McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 02, 2009, 08:50:28 AM
Did i hear correctly on the radio this morning that Frank has another year to go with the option of a further year after that?

Surely the opportunity to get rid of him was now and has passed by!!

It's in the Examiner this morning that he's going next year.

Some would have had you believe that Frank was going to be carried out of Pairc Ui Chaoimh in a box. Who will the lads blame after that ?.

the Deel Rover

:o :o :o can't believe this thread is still on the go, is the Ai Hurling Final on this week  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Reillers

Ya got a text late last night about what happened.

I wont believe it till it happens. But I think it's clear to some that there's change comming. That the momentum of power building up behind the clubs is gaining huge ground and their striking ground is the convention that'll come up soon enough.

And while the start of the message seemed full of optimism, I went on to finish reading that a proposal was put forward deliberately being the last item on the order of business, with no prior notice to the clubs or anybody else for that matter, it was a proposal to defer the vote until delegates had a chance to discuss it with their clubs was defeated by 77 to 9 votes.
Club delegates (not all in fairness) showing their true colours again, and Frank "accepted" the additional year. What a gracious man he is..
But there was no prior information, no written details were handed out it was a case of Lads, Frank's staying for another year. And another if it's acceptable to all. There was nothing on the agenda..oh wait we don't even have one of those, it's just one giant big  version of "Any other business."

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

"This is Cork democracy." 

And another sad day it is. 

The entire ccb should go,they have all been spawned from the same source. And unless something is changed right now, it wont make any difference whatsoever if Frank goes. He will, more than likely, be replaced by someone from the same pool of people that have given him such 'loyal' support on the CCB executive. A different person but the same regeme will continue

They, I presume are hoping that this will be a distraction from the clubs before the convention, but we can't be strayed, we can't loose focus.
We need to it all here and now or we'll be stuck under some other clown the minute Frank's out the door.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on September 02, 2009, 03:59:57 PM

I wont believe it till it happens. But I think it's clear to some that there's change comming. That the momentum of power building up behind the clubs is gaining huge ground and their striking ground is the convention that'll come up soon enough.

And while the start of the message seemed full of optimism, I went on to finish reading that a proposal was put forward deliberately being the last item on the order of business, with no prior notice to the clubs or anybody else for that matter, it was a proposal to defer the vote until delegates had a chance to discuss it with their clubs was defeated by 77 to 9 votes.
Club delegates (not all in fairness) showing their true colours again, and Frank "accepted" the additional year. What a gracious man he is..
But there was no prior information, no written details were handed out it was a case of Lads, Frank's staying for another year. And another if it's acceptable to all. There was nothing on the agenda..oh wait we don't even have one of those, it's just one giant big  version of "Any other business."

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

The entire ccb should go,they have all been spawned from the same source. And unless something is changed right now, it wont make any difference whatsoever if Frank goes. He will, more than likely, be replaced by someone from the same pool of people that have given him such 'loyal' support on the CCB executive. A different person but the same regeme will continue

They, I presume are hoping that this will be a distraction from the clubs before the convention, but we can't be strayed, we can't loose focus.
We need to it all here and now or we'll be stuck under some other clown the minute Frank's out the door.

That boy O'Sullivan is worth a watching too.

heffo

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

You should get your place to nominate you Reillers - I'll have a word with Bobby if you like?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on September 02, 2009, 07:22:39 PM

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

You should get your place to nominate you Reillers - I'll have a word with Bobby if you like?

Boy you don't know me, you don't know him. Give it up it's beyond irritating.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on September 02, 2009, 09:23:47 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 02, 2009, 07:22:39 PM

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Boy you don't know me, you don't know him. Give it up it's beyond irritating.

