GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by DoYerJob Linesman, November 03, 2008, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYerJob Linesman

Rumour in Ballinderry is that our semi is in Armagh.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Our Nail Loney

As posted in the odds thread:

14:00      Ballaghaderreen (2/7)      Draw (17/2)      Eastern Harps (10/3)
   14:00      Castlerea (7/2)      Draw (9)      Corofin (4/11)   
   14:00      Eire Og (4/6)      Draw (15/2)      Colmcille (15/8)   
   14:00      Kilmacud Crokes (2/17)      Draw (14)      Newtown Blues (7)   
   14:00      Navan OMahonys (2/7)      Draw (9)      Castledaly (4)
   14:00      Nemo Rangers (8/13)      Draw (15/2)      Kerins ORahillys (15/8)   
   14:00      Rhode (15/8)      Draw (15/2)      Portlaoise (8/13)   
   14:30      Crossmaglen (1/12)      Draw (12)      St Patricks (15/2)   
   14:30      Eastern Harps (10/3)      Draw (Cool      Ballaghadereen (4/11)   

Handicaps:
Nemo Rangers -2.0    6 - 5 Handicap Draw (2.0)    7 - 1  Kerins O'Rahillys +2.0    5 - 6

Eire Og -2.0    evens Handicap Draw (2.0) 13 - 2  Colmcille +2.0    evens

Rhode +2.0    evens Handicap Draw (2.0)    13 - 2   Portlaoise -2.0    evens

Navan O'Mahonys -3.0    5 - 6 Handicap Draw (3.0)    13 - 2   Castledaly +3.0    6 - 5

Castlerea +3.0    10 - 11 Handicap Draw (3.0)    7 - 1 Corofin -3.0    11 - 10

Kilmacud Crokes -7.0    10 - 11 Handicap Draw (7.0)    7 - 1 Newtown Blues +7.0    evens

Crossmaglen Rangers -6.0    10 - 11 Handicap Draw (6.0)    7 - 1 St Patricks +6.0    evens

Eastern Harps +3.0    evens Handicap Draw (3.0)    13 - 2   Ballaghadereen -3.0    evens

Right info needed!!

Our Nail Loney

I think plus six could be a good bet... Saying that I thought the clasn plus points would be good as I though Pearse Ogs plus points was a good'un!!

Louth Exile

Quote from: AFS on November 07, 2008, 08:27:04 PM
Newtown Blues shouldn't lose by 7 points I'd reckon.

Words of caution here:
- Away to a Dublin club who will have the composure and experience for this challenge
- Louth clubs (including Blues) have an horrendous track record in Leinster (with the one exception being Mattock at the start of the decade)
- Most crucially, they are missing Ian Mc Manus, Jimmy Murray and Colin Judge. The last two being county men, Judge is arguably the best corner forward in Louth and UCD at the moment! Murray didn't start the county final and came on to make an impact, so maybe he might be fit to do the same again, I don't know what his actual injury is

The blues have won the Louth SFC enough times that they decided that it wasn't their ultimate goal this year! They wanted to have a genuine cut at Leinster, I unfortunately feel that, away to the Dublin champions with a depleted side makes the hill far too steep and that the handicap might be about right.

The crokes have played a lot of competitive football already this month, often in tough conditions. My hope is that this have taken alot out of them and that they may fade.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Our Nail Loney

Nemo a sure thing today lads? What time is it?

What match on tg4?

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on November 03, 2008, 10:40:38 PM
In these dark days of financial meltdown, true gaels can be found, huddled in corners, swopping nuggets of info as they plot the downfall of the bookie.

With the club championships in full swing, a little local insight could prove invaluable to gaaboard punters as they strive to raise funds for heating oil, diesel and porter.

This thread should provide a forum for us to share such valuable nuggets, so as we can all hammer the bookie.

Right lads, tell us what ye know.

Resurrecting this thread as the club championships are active all over the country.  Come on boys, lets help each other.

I'll start.  Coleraine should be taken to beat Lavey in the Derry Championship this Wednesday.  Played them off the pitch in the drawn game on Saturday but drew 0-14 to 3-5, Lavey scoring gaols against the run of play.

Lavey have lost a decent player to suspension, and Colerane should be even money on Paddy Power although no prices are up yet.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

macdanger2

Coleraine are 8/11 on PP.

Worth a punt?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 12, 2009, 12:01:15 AM
Coleraine are 8/11 on PP.

Worth a punt?

Terrible odds but I think Coleraine will win but not much value in that bet.

macdanger2

If they're going to win, it's great odds!!! ;)

DennistheMenace

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 12, 2009, 12:34:16 AM
If they're going to win, it's great odds!!! ;)

They should win but their chances aren't reflective of the odds given by PP.

macdanger2

What odds would you expect in a two horse race?

Who won that game anyway?

Bogball XV

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 12, 2009, 11:23:06 PM
What odds would you expect in a two horse race?

Who won that game anyway?
coleraine - after extra time!!

boojangles

Cavan Gaels will not be stopped in Cavan.Johnston is away for a few weeks but will be back by the Final I believe. they have serious back-up to replace him anyway. Castlerahan may come closest.
Do Paddy Power take local bets all over the country? Like could I bet on the Derry championship in Cavan or online?

haranguerer

From what I've seen you can bet on individual championship games online, and so I'd be pretty sure you could also bet in the shop in cavan on the derry ch'ship.

I was looking to bet on outright county champions, but from what I can see only individual games are available. Anyone know where I can get odds on the outright winners?

full back

Ladbrokes have betting for outright winners in a few counties