McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 01:41:23 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:38:03 PM
"mini" battle ??

Dismissive indeed - making light of a very significant issue  - not altogether surprised. Good tactic.

Battle the.

symantics. ye gotta love them.

if the players are on the wrong side of even one of the mini battles they've had with the ccb then its justification for the ongoing malpractice?

Would you mind answering my specific question?

You're going to turn into Reillers mark II if you keep copying & pasting stock responses..

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 01:40:25 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:36:20 PM
Well if you did us a favour and tell us whether the deal with Coca Cola fell through and why , we could maybe advance this a little ? Then tell us if Mc Carthy is telling lies when he claims that € 450k of money was lost as a result of the players' side deals ?. You made light of a death threat to him yesterday bu saying that the asshole who threatened the Mc Cathy household hadn't used a "recognised" codeword and therefore there was nothing to worry about. I'd expect you to be equally dismissive of this claim, as is your style with any subject you're not comfortable with. This no doubt is one of them.

How could i be in a position to tell you if a hypothetical ccb sponsorship deal fell through or why. They probably pulled out because of the association with Frank Murphy.

If anyone would like to discuss the issues surroundig this dispute i'm all ears but az seems to be the only man who is in recent hours.

don't talk about the real issues in case you don't like the conclusions, hey?

There is nothing "mini" about the €450k deal if its true.

Also the real issues have been talked about over and over again, and all the conclusions so far have mainly pointed towards the players being in the wrong.

orangeman

€ 450k is a right bit of money and could not nor should not be made light of.

Some of the 2008 panel will have their SEVENTH manager in this decade.

SEVENTH.

Reillers

Nail on the head gaa. will they admit it no not a chance. They are all too fast to accuse me you and everyone else of being clowns, comedians, liars arrogant and such for our views. They have no respect for us, the clubs, the fans, the players, even the journalists have alteriar motives. Ye preach about the players lack of respect for a 5 time winning ai hurler but ye have no problem thrashing 3 time winners. Ye accuse us of changing goalposts when ye do it all day. We respect ger but ye, ye hate them. 

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on March 12, 2009, 02:14:10 PM
Nail on the head gaa. will they admit it no not a chance. They are all too fast to accuse me you and everyone else of being clowns, comedians, liars arrogant and such for our views. They have no respect for us, the clubs, the fans, the players, even the journalists have alteriar motives. Ye preach about the players lack of respect for a 5 time winning ai hurler but ye have no problem thrashing 3 time winners. Ye accuse us of changing goalposts when ye do it all day. We respect ger but ye, ye hate them. 

One was bad but now the two of them will be ignoring specific questions and talking about the pride of cork. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT CORK. Its clear to the rest of the posters on this thread bar 3 maybe 4 at most that there are bigger issues here but you just won't address any questions we ask.

heffo

You've been saying the same thing for 350 pages - at the very least post something specific - I've posted two articles from journalists who cannot be described as anything other than highly sympathetic to the GPA ringleaders - both articles confirm the players trousering significant sums of money

Your comments please Reillers & GAA?

The GAA

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 12, 2009, 01:42:33 PM
Jesus, are you completely thick or what?

Look, I said that I was told by a senior clubman from Cork whose son had played on a county team that the real trouble was over sponsorship and that one player got 40,000 euro and the panel got 160,000 between them in direct payments, none of which went to the county board.  I have posted a seperate thgread on sponsorship. 
When I posted the comments the senior clubman told me, you said it was horseshit or the greatest load of horseshit etc.  In other words in doing so you are refuting what the clubman told me and in doing so alleging he is a liar.  Get it?  Probably not.   I also said, before you ask, that I would not be naming the clubman as I didn't want the Klu-Klork-Klan out searching for car tyres.

I'm asking you to put up the quote where i said that

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 01:46:21 PM
"mini" battle ??

Dismissive indeed - making light of a very significant issue  - not altogether surprised. Good tactic.

Battle the.

if the players are on the wrong side of even one of the mini battles they've had with the ccb then its justification for the ongoing malpractice?

You're going to turn into Reillers mark II if you keep copying & pasting stock responses..

