wexford game later in the year

FermGael

3 at the moment.  you looking a lift??  Leaving from enniskillen saturday afternoon

FermPundit

Quote from: FermGael on February 01, 2010, 10:07:17 PM
3 at the moment.  you looking a lift??  Leaving from enniskillen saturday afternoon

No thanks. Unfortunately I can't go to the match this weekend. Hopefully I'll get it on a radio

FermGael

Quote from: FermPundit on February 01, 2010, 10:14:23 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 01, 2010, 10:07:17 PM

No thanks. Unfortunately I can't go to the match this weekend. Hopefully I'll get it on a radio

Well i would say that Q101 should be covering it as Tyrone are playing on Saturday night.
But that's no guarantee.  Some Tyrone junior club might have a tidily winks final and Paddy might have to head to that.