GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by DoYerJob Linesman, November 03, 2008, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYerJob Linesman

In these dark days of financial meltdown, true gaels can be found, huddled in corners, swopping nuggets of info as they plot the downfall of the bookie.

With the club championships in full swing, a little local insight could prove invaluable to gaaboard punters as they strive to raise funds for heating oil, diesel and porter.

This thread should provide a forum for us to share such valuable nuggets, so as we can all hammer the bookie.

14:00  Nemo Rangers v Kerins O'Rahillys       
14:00  Eire Og v Colmcille       
14:00  Rhode v Portlaoise       
14:00  Navan O'Mahonys v Castledaly       
14:00  Castlerea v Corofin       
14:00  Ballaghadereen v Eastern Harps     
14:00  Kilmacud Crokes v Newtown Blues       
14:30  Crossmaglen v St Patricks   

Right lads, tell us what ye know.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

DoYerJob Linesman

Ye bollix, helpful and not misleading info only.   :D

stephenite

Of those games I'd be fairly confident of wins for the following

Ballaghadereen
Corofin
Kilmacud
Crossmaglen

cavan4ever

bennydorano

Cross @ 1/12 v St PAts Fermanagh seems ridiculous against another County Champion.  The general consensus seems to be in Armagh that Cross appear to be approaching the end of their amazing run.  I doubt the Fermanagh champs will be fit for them but Ballinderry, Eunans or Cavan Gaels could take them.

magpie seanie

Don't think Harps will take Ballaghaderreen but would possibly be interested if any bookie was offering points spreads. Harps should put it up to them.

The GAA

Quote from: cavan4ever on November 04, 2008, 09:14:43 AM
This thread is a good idea.

Aye, it's handy for the bookie to have all info that might potentially cost him in the one place....

Kentucky Blue

Good idea for a thread. Punters who are well up on their football will still not have a vast knowledge of games in other provinces which they may thorw into an accumulator on reputation or having the favourites tag.

Wee things like injuries, suspensions etc. which may sway their decision can all be useful.

I talked a few boys form down south out of backing Clonoe & St Gall's this weekend.  :)

If cross are 1/12, that may be a good price! Just the small matter of gathering up the 12k to throw on them!!!

ExiledGael

Fermanagh champs St Pat's have been badly hit by injuries and suspensions in the last month or two. Missing two midfielders a half-back and half forward from first team but still wouldn't touch Cross at that price. Obviously they're heavy favourites but that's unbackable.
Can't see St Pat's winning but Cross haven't been all that impressive but winning as usual, and Eamon Maguire has been in the form of his life this year for Donagh along with Shane McDermott. Pat Cadden is an excellent free-taker and good for a few from play always, could be tight enough as most of the Ulster club games are.
Handicap betting may be the way to go.

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: ExiledGael on November 04, 2008, 05:40:03 PM
Fermanagh champs St Pat's have been badly hit by injuries and suspensions in the last month or two. Missing two midfielders a half-back and half forward from first team but still wouldn't touch Cross at that price. Obviously they're heavy favourites but that's unbackable.
Can't see St Pat's winning but Cross haven't been all that impressive but winning as usual, and Eamon Maguire has been in the form of his life this year for Donagh along with Shane McDermott. Pat Cadden is an excellent free-taker and good for a few from play always, could be tight enough as most of the Ulster club games are.
Handicap betting may be the way to go.

This is exactly the type of post we need. Informative, local, specific details regarding a teams chances.  Well played ExiledGael.

Any Rhode / Offaly posters out there?

DoYerJob Linesman

Portlaois and Ballaghdereen interest me this weekend.  Anyone in the know with regards to these games?

milltown row

Quote from: bennydorano on November 04, 2008, 09:45:47 AM
Cross @ 1/12 v St PAts Fermanagh seems ridiculous against another County Champion.  The general consensus seems to be in Armagh that Cross appear to be approaching the end of their amazing run.  I doubt the Fermanagh champs will be fit for them but Ballinderry, Eunans or Cavan Gaels could take them.

benny, i doubt it very much. Cross will still be in the final, (sorry DYJL) they have a great team and a great bench to call upon. i was thinking last year that we would beat them and they had another gear to our top gear. they have won a few Armagh minor championships in the past and were beaten in this years final. the Kearnans are good footballers along with McNamee and McKeown and the rest. will be tight v Ballinderry but they will beat the other team handy in the final

DoYerJob Linesman

Milltown, we wont meet them until the final if we can beat Cavan Gaels.

milltown row

your right do-your-job-linesman, forgot. hope the game is at Casement should be a cracker. well better than the 5 --3 Derry Armagh affair a few years ago. lost a few quid on that day ???