McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2009, 01:07:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:05:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2009, 01:01:28 PM
Can anyone tell me what the story is now? Are the clubs going to request a special convention and move a 'no confidence' motion against the executive?

Or is Ger the sacrificial lamb in another phoney war?
[/b]

Yes.

It would appear that Sean Og's are happy to continue in present structure and work with FM. If the clubs are going to pursue any further action we'll have to wait and see but its got very quiet down there. Maybe tonights CB meeting will tell us something.

The protestors with the banners at last sundays game who where chanting "FM out" "CB out" "Rebel!rebel!rebe!" most feel very stupid.

Well if that's the case, then the clubs in Cork are unbelievably stupid, and deserve the County Board they have.

The GAA

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 01:10:02 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 01:07:51 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:59:48 PM

So if i accept that there was a conflict in which sports drink to use, you believe this is enough to justify the malpractice from the ccb board over many years?

Its not about conflict in which sports drink is used, its the principle behind it. Free money that could be injected into the GAA coffers for development, facilities, county teams etc is been deverted from the game directly to players. If this continue's, then the funding coming into the GAA will decrease, at a time when costs are way over what they should be. This will have an affect on the next generation of players who will not have had the same resources put into their development, while they will expect the same benefits as those before them.

This is in no way connected to the malpractice of the county board. This should never be tolerated or accepted but the GAA has structures in place to address this. The clubs in Cork for whatever reason (the dreaded FM been the main one) choose not to pursue these structures till now.

These are too independent issues here.

Agreed - so blaming one issue on another is silly

Do you not see the relevance or importance of the first issue?

The GAA

I see that this could be an issue which has ferment resentment between the players and the executive. but how many issues have built into that relationship? 100? 500?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 01:10:51 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:04:09 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:55:38 PM

Excepting dougal, are there posters on this board who genuinely think that the dispute in cork has been instigated by the players to protect personal commercial interests?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Game set and match !!! Over and out ! Take a few days off GAA - It's getting hugely embarassing for you at this stage and the mood isn't good but as I said it's to be expected.  :D :D :D :D

You do know that even the anti player posters laugh at your idiocy?

I pointed out to you a long time ago ( December actually )  that it was all about money - but that simply could not have been countenanced by you.

It's ok  - Better men than you have been taken in by the 2008 panel - so don't be so aggressive, dismissive and abusive.

You can't be right on everything no matter how hard you try.

orangeman

The protestors with the banners at last sundays game who where chanting "FM out" "CB out" "Rebel!rebel!rebe!" most feel very stupid

Like some posters here although they're never going to admit that !

Maybe the 2008 panel have struck a deal whereby commercial activities will be shared between the board and the panel ?.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:18:24 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 01:10:51 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:04:09 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:55:38 PM

Excepting dougal, are there posters on this board who genuinely think that the dispute in cork has been instigated by the players to protect personal commercial interests?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Game set and match !!! Over and out ! Take a few days off GAA - It's getting hugely embarassing for you at this stage and the mood isn't good but as I said it's to be expected.  :D :D :D :D

You do know that even the anti player posters laugh at your idiocy?

I pointed out to you a long time ago ( December actually )  that it was all about money - but that simply could not have been countenanced by you.

It's ok  - Better men than you have been taken in by the 2008 panel - so don't be so aggressive, dismissive and abusive.

You can't be right on everything no matter how hard you try.

You can't even understand that i'm saying that that is idiotic?

It wa idiotic in decemer and its idiotic now.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 01:07:51 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:59:48 PM

So if i accept that there was a conflict in which sports drink to use, you believe this is enough to justify the malpractice from the ccb board over many years?

Its not about conflict in which sports drink is used, its the principle behind it. Free money that could be injected into the GAA coffers for development, facilities, county teams etc is been deverted from the game directly to players. If this continue's, then the funding coming into the GAA will decrease, at a time when costs are way over what they should be. This will have an affect on the next generation of players who will not have had the same resources put into their development, while they will expect the same benefits as those before them.

