McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Have to agree with Indiana (i know) on the junior c comment from humphreys - certainly uncalled for though hardly heresy.
i haven't read much of his stuff in recent years - at what point did he lose his credability as a journo bt7?

Dowling

1 - canty is captain of the footballers, who only last year had to take similar action with respect to the same ccb to have things done correctly with respect to managerial appointments. he needed the hurlers for that battle and he's showing them a bit of support back. are you that detached from the ethos of team and solidarity? they have a common enemy.

2 - you are still of the ernestly held opinion that McCarthy is a top level coach?

3 - the GPA have declined the 2008 membership?

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 23, 2009, 03:14:59 PM

Have to agree with Indiana (i know) on the junior c comment from humphreys - certainly uncalled for though hardly heresy.
i haven't read much of his stuff in recent years - at what point did he lose his credability as a journo bt7?

Dowling

1 - canty is captain of the footballers, who only last year had to take similar action with respect to the same ccb to have things done correctly with respect to managerial appointments. he needed the hurlers for that battle and he's showing them a bit of support back. are you that detached from the ethos of team and solidarity? they have a common enemy.

2 - you are still of the ernestly held opinion that McCarthy is a top level coach?

Yes I understand what Canty is and all about last year GAA. The footballers have already expressed their position and support so why was Canty at the meeting and appearing on the news before the meeting. A reminder of more to come perhaps rather than just a show of solidarity?
I'm of the earnestly held opinion that players should not be able to pick a coach or a manager or decide who it shouldn't be.
I stand to be corrected and have no problems whenever such happens but unless we are having a play on words yes, I was under the impression that the 2008 panel were not present GPA members according to the GPA. Of course some might think the GPA would say that.

"Common enemy?" The use of such language sums up the mentality of yourself and others.

orangeman

No harm in bringing one of the brothers with you just to create more of a  threat - he doesn't necassrily have to say or do anything. He just has to be there. Bullyboy tactics.

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 23, 2009, 03:32:34 PM

Dowling

Yes I understand what Canty is and all about last year GAA. The footballers have already expressed their position and support so why was Canty at the meeting and appearing on the news before the meeting. A reminder of more to come perhaps rather than just a show of solidarity?
I'm of the earnestly held opinion that players should not be able to pick a coach or a manager or decide who it shouldn't be.
I stand to be corrected and have no problems whenever such happens but unless we are having a play on words yes, I was under the impression that the 2008 panel were not present GPA members according to the GPA. Of course some might think the GPA would say that.

"Common enemy?" The use of such language sums up the mentality of yourself and others.

both i'm sure.

you missed the second question

I can think of no better term for people privileged to be given (and some of them paid for) the task of serving their county and they make decisions other than for the good of the county and for personal vendettas.

The GAA

It wouldn't have worked months ago johnny. only now, with all that has passed, have they got the full attention of the clubs.

Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 11:27:39 AM
It wasn't tried.

It was tried many times. how long is it since the very motion that the clubs are now going to propose again to ensure club consultation before important votes by delegates was defeated? a month? less?

Maybe you'd like to address the latest point that you've avoided OM?

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 03:43:02 PM
No harm in bringing one of the brothers with you just to create more of a  threat - he doesn't necassrily have to say or do anything. He just has to be there. Bullyboy tactics.

I'd say the 3 or 400 club officials would be afraid of 28 lads alright. ::)
You're getting more pathetic by the day Orangeman.
Why dont you just come out  and say it openly ........ "I hate all the Cork players but especially Donal Og and Sean Og."
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 23, 2009, 03:45:32 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 23, 2009, 03:32:34 PM

Dowling

both i'm sure.

you missed the second question

I can think of no better term for people privileged to be given (and some of them paid for) the task of serving their county and they make decisions other than for the good of the county and for personal vendettas.
[/b]

You're right - the players shouldn't be at this at all - vendettas and such like.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 23, 2009, 03:47:48 PM

It wouldn't have worked months ago johnny. only now, with all that has passed, have they got the full attention of the clubs.

It wasn't tried.

It was tried many times. how long is it since the very motion that the clubs are now going to propose again to ensure club consultation before important votes by delegates was defeated? a month? less?

In what is likely to be seen as a blow to hurlers in the county, a motion put forward by the Cloyne club was heavily defeated at last night's meeting of the Cork County Board.

They had proposed that any vote on the current impasse involving last year's panel be deferred until club's had discussed the issue and mandated their delegates.

The motion was defeated 83 to 27.

I believe it was out of order then and was not attempted many times as you claim.. There are ways of bringing about change and thankfully the 2008 panel and the clubs in Cork have now realised this ( the rest of the country knew this )  - As I said the only pity is that they didn't do this earlier.

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on February 23, 2009, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 03:43:02 PM

I'd say the 3 or 400 club officials would be afraid of 28 lads alright. ::)You're getting more pathetic by the day Orangeman.
Why dont you just come out  and say it openly ........ "I hate all the Cork players but especially Donal Og and Sean Og."

You missed that point as well.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 04:04:12 PM

It wasn't tried.

In what is likely to be seen as a blow to hurlers in the county, a motion put forward by the Cloyne club was heavily defeated at last night's meeting of the Cork County Board.

They had proposed that any vote on the current impasse involving last year's panel be deferred until club's had discussed the issue and mandated their delegates.

I believe it was out of order then and was not attempted many times as you claim.. There are ways of bringing about change and thankfully the 2008 panel and the clubs in Cork have now realised this ( the rest of the country knew this )  - As I said the only pity is that they didn't do this earlier.

Out of order? the motion was proposed, seconded, voted on and defeated comprehensively. The same motion will be resubmitted now as a result of last night. In light of this how can you commend the new submission and wonder why it was never done before?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 23, 2009, 04:17:58 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 04:04:12 PM

It wasn't tried.

Out of order? the motion was proposed, seconded, voted on and defeated comprehensively. The same motion will be resubmitted now as a result of last night. In light of this how can you commend the new submission and wonder why it was never done before?

I've pointed out that the clubs of Cork, if they have had to endure this for 30 years certainly should have got up off their arses and done something about this a long, long time ago.

Does anyone have the exact wording of the new submission ?

The GAA

I'll take that as an apology so.

Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 04:32:21 PM
I've pointed out that the clubs of Cork, if they have had to endure this for 30 years certainly should have got up off their arses and done something about this a long, long time ago.

Its a wonder its not the players' fault...

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 23, 2009, 04:36:03 PM

I'll take that as an apology so.

Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2009, 04:32:21 PM

Its a wonder its not the players' fault...

Ok - sorry then.

It's not the players' faults at all and I don't hate them. But they should have went about their business in a different manner and I know we have debated this to death, so we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

bottlethrower7

during the rule 42 debate.