McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:04:41 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 01:44:46 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 11:04:38 AM
Ok sorry in top counties they do. Don't bullshit me saying that they don't. They are in a priveliged position because the players have gotten themselves ther.

Right - tell me how many Cork players get cars supplied to them please.

And while you're at it, tell me the counties where players get cars supplied.

This is the whole crux of the problem - the players are now totally focussed on pay for play and getting all the perks of the day - all led by Donal GPA Cusack, Ga, Sean Og etc etc.

Bring in the young lads - I'm sure they don't want a company car -all they want is a jersey to wear on a Sunday - the current team have the medals which they earned on the field - they didn't "earn" a company car !!!! It was as a result of the families, communities, county board that they were born into. They were privileged from birth.

What are you on about now.
How the hell am I supposed to know who gets what.
The players have openly said, I've lost count on how many times that they do not want pay for play. Is their word not good enough??

After last year ??? Frankly ( pardon the pun ) NO !!!

You said that players up and down the country get cars - then you said only top counties - so which counties and which players ???

How the hell am I suppsed to no. I know that players around the country in both codes get privaleges, not all teams, but some players. And that's just a rumour what ye are saying.
It's funny how quickly you take some peoples word and not other.

You gave out to me for apparently lying which I haven't, but you still haven't said a word about McCarthy lying.
You continue to ignore my posts and wont reply.
Always when there are hard questions.

Mc Carthy is an honest man - with only the best of intentions for Cork hurling - the players' vision has been blurred by company cars and appearance fees !

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:08:55 PM
The players said, I've said, the whole bloody country has said that the players said that they will go back if McCarthy goes, you know that. Do I think the real problem is McCarthy..no I think the real problem is Frank Murphy. But it's what the players say.

The whole bloody country ? You're delusional and so are the players if they think Mc Carthy is going to run away from a few lads that have lost the run of themselves and who patently are more interested in a few freebies than pulling on a Cork jersey.  ;)

Everyone knows that the players have said that they will come back if McCarthy is gone. What's the problem there. McCarthy is too stuborn to leave. He's left his egp get in the way, his hurt pride, he's not seeing things clearly. He's staying on princepal now because he's wounded. But every great manager knows when it's time to leave, when they can't bring the club or county or whatever, any further and he's either failed to see that or ignores it. But he's bloody lucky, if he was in a county where the CB did their job he'd have been fired by now. And that's the truth.

You're such a bullshitter like, you say you've no problem with the players, grow a set and tell the truth. They aren't interested in the freebies and you really are just talking through you ass at this stage.

Saying that Mc Carthy has an ego is a bit rich coming from you who are supporting the players whose ego is not being served well by a man who is a bigger legend than any of them will ever be. If he has an ego ( which he hasn't ) in your words he might have earned it more than the lads who are telling him to go.

The greatness that surrounds Mc Carthy is now starting to appear - he has spooted that the ageing players have lost the hunger, the drive and are now only prepared to fight for the perks that are assocaited with the status of being a Crok hurler - he has rightly spotted that the younger lads provide more options than a group of lads who get a nose blee if they don't have a row or a strike going by the time November comes around.

Noticeably there were NO strikes in 2004 and 2005.

How about you answer all of the posts and my other posts that you continue to ignore. Stop answering what's convenient to you. You clearly have no clue about these players, or McCarthy for that matter, I can tell from your posts. You don't even no who half the players are or how they've been playing.
You've CLEARLY f**k all clue about what's going on. You know nothing about the players and you come up with ridiculous statements that make no sense, and rubbish about appearance fees and such, which is complete bull shit. You're just going on what someone said to someone about something, you haven't a clue, because a lot of, nearly all of what you say doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.
Saying things like you've a pretty good idea of Cork GAA and the running of it, but not from the papers, and then you ask me who Pat Horgan is. What you say have the time, when you are not degrading the players, when it comes to talking hurling or whatever, you don't seem to have a clue.
Why don't you admit that you haven't a clue and are bassing all this on hateful feelings for the players, instead of wasting my time, grow a pair, admit the truth, that you've no clue, if you did you, among many things would no why there was no strikes in 2003-2006, admit the truth that you've no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Cork hurling and these players, you just dislike them.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:50:33 PM
Ok sorry in top counties they do. Don't bullshit me saying that they don't. They are in a priveliged position because the players have gotten themselves ther.