This is in no way connected to the malpractice of the county board. This should never be tolerated or accepted but the GAA has structures in place to address this. The clubs in Cork for whatever reason (the dreaded FM been the main one) choose not to pursue these structures till now.

These are too independent issues here.

Great post, I completely agree.

If these allegations against the players are true, and the fact that Gerald McCarthy said the players done the County Board out of €450,000 in sponsorship which the players didn't deny (and they surely would if the comments he made were not true) then it shows the players up for exactly what they are.  Nobody not even the most blind of the pro-players posters could support the players if this were true.

Also is their as much neglect by the County Board as has been made out?  Because looking back over their reccord in hurling over the last 30 years, I wish we had the same neglect in Galway!  Only Kilkenny have won more All-Irelands over the same period!

The GAA

So if the players are on the wrong side of even one of the mini battles they've had with the ccb then its justification for the ongoing malpractice?

orangeman

Well if you did us a favour and tell us whether the deal with Coca Cola fell through and why , we could maybe advance this a little ? Then tell us if Mc Carthy is telling lies when he claims that € 450k of money was lost as a result of the players' side deals ?. You made light of a death threat to him yesterday bu saying that the asshole who threatened the Mc Cathy household hadn't used a "recognised" codeword and therefore there was nothing to worry about. I'd expect you to be equally dismissive of this claim, as is your style with any subject you're not comfortable with. This no doubt is one of them.

The GAA

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:57:43 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 12, 2009, 12:54:32 PM
The one I spoke with is a respected clubman and has done trojan work for Cork Hurling, or to be more precise, used to do trojan work.  I only quoted what he told me, you say it is horseshit which makes me think you are calling him a liar.   

Thanks for answering the question after all that.  Your answer being yes I am to assume that since you are backing the 2008 panel that not one of them have received direct sponsorship as otherwise you would oppose that and not back them.

You better stick up my quote then there boss

I think you are confused with your second paragraph? i'm not clear what you're saying there?

As you were quick to push for answers to your questions - i'm waiting on that quote from me?

orangeman

"mini" battle ??

Dismissive indeed - making light of a very significant issue  - not altogether surprised. Good tactic.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:36:20 PM
Well if you did us a favour and tell us whether the deal with Coca Cola fell through and why , we could maybe advance this a little ? Then tell us if Mc Carthy is telling lies when he claims that € 450k of money was lost as a result of the players' side deals ?. You made light of a death threat to him yesterday bu saying that the asshole who threatened the Mc Cathy household hadn't used a "recognised" codeword and therefore there was nothing to worry about. I'd expect you to be equally dismissive of this claim, as is your style with any subject you're not comfortable with. This no doubt is one of them.

How could i be in a position to tell you if a hypothetical ccb sponsorship deal fell through or why. They probably pulled out because of the association with Frank Murphy.

If anyone would like to discuss the issues surroundig this dispute i'm all ears but az seems to be the only man who is in recent hours.

don't talk about the real issues in case you don't like the conclusions, hey?

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 01:38:03 PM
"mini" battle ??

Dismissive indeed - making light of a very significant issue  - not altogether surprised. Good tactic.

Battle the.

symantics. ye gotta love them.

if the players are on the wrong side of even one of the mini battles they've had with the ccb then its justification for the ongoing malpractice?

Bud Wiser

Jesus, are you completely thick or what?

Look, I said that I was told by a senior clubman from Cork whose son had played on a county team that the real trouble was over sponsorship and that one player got 40,000 euro and the panel got 160,000 between them in direct payments, none of which went to the county board.  I have posted a seperate thgread on sponsorship. 
When I posted the comments the senior clubman told me, you said it was horseshit or the greatest load of horseshit etc.  In other words in doing so you are refuting what the clubman told me and in doing so alleging he is a liar.  Get it?  Probably not.   I also said, before you ask, that I would not be naming the clubman as I didn't want the Klu-Klork-Klan out searching for car tyres.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"