McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

If its embarrassment liar then i will accept a simple apology and that will be the end of it.

you shouldn't be embarrassed being caught out telling lies - its basically all you do on this board

Quote from: orangeman on February 09, 2009, 09:18:29 AM
GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism,

no i don't

GAA - come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition,

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

never spoken to any of those lads about this dispute

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Its only you who says that i am intelligent - all the time actually.
why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

what the hell are you talking about?

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

now you really are making stuff up.

Is that a record for the most wrong assumptions and lies in the one post?

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

orangeman

passedit

Quote from: dowling on February 11, 2009, 08:50:18 AM
Quote from: passedit on February 11, 2009, 01:46:12 AM
You see for 'passedit', 'the GAA' and reillers there has been a difficulty reading between lines and weighing stuff up. Thus the foul and abusive language.

Example please

"More shame on you then when you come out with shit like this"

"I have no interest in you other than being pissed off with you trying at every opportunity to shoehorn the GPA into this debate"

There ye go

Sweet mother of God (can I say that?)
Don't Panic

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 11, 2009, 01:04:25 PM
Are you off work today ?

At least be man enough to admit your shortcomings. whatever your charachter failings, the first step to recovery is admitting it.

GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism,

no i don't

GAA - come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition,

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

never spoken to any of those lads about this dispute

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Its only you who says that i am intelligent - all the time actually.
why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

what the hell are you talking about?

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

now you really are making stuff up.

Is that a record for the most wrong assumptions and lies in the one post?

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

Zulu

All very reasonable OM, but considering one of that backroom team has just walked and a facilitator had to be brought in during the year it seems clear that all was not well. More importantly there is nothing to suggest the CB did any of the things you said you'd do, and therefore it comes back to why those 5 men did what they did, knowing what they knew and knowing how things would turn out. I don't think anyone can say they had Cork hurlings interests at heart in making their decision and in my book if the CB deliberately work against their county teams, then the fault lies primarily with them.

orangeman

GAA - catch a grip and stop making a complete eejit out of yourself.

You've been on here calling myself and others, gobshites and other such names - so when you learn to have a bit of manners and stop behaving like a pack of spoilt Cork hurlers and when I get an apology from you, I'll address your issues.

But not until then.

And you can post / paste your message until your blue in the face.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on February 11, 2009, 01:19:53 PM
All very reasonable OM, but considering one of that backroom team has just walked and a facilitator had to be brought in during the year it seems clear that all was not well. More importantly there is nothing to suggest the CB did any of the things you said you'd do, and therefore it comes back to why those 5 men did what they did, knowing what they knew and knowing how things would turn out. I don't think anyone can say they had Cork hurlings interests at heart in making their decision and in my book if the CB deliberately work against their county teams, then the fault lies primarily with them.

Yes but I don't accept that the CB executive would want to have created the situation that we're in now.

Zulu

One of only two things could have happened, either the situation we have now or a bunch of very unhappy hurlers would have grudgingly played for Gerald (with probably a few retirements), so neither of these situations should be acceptable to a CB or Cork GAA supporters. They must have known this to be the case and if you don't accept that you've abandond the concept of logic altogether, besides the players told them they wouldn't play for Gerald and they knew these lads would follow through on that so they probaly did know this is how things would pan out. Either way they didn't execute their responsibilities to the GAA.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 11, 2009, 01:26:45 PM

Yes but I don't accept that the CB executive would want to have created the situation that we're in now.

substantiate your lies, low life liar

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 11, 2009, 01:38:10 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 11, 2009, 01:26:45 PM

substantiate your lies, low life liar

You can call me a liar all you like.

You can continue making an eejit of yourself. You're only annoying yourself.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on February 11, 2009, 01:32:12 PM
One of only two things could have happened, either the situation we have now or a bunch of very unhappy hurlers would have grudgingly played for Gerald (with probably a few retirements), so neither of these situations should be acceptable to a CB or Cork GAA supporters. They must have known this to be the case and if you don't accept that you've abandond the concept of logic altogether, besides the players told them they wouldn't play for Gerald and they knew these lads would follow through on that so they probaly did know this is how things would pan out. Either way they didn't execute their responsibilities to the GAA.

Zulu look at it from the other side. Do you really believe that the total 30 players of the 2008 panel all arrived at the same conclusion independently that Gerald wasn't up to scratch? Do you not think some of the players made the issue and influenced others?
Donal og makes it out that issues came up from players and he or/and others relayed those views to the management as if that was the height of their role. I'd like to know which of the young players or more recent ones on the panel brought up the issues.
What do you think?

Reillers

What pisses me off yet again is that yet again the clubs had no notice it would be a vote. It was proposed on the night by the p***k that is Honahan without prior notice. It is completly wrong democratically to do this, and it shows a complete disregard for the clubs more so than the players yet again.

orangeman

Does anyone think that the positions at the press conference that night were randomly selected just as they went in the door that night in Douglas or had they practiced that "drill" at training supervised by "logsitics" man Walsh ?

It's not like Donal Og to select a back seat.

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on February 10, 2009, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 10, 2009, 07:15:15 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 06:34:50 PM
If Martin Walsh was hedging his bets why does he give a big interview to 'da paper'? Maybe there's just a small chance that these are his legimately held views?

Everyone here is using everything to suit their argument. Martin Walsh damns the current set-up and the pro-players group on here say that this irrevocably proves their point. The anti-players element ignore it and say its just a man looking out for his own interests. Opinions are way too polorised on this issue for me to think there's going to be any positive outcome anytime soon.

Do people not appreciate that massive mistakes have been made by Gerald McCarthy, by Frank Murphy, by board delegates and by the 2008 panel? Nobody in this mess has a monopoly on righteousness

How many papers is he supposed to give interviews to?
On your last paragraph, the only person Martin Walsh openly lays any blame with is Gerald.
If his views have always been legitimate and so strong why did he not declare them earlier and avoid involvement with the present panel? Surely integrity would have dictated he be up front and walk away from the present management and panel.
No doubt Gerald McC will be feeling badly betrayed and rather Martin hadn't been there at all than to have behaved in this way.

So the GPA has raised its head! As Orangeman says it probably isn't involved though!

GAA just listened to that interview again and confirmed my earlier views. Haven't a link but you can listen to it on the Marian Finucane podcast on the RTE radio website.

Just heard the news about the GMcC and delegates meeting tonight. This will be interesting.
[/b]

Tonight's meeting will be a back me or sack me appeal from Mc Carthy I reckon.
[/u]

Reillers - everybody KNEW that Mc Carthy was going to address the meeting last night and that it would go to a vote eventually on whether to back him or sack him.

The delegates backed him - do you not accept that ?.

Zulu

The younger players came out and said it themselves so I can only take it at face value, however IMO there is no doubt that some of the panel would play for Gerald again and that there are varying opinions within the panel, however, and I'm going back to this again, if even a majority of players or all the senior players don't get on with Gerald then he is a dead man walking as far as coaching this Cork team is concerned. So why reappoint him?

We are all speculating here a bit but if I were one of the 5 CB members and my concern was simply to get the best man for the job then I wouldn't have reappointed Gerald and I haven't spoken to one person who disagrees with me on that, even staunch anti-player people. So it comes back to why those 5 men did what they did and to me the only logical answer is to shove it into the players, not the good of Cork hurling.

The players maybe impossible to please, they may have an inflated sense of their own importance but that still doesn't justify the men who run Cork GAA, one of whom you and I are paying to do so, persuing a vendetta against these players.