This is the whole crux of the problem - the players are now totally focussed on pay for play and getting all the perks of the day - all led by Donal GPA Cusack, Ga, Sean Og etc etc.

Bring in the young lads - I'm sure they don't want a company car -all they want is a jersey to wear on a Sunday - the current team have the medals which they earned on the field - they didn't "earn" a company car !!!! It was as a result of the families, communities, county board that they were born into. They were privileged from birth.

The players have openly said, I've lost count on how many times that they do not want pay for play. Is their word not good enough??

You said that players up and down the country get cars - then you said only top counties - so which counties and which players ???

How the hell am I suppsed to no. I know that players around the country in both codes get privaleges, not all teams, but some players. And that's just a rumour what ye are saying.

You gave out to me for apparently lying which I haven't, but you still haven't said a word about McCarthy lying.

Mc Carthy is an honest man - with only the best of intentions for Cork hurling - the players' vision has been blurred by company cars and appearance fees !
You know him do ya?? Sure ya do. Oh when I say, that the players have got the best intentions for COrk hurling your response is don't give me that crap but when it comes to McCarthy..
McCarthy, he's a legend, he is, but he blatantly and knowingly leaked a document that was confidential to make the players look two faced.
He lied, saying McGurn was on board, which basically turned him off taking the job because all he had agreed to was a meeting, and he even blew his own trumpet by calling it a great coup.
What exactly have the players ACTUALLY lied about and done that has pissed you off so much??
And you continue to ignore my posts.

What have the players lied about??

Why do you have such a problem with the players, don't say you don't because you do??

Hard cold facts that are taken into circumstances, not your opinion. Not you think the players are spoilt because they are, facts, hard cold facts, taking circumstances into account.

orangeman

The truth is beginnig to hurt !!!!!!!  ;) ;) :D :D :D

Anybody that says anything negative about the players according to you knows F--K ALL and haven't a clue - well I can tell you that I'm not far off the mark.

You're not living in the real world - you've spent too much time with the players.

Hopefully the players will take time to talk to this new facilitator.

The players have picked a row with the wrong man and I think they're just beginning to realise this.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 03:11:54 PM

You know him do ya?? Sure ya do. Oh when I say, that the players have got the best intentions for COrk hurling your response is don't give me that crap but when it comes to McCarthy..
McCarthy, he's a legend, he is, but he blatantly and knowingly leaked a document that was confidential to make the players look two faced.
He lied, saying McGurn was on board, which basically turned him off taking the job because all he had agreed to was a meeting, and he even blew his own trumpet by calling it a great coup.
What exactly have the players ACTUALLY lied about and done that has pissed you off so much??

Why do you have such a problem with the players, don't say you don't because you do??

Hard cold facts that are taken into circumstances, not your opinion. Not you think the players are spoilt because they are, facts, hard cold facts, taking circumstances into account.

Keep calling Mc Carthy a liar and a bad manager - it has so far advanced your cause ! Keep it up - it's working.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 04:03:59 PM
The truth is beginnig to hurt !!!!!!!  ;) ;) :D :D :D

Anybody that says anything negative about the players according to you knows F--K ALL and haven't a clue - well I can tell you that I'm not far off the mark.

You're not living in the real world - you've spent too much time with the players.

Hopefully the players will take time to talk to this new facilitator.

The players have picked a row with the wrong man and I think they're just beginning to realise this.

And yet you continue to ignore more of my posts.

