McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

The difference between you and I is that i stand over everything i say and can back it up.

It's unfair i know bcause i have the advantage of a primary school education.

I do take exception to pondlife like you who make up stuff when they are losing an argument, for example:

Quote from: orangeman on February 09, 2009, 09:18:29 AM
GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism,

no i don't

GAA - come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition,

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

never spoken to any of those lads about this dispute

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Its only you who says that i am intelligent - all the time actually.
why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

what the hell are you talking about?

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Is that a record for the most wrong assumptions and lies in the one post?

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

So clarify or stand over that and you'llget a bit of respect....

orangeman

What was said in the press conference about Mc Carthy was scandalous compared to this.

Mc Carthy it was alleged didn't go to visit one of the players who was in hospital until a week had passed.

The player made it sound like it was a crime -

Mc Carthy clarified the point by saying that he actually visited twice, bring the lad DVDs on the second occasion.

Looks like Mc Carthy stupidly brought him Powerade instead of the preferred money generating favourite of the players !!! If only Mc Carthy had put the Powerade into another bottle, everything would have been grand and we wouldn't have needed another strike.

When will this Mc Carthy man ever learn ????

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2009, 02:23:51 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 02:09:58 PM

The fact remains OM that i caught you out in a litany of lies, you avoided the thread for a day (record for you) out of embarrassment and have yet to contradict a single one of my accusations of you being the biggest liar on the board.

that makes you ignorant, devoid of even the slightest amount of charachter within your being and not even in possession of enough conscience or regard for the board to be embarrassed...

If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. Time you learned that lesson.

If you'll both accept me as an impartial moderator, I'll happily try and find a solution around the current impasse..

Fine by me.

heffo

I wonder how many full time GPO's in Cork weren't employed as a direct result of this - just so some of the 'amateur' players could stick an extension onto their house..

passedit

Gaa, you have no sympathy from me. It's not as if you weren't warned.

The man is either a first class wum or an idiot. Either way you shouldn't be wasting your time (and more importantly, the time of everyone else reading this thread) arguing with him.
Don't Panic

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 02:04:56 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 12, 2009, 01:26:43 PM
Looks like the GPA could be on the verge of entering this dispute in a more offical capacity.

I'd be interested in following the logic that led you to arrive at that conclusion?

Well GAA why put out this statement if there wasn't going to be a possibility of greater/offical involvement?
And as this was always projected as an internal dispute why contact people outside Cork at all?

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2009, 02:28:47 PM
I wonder how many full time GPO's in Cork weren't employed as a direct result of this - just so some of the 'amateur' players could stick an extension onto their house..

There are two sides to that issue Heffo.

The players as a group organised a sponsorship through c & c for their body with the Energise product - long bfore the lucozade or powerade deals came before county boards.

How could the GPA stand over their "backing" of the Energise product if their members are then extensively covered in papers and om tv using the rival products?

Cork or any other county board are entitled to negotiate whatever deals they want but they do not own the players. they cannot expect to force players to drink out of a particular bottle, particularly when they have knowingly agreed a deal that the players cannot participate in.

passedit

I'd say it's a round figure.

I wonder how many kids in Cork no longer aspire to be top class hurlers as a direct result of this - just so as some 'professional' administrators could stick it to the players?
Don't Panic

NAG

Yes but the point is that they are only in the public eye because they are picked for Cork. If they play for Cork they should have to go along with any branding which the CCB finds appropriate to help with the running costs of the team or the county in general.

Therefore the CCB's deal with Powerade should have superceded the deal that the GPA an unoffical non recognised body.

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 12, 2009, 02:36:13 PM
Well GAA why put out this statement if there wasn't going to be a possibility of greater/offical involvement?
And as this was always projected as an internal dispute why contact people outside Cork at all

Surly you have to accept that that is pure conjecture on your behalf and there is nothing in the content that indicates anything of the sort?

The cork panel are entitled to contact other teams if they wish and the GPA network is obviously the most efficient way of doing that. i don't see how this indicates any such involvement of the GPA, much as some people would like it to be so

The GAA

Quote from: NAG on February 12, 2009, 02:40:06 PM
Yes but the point is that they are only in the public eye because they are picked for Cork. If they play for Cork they should have to go along with any branding which the CCB finds appropriate to help with the running costs of the team or the county in general.

Therefore the CCB's deal with Powerade should have superceded the deal that the GPA an unoffical non recognised body.

But they were playing for cork and the players as a group own their own image rights - as you do.

Selecting someone in a representative fashion does not mean you own them. they do not "have to go along with" any commercial deals that they don't sign up for.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 02:36:49 PM

There are two sides to that issue Heffo.

The players as a group organised a sponsorship through c & c for their body with the Energise product - long bfore the lucozade or powerade deals came before county boards.

How could the GPA stand over their "backing" of the Energise product if their members are then extensively covered in papers and om tv using the rival products?

Cork or any other county board are entitled to negotiate whatever deals they want but they do not own the players. they cannot expect to force players to drink out of a particular bottle, particularly when they have knowingly agreed a deal that the players cannot participate in.

And who said it had nothing to do with money and all they want to do is play hurling ?? These statements about only wanting what is best for Cork hurling are quite hollow now.

There's more to this dispute than simply not wanting Gerald.

The GAA

Quote from: passedit on February 12, 2009, 02:33:20 PM
Gaa, you have no sympathy from me. It's not as if you weren't warned.

The man is either a first class wum or an idiot. Either way you shouldn't be wasting your time (and more importantly, the time of everyone else reading this thread) arguing with him.

of course i should no better. but i never could stand slimy liars

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 02:40:17 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 12, 2009, 02:36:13 PM
And as this was always projected as an internal dispute why contact people outside Cork at all

Surly you have to accept that that is pure conjecture on your behalf and there is nothing in the content that indicates anything of the sort?

The cork panel are entitled to contact other teams if they wish and the GPA network is obviously the most efficient way of doing that. i don't see how this indicates any such involvement of the GPA, much as some people would like it to be so

Of course the 2008 panel are entitled to contact anyone but why are they doing this and why now? Taking into account their high profile press conference which outlined their position in greater detail and all the other press and television coverage.

orangeman

Sean Og and someone else went out on Croke Park a couple of years ago - it might have been against Waterford, not sure, with Paddy Power I think it was emblazoned on the bas of his hurl. Not sure how much he was getting for it.

Like the rest of the Cork squad, all they wanted was to play hurling just for the love of the game and obviously to win. Nothing else.