What question? I hope it is it something to do with the dispute in cork?

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 12, 2009, 01:42:33 PM
Jesus, are you completely thick or what?

Look, I said that I was told by a senior clubman from Cork whose son had played on a county team that the real trouble was over sponsorship and that one player got 40,000 euro and the panel got 160,000 between them in direct payments, none of which went to the county board.  I have posted a seperate thgread on sponsorship. 
When I posted the comments the senior clubman told me, you said it was horseshit or the greatest load of horseshit etc.  In other words in doing so you are refuting what the clubman told me and in doing so alleging he is a liar.  Get it?  Probably not.   I also said, before you ask, that I would not be naming the clubman as I didn't want the Klu-Klork-Klan out searching for car tyres.

I'm asking you to put up the quote where i said that

Would you mind responding to my detailed response to your 'fairy stories' comment?

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 02:22:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 01:46:21 PM
"mini" battle ??

Battle the.

What question? I hope it is it something to do with the dispute in cork?

From page 369:

Unofficial on-off strikers spokesman Kieran Shannon described the 'fairy stories' as follows:

http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2007/nov/18/cork-board-struggle-to-let-past-go/

"The players would only be seen with Club Energise. It was that much of a principle to the lads, to the group, " says one player. "If a Powerade or Coca-Cola bottle was slipped onto the field, even if it was in the middle of an All Ireland final, the lads said we'd be right down the tunnel." It didn't come to that, but Coca-Cola have severed all dealings with the board and are now considering legal action for the lack of value their sponsorship received during the year."

-------------

I'd love to hear a comment on this topic from you GAA - if you're finished wiping the egg from your face, would you at the very least edit your description of the issue as 'fairy stories'?

-------------

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2008/10/23/story75467.asp

Michael Moynihan from the Examiner who has been on the receiving end of many's an exclusive the on-off strikers reported the matter as such:

"before the Dublin-Cork qualifier game. Eagle-eyed observers at that match in Pairc Ui Chaoimh might have noticed some frantic activity near one goal before the teams emerged, when a crate of Powerade was thrown up onto the City End terrace.

The background? Lost in the controversy of last year's strike was news that the county board's lucrative deal with Coca-Cola had fallen through. Coca-Cola manufacture Powerade but the Cork senior hurlers resisted its introduction, backing the Gaelic Players Assocation-endorsed Club Energise instead."

------------

Fairy stories indeed..

The GAA

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 12, 2009, 01:51:16 PM
There is nothing "mini" about the €450k deal if its true.

Also the real issues have been talked about over and over again, and all the conclusions so far have mainly pointed towards the players being in the wrong.

one dispute out of hundreds is minor or mini in te grand scheme of the whole dispute.

The real issues have been talked about occasionally - the major and deliberate mismanagement of county board duties by the county executive - and the players have quite clearly been show to be entirely in the right

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 02:19:11 PM

One was bad but now the two of them will be ignoring specific questions and talking about the pride of cork. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT CORK. Its clear to the rest of the posters on this thread bar 3 maybe 4 at most that there are bigger issues here but you just won't address any questions we ask.

start a thread about what you do care about so an stop hijacking this one

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 02:19:24 PM

You've been saying the same thing for 350 pages - at the very least post something specific - I've posted two articles from journalists who cannot be described as anything other than highly sympathetic to the GPA ringleaders - both articles confirm the players trousering significant sums of money

Your comments please Reillers & GAA?

Players earn money from endorements on the back of the excellence they have achieved and the regard they are held in and worked hard for?
i'm all for that.

i presume you resent it?

orangeman

Dismiss it  - rubbish it  - create a smokescreen -

Never thought I'd see the day GAA and Reillers would be compared to each other but here it is.

:D

Reillers

I don't know heffo. Why don't i just respond by criticising your post, the way it's phrased, you, mis quote you, freely paraphrase you inaccuratly, insult you and call you a disgrace and a joke. All of the above while ignoring what the post says and start rambling on about something completly different and irrelevant. Would you like that because thats what you and the other anti player posters on here do to me all the time. Now would you like that or an answer. I've no problem giving you an answer once you respond to this first.