And no, you know f**k all because you know feck all.
You don't know who Pat Horgan is, you think that the twins, Sean Og and Ga are past it, you completley have the players down wrong, I've no problem with you having the opinion that you do, that you don't back the players in this case, but you've got your facts all wrong. Not opinion but facts. It's fine if you have that opinion that the players are in the wrong, but the rest of it, the complete bullshit that you come out with, is just that, bull shit, that makes no sense and that cannot be backed up.
Now again, I ask you, answer my posts!!

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 04:06:56 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 03:11:54 PM

Keep calling Mc Carthy a liar and a bad manager - it has so far advanced your cause ! Keep it up - it's working.

McCarthy lied. You've no problem with that..what have the players lied about?? What have they done, FACTS (that are taken into circumstances) that pisses you off so much??
Grow a pair, justify your opinion and answer my posts.

orangeman

What do you want answers to ??

Once I give you the answers, uoi don't like them and you tell me I know f--k all.

Now that's just child's stuff - grow a pair etc etc - just grow up yourself and come out from under the clouds !! Welcome to the real world.

The freebies are coming to an end and a move has to be made to save handong the keys back.  ;) ;) ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 04:31:35 PM
What do you want answers to ??

Once I give you the answers, uoi don't like them and you tell me I know f--k all.

Now that's just child's stuff - grow a pair etc etc - just grow up yourself and come out from under the clouds !! Welcome to the real world.

The freebies are coming to an end and a move has to be made to save handong the keys back.  ;) ;) ;)

How about every single post you've ignored on this topic. Seeing as we don't have all day, how about from this page and the last one. Every hard question you've been asked you've blatantly ignored.

You know what I'm on about. Answer them instead of ignoring them. Then we might get somewhere.

How about
Why you justify what McCarthy does but not the players.
How about you tell me that you justify everything that McCarthy does, but you don't justify what the players do.
What have the players done to piss you off so much. All they've done is put down tools because the board yet again has mistreated them badly.
How about the fact that you bitch and bitch about the players but when it comes to actually talking about them, talking hurling, you haven't a clue.
Just for starters.

orangeman

Well you see for starters your mates, like Donal Og, like myself don't have all the answers perhaps, that's why it's taking so long to sort this one out. You seem to think that what the players have done and are doing is fine, You say that the players feel they have been mistreated. I'm saying and have consistently said that strike action amongst GAA players at any level is no way to resolve a dispute. They're acting as if they are the only hurlers in Cork - they're not and so far Mc Carthy is showing them in a nice way that they don't HAVE to represent Cork next year - there will be others who ARE prepared to waer the jersey with prde and not complain or call a strike as soon as they are beat by a better team.

You say that Mc Carthy has an ego - I don't know about that but what I can say is that he is a VERY proud Cork man who so far has given MORE service to Cork hurling over a period of 40 plus years - more service and dedication than ever most if not all of these lads ever will. That's not being disrespectful - that's just a fact that cannot be argued against.
The players have shown NO respect to Mc Carthy  - they've embarassed him and themselves in the process by going on live TV, running to the papers etc etc. This is why the general GAA public are with Mc Carthy on this one. There is a sense and a feeling amongst the GAA public that Mc Carthy is 100% right in taking the stance that he has and most people want to see him carry it through IF the players are not prepared to withdraw their threats.

With regard to Mc Carthy leaking the document, I can't comment because I like you have no evidence that Mc Carthy leaked it. Maybe somebody else did and you're blaming Mc Carthy in the wrong. I honestly don't know but I would go round calling somebody like Mc Carthy a liar without being fully au fait with the situation.

I'm sure that you have ( cos I have ) played under managers who you thought were either no good or who you didn't particularly like. But we got on with it. But none of the managers I played under had legendary status such as Mc Carthy - the players seem to think that they're nearly better than this old fogie. It's a modern phenomenon. The Cork players fail to understand that managing Cork and playing for Cork is an honour. They seem to have taken their eye off the ball and some of them reckon that if they get rid of Mc Carthy and get a new man in they can beat KK. Sure you couldn't beat Tipperary last year. The team is ageing and the old hands can't seem to accept this.

