McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 11:34:58 PM
Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 10:48:48 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 07:49:11 PM

Maybe it is a case of the players simply not being able to deal with it - Donal Og isn't the force of old - Sean Og, Gardiner, the twins  - but that's no shame - they were mighty men.

It's when you have to talk hurling is when you let yourself down OM. Sean Og and Ben had as good a season last year as any before, Gardiner was efficient as always and Jerry was unfit all year.

Donal Og was sent off once (it happens) and all of a sudden he's a bad keeper. He's keeping Coleman and Nash on the bench, he can't be that shabby. That he might be keeping his place due to his influence in the dressing room doesn't sit too nicely with "Ger being his own man", does it? Not 12 months ago he would have been in a lot of people's eyes one of the top keepers in the country. But now he's not the force of old? ::)
I wonder does the animosity come from his prominent position in another organisation, nothing to do with Cork.

If you'd picked any of Diarmuid, Niall Mac (although he too was injury hampered) or Deane I might listen to ya but your speciality subject is obviously winding up pro player posters and NOT Hurling. No harm in that, although I'd stick to the football if you want to be taken seriously.

I wasn't specifically referring to this year - I was simply making the point that the miles are on the clock with regard to the more senior members of the panel.

I'm not trying to wind pro player posters up. Far from it.

It has always been a wish of mine throughout this process that the manager and players would sit down and compromisie in some way.

But the players it seems won't meet anybody. So how can they be taken seriously ?.

He's right, when it comes to talking hurling you fall down. You bitch and bitch about the players but when it comes to the players you seem to be clueless..like never hearing of Pat Horgan..

And why use Sean Og, Ga and the twins as example. Ben got an AllStar and has been fantastic season after season, including this season, Jerry played the entire season injured, Sean Og had a decent season and has been one of the most consistant players for Cork for years, and Ga did an amazing job moving back into FB when he would have hated it. He's been part of a superb Cork defence.
Steves right, if you had said Deane or Sully then I would have seen where you're coming from, but the others, why pick players who've shown no sign of getting any worse.

QuoteI'm not trying to wind pro player posters up. Far from it.
Come on we all know that you enjoy it.

QuoteBut the players it seems won't meet anybody. So how can they be taken seriously ?.

Why can't you take the players seriously, Gerald Mac has been prove to be lying yet not a word from your "unbiased" self. But if it was the players who'd done it you'd be on here bitching and moaning, calling them a disgrace and ripping shreads off them.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 11:40:28 PM
No you're nitpicking because players in both codes get the same up and down the country. WRONG - THEY DON'T GET THE SAME UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY - CORK ARE IN A PRIVELIGED POSITION.

They want McCarthy gone and ya, they'd love, the entire of Cork GAA would love if Frank left.
SO WHICH IS IT ? WILL THE PLAYERS GO BACK IF MC CARTHY RESIGNS ???

Ok sorry in top counties they do. Don't bullshit me saying that they don't. They are in a priveliged position because the players have gotten themselves ther.

They want McCarthy gone, if he goes, they'll come back, or so they say.

I don't have all the answers so stop acting like I'm encharge of the whole thing.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 12:19:55 AM
No you're nitpicking because players in both codes get the same up and down the country. WRONG - THEY DON'T GET THE SAME UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY - CORK ARE IN A PRIVELIGED POSITION.

They want McCarthy gone and ya, they'd love, the entire of Cork GAA would love if Frank left.

Ok sorry in top counties they do. Don't bullshit me saying that they don't. They are in a priveliged position because the players have gotten themselves ther.

I don't have all the answers so stop acting like I'm encharge of the whole thing.

Brilliant - so you've been telling nothing only downright lies as past 85 or so pages -

You have consistently stated that's it's not about Mc Carthy and even admitted a few posts ago that were it not for circumstances that Mc Carthy found himself in, Mc Carthy might very well have been a good man. You have been on here talking about Frank the devil and how it's all Frank's fault, how he controls the delegates etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

And now you turn round and tell me that the players will go back if Mc Carthy steps aside and the players win their battle and let some softie in who they can tell what to do and how they should be trained etc etc.

