McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 03:05:19 PM
Or it could be complete made up bullshit. Either way ye've no proof and he i'm not mistaken talking about players personal finances is against rules, is it not?

Why would two different journalists who have been virtually PRO's for the strikers write a story with the same facts with quotes direct from players with the exact same details?

Why haven't the players sued for libel?

I don't believe discussing players 'personal finances' is against the rules anymore than you referring to your clubmate (and my personal friend) as 'Sideshow Bob'

The GAA

Quote from: deiseach on March 12, 2009, 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 03:22:02 PM
in case you're not pretending - The principle is the same on the general point. should damien duff's school boy coach and team mates get a cut from his current endorsement money?

I think a more appropriate analogy would be if Damien Duff took to the field wearing an RBS logo across his midriff. Do you think Newcastle United would be happy with this?

Would the same thing apply if Duff had a deal with RBS and then Newcastle signed him?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 03:54:23 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 03:05:19 PM
Or it could be complete made up bullshit. Either way ye've no proof and he i'm not mistaken talking about players personal finances is against rules, is it not?

Why would two different journalists who have been virtually PRO's for the strikers write a story with the same facts with quotes direct from players with the exact same details?

Why haven't the players sued for libel?

I don't believe discussing players 'personal finances' is against the rules anymore than you referring to your clubmate (and my personal friend) as 'Sideshow Bob'

Maybe they are looking to write biographies. Who knows.

I never said he was a clubmate and oh ya I forgot you "contacted" him.
And by the by, I never called him Sideshow Bob, I said that that's what people called him.

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 03:52:16 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 03:35:24 PM
I will not engage in discussion about professional sportmens or actors earnings been filtered down to whoever.

Do you not understand the ethos of the GAA? A completely different scale of things.

Let me get this stright. If Alan Brogan gets approached by a clothing company to endorse their new line of hats. say he receives E20k for the run of ads, etc.

Are you saying that His club, in whtever form, should receive a percentage?

No thats nowhere near what I am saying and you know it.

If Jim Joe Jimmyjoe is playing for Monaghan and Monaghan are using Ford as official team transport who supply all Monaghan teams with free transport and pay €150k towards this is addition to the free fleet at their use.
Jim Joe Jimmyjoe is approached by Volkswagon and asked if he drives in their car and won;t use the free ford fleet or be seen in it, they will give him use of the VW car and say €2k and his teammates will get the same deal.

Ford aren't happy as the main public imagine of the county aren't using their product and they are therefore not getting value for money in terms of their marketing deal. They pull the deal and Monaghan have to pay for their own transport and they don;t have surplus funds to use wherever they need to.

The players have therefore taken funds that have resulted in the county suffering.

If Monaghan have no deal with Ford, then Jimmyjoe is well entitled to get his VW and more power to him.

Is that simple enough? Replace Monaghan, Ford and VW with Cork, Powerade and Club energise and you;ll get the picture.

I know in Monaghan if you want a Monaghan player to make an appearance at your product launch, event etc, they will ask (if offered0 for a donation towards their training fund at your descretion. The Banty would be the same.

Reillers

Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 02:29:13 PM
I don't know heffo. Why don't I just respond by criticising your post, the way it's phrased, you, mis quote you, freely paraphrase you inaccuratly, insult you and call you a disgrace and a joke. All of the above while ignoring what the post says and start rambling on about something completly different and irrelevant. Would you like that because thats what you and the other anti player posters on here do to me all the time. Now would you like that or an answer. I've no problem giving you an answer once you respond to this first. 

Are you going to respond to this at all Heffo or are you going to ignore it?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
I don't know heffo. Why don't i just respond by criticising your post, the way it's phrased, you, mis quote you, freely paraphrase you inaccuratly, insult you and call you a disgrace and a joke. All of the above while ignoring what the post says and start ranking on about something off topic. Would you like that because thats what you and the other anti player posters on here do to me all the time. Now would you like that or an answer. I've no problem giving you an answer once you respond to this first. 

I'm trying my best to make sense of your gibberish - can you help me translate it?