As for my knowledge of Cork hurling, I bow to your greater knowledge but I haven't insulted you by saying that you know F--K all. I know my limitations. The Cork players don't. But I do know that whatever about the county board and whatever about Mc Carthy as a manager, the players have acted disgracefully and said some particularly nasty things to Mc Carthy.

You put yourself into Mc Carthy's shoes and try and see it from his perspective and you mght be able to see where he's coming from.

Of course he's a hurt man - of course he's annoyed - of course he's going to stand and fight - that's what epitomised Cork hurling in the 70's and 80's. It's a pity the players weren't prepared to share the same ethics that Mc Carthy had whenever he played. But maybe the company cars and the obvious perks have blurred the vision.

And finally, I'll repeat my assertion that there were no strikes or boycott of medal presentations in 2004 and 2005.

Do your talking on the hurling field - not in newspapers and Primetime etc etc.

There maybe problems with Mc Carthy and the training.

But Mc Carthy, gentleman that he is, is prepared to bring in new blood. He genuinely thought he had Mike Mc Gurn on board - much as you say he was lying about this as well, he wasn't. It was NOT a PR stunt - it was a genuine, bona fide attempt to bring the best Cork playerr back on board.

There are rights and wrongs on both sides but the players CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO PICK THE MANAGER - IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE OR IN ANY OTHER SPORT.

The Cork striking players need to take a good hard long look at themselves but sadly they've dug themselves such a hole, I fear they're in danger of bringing a lot of great hurlers' careers to a premature end. The choice is theirs. Mc Carthy would take them back in the morning as Mc Carthy has been round enough corners to know that it's not all about him or the players - there is a bigger picture.

So tell the players to open their eyes - use the diplomacy that is being offered. Don't bite off the hand that feeds you.

orangeman

I'm going out to midnight mass here now !  ;)

So it's been a lively discussion, sometimes heated, but for the moment, Reillers, Realrelbel and all who have contributed to the thread ( which sets a record for a hurling thread ), have a very Happy Christmas.

We'll no doubt chat later.

Reillers  - I'll pray at mass for an end to the dispute and the misguided players !!!.  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 07:49:21 PM
Well you see for starters your mates, like Donal Og, like myself don't have all the answers perhaps, that's why it's taking so long to sort this one out. You seem to think that what the players have done and are doing is fine, You say that the players feel they have been mistreated. I'm saying and have consistently said that strike action amongst GAA players at any level is no way to resolve a dispute. They're acting as if they are the only hurlers in Cork - they're not and so far Mc Carthy is showing them in a nice way that they don't HAVE to represent Cork next year - there will be others who ARE prepared to waer the jersey with prde and not complain or call a strike as soon as they are beat by a better team.

No I've said that while their actions are questionable their motives are just

You say that Mc Carthy has an ego - I don't know about that but what I can say is that he is a VERY proud Cork man who so far has given MORE service to Cork hurling over a period of 40 plus years - more service and dedication than ever most if not all of these lads ever will. That's not being disrespectful - that's just a fact that cannot be argued against.

Ya I've never said other wise. But you don't think the players are VERY proud Cork men, he has given more because he's been around longer
The players have shown NO respect to Mc Carthy  - they've embarassed him and themselves in the process by going on live TV, running to the papers etc etc. This is why the general GAA public are with Mc Carthy on this one. There is a sense and a feeling amongst the GAA public that Mc Carthy is 100% right in taking the stance that he has and most people want to see him carry it through IF the players are not prepared to withdraw their threats.

He's f**k all respect for them. He doesn't listen to them, he didn't follow through in his agreements with the players. He's ran to the media a hell lot more then the players, you know that, there was a week straight when you couldn't turn on the radio without hearig McCarthy whinge and look for public support. The players didn't run to the media, McCarthy did. He's embarassed the players, he leaked a confidential document to make the players look two faced. Why the public is behind McCarthy is because they are sick of the players, but I guarantee you that there isn't a person out there who knows what's REALLY going on, and I don't mean your average joe who believes everything the papers says, I mean everyone who actually knows what's going on backs the players. The rest are just that, average joe readers who let the media and such influence them. They don't bother adding two and two together to get the actual real answer. Not everyone thinkgs that McCarthy is 100% right.

