McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on February 25, 2009, 04:13:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 25, 2009, 04:05:02 PM
Someone asked somewhere on this thread Reillers if you are a member of the 2008 panel and I would ask that again. Being a relative newcomer I genuinely don't know and it might be a silly question. But you say the same thing over and over again avoiding questions and insulting those of a differing opinion and if you're not I have to wonder do you have any connection with the 2008 panel.

I'm pretty sure he has said he isn't and exactly what questions has he avoided, I think this is more baseless generalisations from you, if anything Reillers has over-answered questions put to him.

"if anything Reillers has over-answered questions put to him."

??

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 04:16:11 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 25, 2009, 04:13:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 25, 2009, 04:05:02 PM
Someone asked somewhere on this thread Reillers if you are a member of the 2008 panel and I would ask that again. Being a relative newcomer I genuinely don't know and it might be a silly question. But you say the same thing over and over again avoiding questions and insulting those of a differing opinion and if you're not I have to wonder do you have any connection with the 2008 panel.

I'm pretty sure he has said he isn't and exactly what questions has he avoided, I think this is more baseless generalisations from you, if anything Reillers has over-answered questions put to him.

FS claiming reillers doesn't answer questions takes the biscuit, only OM and indiana do that to my knowledge

"FS claiming reillers doesn't answer questions takes the biscuit",

??

The GAA

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on March 02, 2009, 03:21:25 PM

Quote from: The GAA on February 28, 2009, 12:37:20 PM

What's your name and address?

Don't duck the question now....

??

Quote from: dowling on March 02, 2009, 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: The GAA on March 02, 2009, 09:54:26 AM

Dowling - Reiller's club, though he has made no attempt to hide it, is none of your business.

I fail to see why you feel the need to personalize things

GAA mis-reading a post once happens. I've stated I'm not interested in which club he belongs to and quoted the original question and elaborated on the context of it. However to continually present my post as something it's not must be intentional.
I can only assume you feel uncomfortable about the possible answer and are attempting to deflect from the question being answered. Not surprising really.

You're not kidding anyone GAA

Reillers

For the love of God, I'd have no problem saying what club I was from if Dowling acted like he would make have an attempt to respect anything I say. I'd have no problem saying it if you didn't have the attitude that you do asking it and talking to everyone else.

dowling

For God's sake Reillers I'm only asking what the present stance of your club is in relation to the striking 2008 panel.

Reillers what would be the stance of your own club at present in relation to the 2008 panel?

Reillers

THen just ask then instead of whinging and acting like an ass to everyone else.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 02, 2009, 05:18:37 PM
THen just ask then instead of whinging and acting like an ass to everyone else.

So Reillers my good friend I was just wondering what the stance of your own club - the name of which I don't at all need to know - in relation to the 2008 panel is at present if you could find time to tell me.

Good talking to ya again. Take care.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 02, 2009, 04:18:25 PM
I'd have no problem saying it if you didn't have the attitude that you do asking it and talking to everyone else.

You're as bad as the strikers Reillers - only good things can come through talking

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2009, 07:11:03 PM
I'd have no problem saying it if you didn't have the attitude that you do asking it and talking to everyone else.

You're as bad as the strikers Reillers - only good things can come through talking

As far as I know we're going to back the players.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 02, 2009, 08:05:58 PM

Who's 'we'?

Have you not spoken to your chairman & secretary to canvass your views?

Does anyone talk to anyone down there?

Tatler Jack

QuoteAs far as I know we're going to back the players.

What does backing the players exactly mean Reillers? Does it mean your club will support the sacking of Gerald McCarthy and then allow the players to select the new manager? Or does it mean more - i.e. getting rid of thecurrent CB executive. 

As I am not sure what the players want I would think giving them unconditional support is quite dangerous. Would your club consider a motion that would require the players to enter talks while at the same time the CB and the team management would agree that everything would be up for discussion at such talks - including Ger Mac possibly stepping down? 

For those who do not agree with Reillers here is a different view from last weeks Southern Star (published in Skibereeen)

http://www.southernstar.ie/article.php?id=1165

orangeman

That is quite an article Tatler Jack in the Southern Star and I dare say there's plenty who feel the same way and not only about the players.

Reillers

Lol. Looking at the results coming in from SGMs, Nemos just had theirs, Nemo voted tonight 185 to 0 in favour of the 08 panel. There's plenty more where that came from as well.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2009, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 02, 2009, 08:05:58 PM

But the genuine feeling seems to be with the players.
Who's 'we'?

Have you not spoken to your chairman & secretary to canvass your views?

Does anyone talk to anyone down there?

I mean the opinions split, the SGM has been shot down because of a praticular member wont say who..not the nicest person you'll ever meet. If a certain someone has his way it'll probably go against the players because of his antics, motions thrown out because of being incorectly worded and crap like that. But that's as much to be said really for now. The SGM's been delayed all ready.
If it was called now of the genuine club members it'd probably get the backing for the players. But I don't know.
It's split because despite having a certain character at the club we also have two IC players as well.