We both know that's not true and only for you stood me up in the bar in Bishopstown GAA club at Easter when you went abroad for a break , I could've posted a picture of me, you & Bobby together.

dowling

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 02, 2009, 11:33:35 AM
:o :o :o can't believe this thread is still on the go, is the Ai Hurling Final on this week  ;)

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 02, 2009, 12:16:24 PM
OMFG, is this still going?? End it please Cork are out, they weren't good enough and won't catch up with the Cats for a long time regardless of who win in charge of the power struggle in the uinrivaled county of Cork

I don't mean to sound condescending but why didn't both of you come on this thread months ago and make a contribution to the debate instead of calling for an end to it now.
Perhaps one of the reasons why it hasn't faded away is because some see the 'Cork situation' as something which could become a 'GAA situation'. If Reillers is to get acknowledged for anything it's for his steadfastness in defending the indefensible and his refusal to recognise that everything he was lead to believe by the strikers was true wasn't. Others such as GAA, Passedit and Zulu, I would imagine, have recognised all was not the black and white picture that was painted for them and have thus ceased to defend the strike and the individuals behind it even if they haven't acknowledged they were lead on. Some of us said quite some time ago that the 'strike issue' would have repercussions for some time to come and Reillers recent posts are testament to that.
So why don't you both give us your views on how things are now.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on September 02, 2009, 12:06:02 AM
Had another read at the report there. Some of it is grand and practical and other parts a little niave. But while the authors claim not to be seeking to usurp the CB that, in effect is what it's trying to do, even if there's the best of intentions. The forum is trying to tell the CB what to do but not be burdened with workload, responsibility or accountability. The CB would become puppets. As for the practical ideas and why they haven't already been implemented, especially if similar are already proving successful in other counties, I don't know. The CB might be able to give rational explanations however. And remember not all counties are doing the practical things this report recommends and they maybe have different reasons as to why not. It's all to easy to simplify lack of progress in areas in Cork as being the fault of one man, that desparado known as Frank Murphy. But it's not really rational.
But tell me this Reillers, and I'd like you to tell me the CB's stance, not your take on it. Why does the CB want to pick selectors? What do they feel they're achieving by this?

First off this is long, I know you're going to complain and whine about it, and probably wont read it, apparently you're not crazy about reading things with a lot of content in it like the club report, but I'm sure, like that, you'll have a flick through it.

How can you criticize it. I don't understand you, why is it you find fault with everyone but the CB? Why wont you criticise them when it's clearly deserved.

These lads on the forum are real GAA men, they are real honest GAA men, with no agenda.
The clubs met, without the players and without any presence of the CCB and they all formed this forum. They then came up with this report which clearly if you bothererd reading it, you'ld know took a lot of time and effort from a lot of people.

I mean the normal reaction would be of shock, I mean, if I was involved on that board, I'd be nothing short of mortified. Wouldn't you..

"The forum is trying to tell the CB what to do but not be burdened with workload, responsibility or accountability. The CB would become puppets. "

Clearly from this point you don't understand what this report is all about. I mean you miss the point so much that you're not even on the same planet as it.

Your response, I mean all of it. clearly highlights that you miss the whole point of the report, either on purpose or not, but you miss it and whole point of the strike, and the reason why everyone is so annoyed at the appointments.

I mean of course the CB will be able to give rational explanations, they wont be right, they'll be ridiculous but they'll be in the limit of the law.
But the point is they could do much better but don't and don't bother trying.
I don't care what other counties are doing, not all counties act the way this CCB does, not all counties has a CB sec that all but threatens clubs if they think about standing up against them. In most counties there's a thing called democracy.

And all of this isn't just about lack of progress, it's about so much more and I find it really hard to see how you just don't get that. Open your eyes.

All this isn't because there hasn't been much progress, and if you actually think that ALL of this has been about that then, well I genuinely don't know what to say to you. It's about so much more and I can't understand how you don't get that.
None of this is rational, but you're trying to make out like  it is, and that there's an explanation for everything. If you look back at every problem this county has had, say in the past 7 odd years, he'll be at the root of evertything.

