Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

How do they know the victims were Chinese?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

give her dixie

Quote from: Hereiam on October 25, 2019, 09:36:25 AM
It wouldn't be normal practice for a tractor unit to head off from Ireland to England without a load on behind... would it, surly to make these trips economically viable the unit needs to always be pulling a trailer loaded with something.

It is extremely rare that a lorry would travel out on a boat and drive that distance to wait a couple of days to collect a trailer.  The rates for haulage are bad enough and it makes no sense doing it
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 25, 2019, 10:45:24 AM

Early identification by authorities have said so

RedHand88

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 25, 2019, 10:45:24 AM

I thought this myself. What's to say they aren't French?

RedHand88

There was a taximan on the news saying he has picked up ones before with no English and they hand him a phone with someone on the line saying "take this person to X".

I wouldn't be telling people that story big lad, much less national TV.

J70

Would at least some of them not have some form of ID on their bodies? Cash. Mementos/food/other items from home?

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2019, 11:52:42 AM
There was a taximan on the news saying he has picked up ones before with no English and they hand him a phone with someone on the line saying "take this person to X".

In a place like London it would hardly be too out of the ordinary for a taxi driver to pick up someone who might need assistance with language.

Tony Baloney

Jack Straw was on the radio yesterday and he said the Chinese found suffocated in the early 2000s had labels removed from clothing, all ID and belongings removed so there were no identifying features. A detective noticed different coloured stitching on a dead man's belt and when they looked further there was ID sewn into the belt. There were also 2 survivors but not sure they offered too much for fear of reprisals back home.

LeoMc

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 25, 2019, 10:35:05 AM
The driver raised the alarm.
He signed for and was on CCTV collecting the trailer. He didnt have much choice.

brokencrossbar1

News said earlier that the nationality of the deceased is still not confirmed.  I would say that possibly they have Far Eastern physical appearance and there was assumptions made

Square Ball

Two further arrests. Think we need a thread on this
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

give her dixie

Quote from: Square Ball on October 25, 2019, 12:44:42 PM
Two further arrests. Think we need a thread on this

Had read about this couple yesterday.  They owned the lorry previously but say they sold it to someone in Monaghan a year ago

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2019, 11:54:55 AM

In a place like London it would hardly be too out of the ordinary for a taxi driver to pick up someone who might need assistance with language.

He also said it's a big drop off point for migrants, he was implying he knew what was going on.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2019, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2019, 11:54:55 AM

He also said it's a big drop off point for migrants, he was implying he knew what was going on.

He said, she said. Why do people feel the need to speculate over things that have no facts and is pure hear say at the minute. Let the authorities do their job first and hopefully those behind this is any way get everything and more that is coming to them.