With regard to Mc Carthy leaking the document, I can't comment because I like you have no evidence that Mc Carthy leaked it. Maybe somebody else did and you're blaming Mc Carthy in the wrong. I honestly don't know but I would go round calling somebody like Mc Carthy a liar without being fully au fait with the situation.

He was the ONLY person who had the document, no one else, the lad who came in, the facilitator pretty much said that. There was only one copy and that copy was with McCarthy. No one else had it. It couldn't have been anyone else but McCarthy. But if something like that happened to the players, you'd have no problem criticising them. According to you McCarthy can't do anything wrong. Yet you'd call the players liars in one second. That was wrong. There is only one copy of that he is the ONLY person who had it. There was no way, no matter what you would like to think, that it could have been anyone else.

I'm sure that you have ( cos I have ) played under managers who you thought were either no good or who you didn't particularly like. But we got on with it. But none of the managers I played under had legendary status such as Mc Carthy - the players seem to think that they're nearly better than this old fogie. It's a modern phenomenon. The Cork players fail to understand that managing Cork and playing for Cork is an honour. They seem to have taken their eye off the ball and some of them reckon that if they get rid of Mc Carthy and get a new man in they can beat KK. Sure you couldn't beat Tipperary last year. The team is ageing and the old hands can't seem to accept this.

We weren't expected to win AIs every year. You weren't expected to put up with the CB who do everything in their power to distrupt the players. They know full well what an honour it is, and what you are saying, well clearly you don't know if they know or not. You keep making presumptions with no proof, just your opinion.

As for my knowledge of Cork hurling, I bow to your greater knowledge but I haven't insulted you by saying that you know F--K all. I know my limitations. The Cork players don't. But I do know that whatever about the county board and whatever about Mc Carthy as a manager, the players have acted disgracefully and said some particularly nasty things to Mc Carthy.

They know their limitations, and again you keep making these assumptions with no proof, just your low oppinion of the players, that have no backing at all. You clearly have and always have had a clear low oppinion of players, that you clearly no nothing about. He's been disgraceful, he's acted childish, he made all of this personal. He's done nasty things to McCarthy..wait what exactly do you think that the players have done??

You put yourself into Mc Carthy's shoes and try and see it from his perspective and you mght be able to see where he's coming from.

Ya, a manager out of his depth. Put yourself in the players shoes, look at their point of view..you wont. You wont and don't give them the time of day.

Of course he's a hurt man - of course he's annoyed - of course he's going to stand and fight - that's what epitomised Cork hurling in the 70's and 80's. It's a pity the players weren't prepared to share the same ethics that Mc Carthy had whenever he played. But maybe the company cars and the obvious perks have blurred the vision.

Of course the playrs are hurt, of course they are annoyed, of course they are going to stand and fight, they've been doing so for 6 years. You talk about not disrespecting the players..please, they've given so much to hurling, that sentence right there shows me two things..you know feck all about these players, and you have no respect for them, because they have given what has been asked of them and much, MUCH, more. And you say I have no respect. Go pick up a book, Corcoran's diary, Blood Brothers..etc. Go talk to Donal O Grady, Allen..etc they will tell you that they are the greatest bunch of people that they have ever worked with, the most commited, who would give anything and put their bodies, and their reputations on the line for the county (which they are doing now.) And this crap about cars, which is a made up rumour, because I've pretty much hard cold facts that do not back that. But your opinion of that, what about the KK players who get perks like that, what about all the other players who get perks, which they all have earned like that, stop being so bloody bitter and jealous.

And finally, I'll repeat my assertion that there were no strikes or boycott of medal presentations in 2004 and 2005.