It's his call. He's the reason that Donal O Grady/Allen/Justin McCarthy..etc will never get a job while they're still there. He's behind every strike, the players reacted, and you may not agree with the way they did, and you may think they had no business doing so, but it was a reaction to an action that was totally out of line, unfair and a slap in the face to the IC hurlers/footballers/clubs.
He's the reason why there's a need for a club forum, he's the one who all the hate, all the venting, the shouting the pure hate was directed at when the clubs met with the players and on their own.
He's behind the fact that clubs aren't represented at CB levels.
He's the reason why they pushed JBM away from the U21 job. And that is just a taster of what he's done. None of which I want to go into again, but he's behind that. One name will be the common denominator and it'll be his name.

And everyone on that board falls in line and follows him.Whatever he does, whatever he says, is written in stone.

Then you ask why do they want to pick the selectors, and what they'll achieve from it..
It's clearly about power. These lads, are the CB's lads, they're Frank's boys, they're in the club. They'd rather get them sorted with a job, nice and happy, then have an excellent manager like JBM in there, giving us a genuine chance at winning at underage. Surely that should say enough..

You're trying to rationalise everything the CB do, but that's the point of it all, nothing they do is rational, they do what they want, when they want, and it's all on one mans say so.
All you are doing is looking for an excuse after excuse after excuse, and the list is building up more and more.

But you refuse to criticise, you refuse to condem, instead you still try and convince yourself that this was some excuse made up by the strikers, something that doesn't matter that much, something that is just used as an excuse.
Despite the facts, despite the evidence, you are still convinced that this is nothing but a bunch of hurlers looking out for themselves.
And because of your biased views on it, you refuse to aknowledge what's right in front of you.
You refuse to even say a bad word against Frank Murphy. I mean everything you say about this, the questions you ask, the statements you make, they're so naive, so much so that I have to believe that they are you just trying to still attack the strikers and refuse to speak out about the board, because if you did that would be you recognising that the hurlers could have been in some way right, and you'd never do that, so instead you make yourself look naive and stupid instead of answering and acknowledging the obvious things that are right in front of your eyes.

Any average GAA person wouldn't try and criticize the people who wrote this report, any normal person without an agenda would be horrified of the content, would be astounded at the fact that it was needed to be wrote and the fact that the forum needed to be formed in the first place.
Any normal unbiased person would not try to rationalise the CB's obvious failing and lack of democracy, and they would question it. Not you though.
Any normal person would be disgusted at the fact that they manipulated the room, throwing the, Frank's staying on unless anyones got  problem with that, at the delegates with no warning what so ever.
Any person without an agenda, any half decent GAA person would be annoyed at the fact that JBM was intentionally pushed away from the job, and the same old people, who've failed on many occasions as coaches and selectors, have been put in place, because of who they are and not because of what they've done to earn the job.
Any other person would be disgusted at the fact that some of them after being so heavily involved in the strike got such high profile jobs.
I mean, you find excuses for everything, an excuse for why all those clubs backed the players 100%. There has to be an excuse or a reason for everything that the clubs do. Even if it's bad, even if it's inexcusable.
Because you will never criticize the board, because then, in your eyes the players would have won. You're still so caught up about the players, you don't realise that what happened with them is barely a blip, you fail to realise what this has been about all the time, and what's it about now. It was never really about them, or even Gerald, it was always about the CCB, it still is about the CCB, and that has never changed, not when the first statement was made, not when the players did their press conference or not when the clubs met with the players. This is and has always been about the CCB, and you're total bias feelings have left you totally and completley blind to that.

I know full well what your response will be, I know that you'll pick a line or so and start spewing some crap about it back to me and twisting what I say, while ignoring the rest of it, the most important part. It's obvious before it even starts coming.
You'll refuse to recognise any failings of the CB, you'll try and rationalise it, you'll try and talk it down, and depending on your mood you could well result to insults, and drag up points from months ago or posts from 40/50 pages ago, now which are completley outdated and out of context, you'll also probably go off topic and try to turn insults or the problem back around on me, or you'll criticize what I wrote, not so much because of the context, but maybe because of a wrong spelling or a mistake I'd made, and whatever your response it wont be a full answer, *where my words aren't twisted,) to my post and all of what I've wrote will have been a waste of time completley.

theskull1

feck me. all that accusing someone of being blatantly biased from someone who IS blatantly blinkered,biased and lives in a monochrome world.