The finest codebreakers in the CIA can't make it here until 4pm.

johnneycool

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 03:56:47 PM
in case you're not pretending - The principle is the same on the general point. should damien duff's school boy coach and team mates get a cut from his current endorsement money?

I think a more appropriate analogy would be if Damien Duff took to the field wearing an RBS logo across his midriff. Do you think Newcastle United would be happy with this?

Would the same thing apply if Duff had a deal with RBS and then Newcastle signed him?

Dave Beckham struck a deal with Adidas, however every time he was involved with either Man UTD or England, he had to wear thier  sponsors livery, i'd expect the GPA lads to do the same.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 04:10:46 PM
I don't know heffo. Why don't i just respond by criticising your post, the way it's phrased, you, mis quote you, freely paraphrase you inaccuratly, insult you and call you a disgrace and a joke. All of the above while ignoring what the post says and start ranking on about something off topic. Would you like that because thats what you and the other anti player posters on here do to me all the time. Now would you like that or an answer. I've no problem giving you an answer once you respond to this first. 

I'm trying my best to make sense of your gibberish - can you help me translate it?

There you go again, doing what I just said ye do in the post above.

What apparently can't you understand?

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 04:06:06 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 03:52:16 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 03:35:24 PM
I will not engage in discussion about professional sportmens or actors earnings been filtered down to whoever.

Do you not understand the ethos of the GAA? A completely different scale of things.

Let me get this stright. If Alan Brogan gets approached by a clothing company to endorse their new line of hats. say he receives E20k for the run of ads, etc.

Are you saying that His club, in whtever form, should receive a percentage?

No thats nowhere near what I am saying and you know it.

If Jim Joe Jimmyjoe is playing for Monaghan and Monaghan are using Ford as official team transport who supply all Monaghan teams with free transport and pay €150k towards this is addition to the free fleet at their use.
Jim Joe Jimmyjoe is approached by Volkswagon and asked if he drives in their car and won;t use the free ford fleet or be seen in it, they will give him use of the VW car and say €2k and his teammates will get the same deal.

Ford aren't happy as the main public imagine of the county aren't using their product and they are therefore not getting value for money in terms of their marketing deal. They pull the deal and Monaghan have to pay for their own transport and they don;t have surplus funds to use wherever they need to.

The players have therefore taken funds that have resulted in the county suffering.

If Monaghan have no deal with Ford, then Jimmyjoe is well entitled to get his VW and more power to him.

Is that simple enough? Replace Monaghan, Ford and VW with Cork, Powerade and Club energise and you;ll get the picture.

I know in Monaghan if you want a Monaghan player to make an appearance at your product launch, event etc, they will ask (if offered0 for a donation towards their training fund at your descretion. The Banty would be the same.

Andwhat if, as was the case in cork, the monaghan players had their deal in place and the county board decided that was a good idea and signed up to a conflicting deal, which would mean forcing the players to use a ford - breaking their pre existing agreement?

The GAA

Quote from: johnneycool on March 12, 2009, 04:12:02 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 03:56:47 PM

Dave Beckham struck a deal with Adidas, however every time he was involved with either Man UTD or England, he had to wear thier  sponsors livery, i'd expect the GPA lads to do the same.

Built into the respective contracts

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

What your point is/what it is you want me to answer?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 04:24:44 PM

It simple would you like me to respond to the posts the way all of ye resond to mine, listed above, or give you an answer to the post? Which one?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 04:27:39 PM

It simple would you like me to respond to the posts the way all of ye resond to mine, listed above, or give you an answer to the post? Which one?

I've gone beyond caring what you do. You're a joke.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 04:27:39 PM

I've gone beyond caring what you do. You're a joke.
You asked me for a reply and I will give you one once you reply to mine, but surprise surprise you continue to ignore what I say and consistantly insult me.
Says a lot about you.

deiseach

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 04:16:11 PM
Andwhat if, as was the case in cork, the monaghan players had their deal in place and the county board decided that was a good idea and signed up to a conflicting deal, which would mean forcing the players to use a ford - breaking their pre existing agreement?

When the players are playing for Monaghan, they do as the Monaghan County Board requires them to do. No need to break contracts, what they do in their own time as private citizens is their own business.