And again clearly highlighted from this sentence, they didn't boycott or going on strike because from 2003 to 2006
the Cb had nothing to do with it and they had fantastic managers who backed them against the board, who stop up for the players.

Do your talking on the hurling field - not in newspapers and Primetime etc etc.

You are such a hypocrite, McCarthy has been on the media a hell lot more then the players and I can find the articles and radio interviews to show it. So stop bullshitting and whinging.

There maybe problems with Mc Carthy and the training.

But Mc Carthy, gentleman that he is, is prepared to bring in new blood. He genuinely thought he had Mike Mc Gurn on board - much as you say he was lying about this as well, he wasn't. It was NOT a PR stunt - it was a genuine, bona fide attempt to bring the best Cork playerr back on board.

You DO NOT no McCarthy. So again stop talking through your arse. He did not think he had McGurn on board, again stuff you are making up to proove it, again, bullshit. He LIED yes, LIED, to the media, blew his own trumpet, look at me, look at the "coup" I got. He then turns around after he was showed up in the media, (again if the players had done something like this you'd be ripping them to shreads, calling them a disgrace and such) and says that McGurn didn't take the job because of massive media speculation, which is again, bullshit. He lied, got caught out, and lied again. There's been NO speculation, at all. And I mean AT ALL. How do you know that it wasn't a PR stunt, how do you know it's genuine attempt to get the players back. You don't know, you are making things up again, to suit your opinion. You think he's genuine with no proof or fact or anything, but you don't give the players the time of day. Atleast call it what it is.

There are rights and wrongs on both sides but the players CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO PICK THE MANAGER - IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE OR IN ANY OTHER SPORT.

THE PLAYERS DO NOT, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT, WANT TO PICK THE MANAGER, FOR THE 100th TIME. HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT. You don't listen, you don't want to know, because if it doesn't suit your opinion it's wrong or you ignore it.

The Cork striking players need to take a good hard long look at themselves but sadly they've dug themselves such a hole, I fear they're in danger of bringing a lot of great hurlers' careers to a premature end. The choice is theirs. Mc Carthy would take them back in the morning as Mc Carthy has been round enough corners to know that it's not all about him or the players - there is a bigger picture.

McCarthy and the CB need to take a good hard look at themselves, the way they have treated the players is a disgrace, and it's gone on for years with this CB. McCarthy would in his f**k take the players back. If McCarthy was as great as you say, he'd no when to walk away, great men, great managers in all code of sport no when to walk away, when they can't bring the players forward. But he's stayed, despite telling the players that he was leaving, despite deserving to get fired, and he stayed because of his bruised ego.

So tell the players to open their eyes - use the diplomacy that is being offered. Don't bite off the hand that feeds you.

Open your eyes, I mean really. Potatoe, Potato.  ::) ::)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 08:16:53 PM
I'm going out to midnight mass here now !  ;)

So it's been a lively discussion, sometimes heated, but for the moment, Reillers, Realrelbel and all who have contributed to the thread ( which sets a record for a hurling thread ), have a very Happy Christmas.

We'll no doubt chat later.

Reillers  - I'll pray at mass for an end to the dispute and the misguided players !!!.  ;)

It's half it. I've been and come from 7 mass.

But ya, you two.

Reillers

Quote from: hardstation on December 24, 2008, 08:38:09 PM
QuotePotatoe, Potato
Potato. Potatoe isn't a real word. Is it?

It was a..fine, tomato, tomato..oh you know what I mean.

Reillers

Quote from: hardstation on December 24, 2008, 08:42:33 PM
Merry Christmas Reillers. Eat and drink plenty, it's not like you'll be playing anytime soon. ;)

Ah you never no..peace talks and all. The players might end up sneaking the roses in the back of the car again out in Fermoy any day now..(we can all dream.) I think all hurlers should be on stand by..the rate they're going through hurlers at the minute, anyone could get a call up.. ;D  ;)

Nollaig Shona Duit freisin!!