And you expect to be listened to.

Tell me this...who will make the most from all this striking business down in Cork? Donal Og or FM?

Wouldn't have made a great page turner If they'd have decided indivivually  to walk away in silence as they should have done, but it would have made a point on principle. But principles dont keep endorsement opertunities coming or book deals rolling. But no ....you want us to believe striking was the only and the right option........yeah right.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the Deel Rover

Quote from: dowling on September 03, 2009, 12:53:20 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 02, 2009, 11:33:35 AM

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 02, 2009, 12:16:24 PM
OMFG, is this still going?? End it please Cork are out, they weren't good enough and won't catch up with the Cats for a long time regardless of who win in charge of the power struggle in the uinrivaled county of Cork

I don't mean to sound condescending but why didn't both of you come on this thread months ago and make a contribution to the debate instead of calling for an end to it now.
Perhaps one of the reasons why it hasn't faded away is because some see the 'Cork situation' as something which could become a 'GAA situation'. If Reillers is to get acknowledged for anything it's for his steadfastness in defending the indefensible and his refusal to recognise that everything he was lead to believe by the strikers was true wasn't. Others such as GAA, Passedit and Zulu, I would imagine, have recognised all was not the black and white picture that was painted for them and have thus ceased to defend the strike and the individuals behind it even if they haven't acknowledged they were lead on. Some of us said quite some time ago that the 'strike issue' would have repercussions for some time to come and Reillers recent posts are testament to that.
So why don't you both give us your views on how things are now.

i did make comments on the thread about 200 pages back, ffs we all know mc carthy doesn't have the support of the players he is gone for about 4 months now isn't he  ::) 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Zulu

QuoteOthers such as GAA, Passedit and Zulu, I would imagine, have recognised all was not the black and white picture that was painted for them and have thus ceased to defend the strike and the individuals behind it even if they haven't acknowledged they were lead on.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Not really, we just have more important things to be doing than arguing the same points over and over and over and over and over again. You obviously haven't, which is far more worrying than anything the strike could ever lead to for the GAA. My advice to you is to pull your bedroom curtains, put away your voodoo doll of Donal Og and clean up the effigies you've burnt of the Cork hurlers, there's a big world out there and it has much to offer.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zulu on September 03, 2009, 10:21:26 AM

QuoteOthers such as GAA, Passedit and Zulu, I would imagine, have recognised all was not the black and white picture that was painted for them and have thus ceased to defend the strike and the individuals behind it even if they haven't acknowledged they were lead on.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Not really, we just have more important things to be doing than arguing the same points over and over and over and over and over again. You obviously haven't, which is far more worrying than anything the strike could ever lead to for the GAA. My advice to you is to pull your bedroom curtains, put away your voodoo doll of Donal Og and clean up the effigies you've burnt of the Cork hurlers, there's a big world out there and it has much to offer.

nail on the head there zulu the debate just goes on and on and on over the same points . i'd say the majority of dowlings posts are on this one thread. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Zulu

Not the majority DR, all of them are and he even resorted to childish name calling and innuendo to try and lure the pro-player posters out. Every topic has a natural lifespan and everyone interested in this issue made their points (repeatedly), it's over now and Cork GAA is moving on. If dowling or anyone else wants to continue to post on this issue they are welcome to and if they want to claim 'victory' they can do that too but the rest of us have other interests and having made my points I don't feel the need to do so anymore. Suffice to say I believe in what I said now as much as I ever did, some agree with me others don't but going back over it long after the issue itself finished is worryingly pathetic.