The cat is out of the bag !!!!!!!!!

You should be apologising to Frank Murphy and the board for all the nasty comments you made about them.

You should be apologising to Mc Carthy for saying a lot of negative things about him, principally the one about him being a lair when the only doublespeak ( being kind to you ) has been coming from you and the players.

It's Christmas Eve so you should avail of this opportunity to make Peace !!!   ;) ;)

orangeman

Right - tell me how many Cork players get cars supplied to them please.

And while you're at it, tell me the counties where players get cars supplied.

This is the whole crux of the problem - the players are now totally focussed on pay for play and getting all the perks of the day - all led by Donal GPA Cusack, Ga, Sean Og etc etc.

Bring in the young lads - I'm sure they don't want a company car -all they want is a jersey to wear on a Sunday - the current team have the medals which they earned on the field - they didn't "earn" a company car !!!! It was as a result of the families, communities, county board that they were born into. They were privileged from birth.

orangeman

BREAKING NEWS :

Cork GAA President Derry Gowen is aiming for a peaceful start to the new year for the Cork senior hurlers after revealing that a facilitator has been appointed to try and resolve the growing conflict between players and management.

In a statement issued last night, Gowen revealed that the process is already in motion in a bid to resolve the conflict which has developed between the Rebels' hurlers and their manager Gerald McCarthy in recent months.

'I am pleased to confirm that I have appointed an independent chairman to facilitate a meeting between all parties involved in the current Cork hurling impasse,' Gowen enthused.

'The appointment flows from the initiative agreed at the recent Cork County Board Convention and follows sustained dialogue by me with the County Board, the team manager Gerald McCarthy and player representatives.'

Although Gowen heavily praised the involvement of the third party in helping to resolve the dispute, the name of the facilitator was not revealed.

'I am extremely grateful that the chairman, who has no active involvement with the GAA, has agreed to take on the responsibility.

'He will operate fully independently of any of the parties involved and has taken on the position on the basis that his role will be confidential.'

And Gowen also stressed the importance of all those involved throwing their weight behind the decisions of the chairman.

'I urge all involved to co-operate fully with the chairman whose responsibility it will be to convene a meeting of all concerned as a matter of urgency.

'I wish to sincerely thank the representatives of all parties involved for there co-operation with me in this matter.'

realrebel

right lads and lassies
i want to wish everybody a happy christmas and new year except u reillers  ;D only messing
lets put our differences behind us for at least a day
then we can tear the head each other friday again ;D

orangeman

Quote from: realrebel on December 24, 2008, 01:26:49 PM
right lads and lassies
i want to wish everybody a happy christmas and new year except u reillers  ;D only messing

Could we not have a truce ? All the sides in a war usually call a true between now and 2nd January - but I suspect Reillers is enjoying this too much to let go of it.

But I'll second that Happy Christmas to everyone including Gerald, St. Francis, the strikers, the new players, the CB, supporters and posters on all sides.  ;) ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 11:00:19 AM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 12:19:55 AM

Brilliant - so you've been telling nothing only downright lies as past 85 or so pages -

You have consistently stated that's it's not about Mc Carthy and even admitted a few posts ago that were it not for circumstances that Mc Carthy found himself in, Mc Carthy might very well have been a good man. You have been on here talking about Frank the devil and how it's all Frank's fault, how he controls the delegates etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

And now you turn round and tell me that the players will go back if Mc Carthy steps aside and the players win their battle and let some softie in who they can tell what to do and how they should be trained etc etc.

The cat is out of the bag !!!!!!!!!

You should be apologising to Frank Murphy and the board for all the nasty comments you made about them.

You should be apologising to Mc Carthy for saying a lot of negative things about him, principally the one about him being a lair when the only doublespeak ( being kind to you ) has been coming from you and the players.

It's Christmas Eve so you should avail of this opportunity to make Peace !!!   ;) ;)

Oh sweet mother of God.

The players said, I've said, the whole bloody country has said that the players said that they will go back if McCarthy goes, you know that. Do I think the real problem is McCarthy..no I think the real problem is Frank Murphy. But it's what the players say.

And yet again you ignore the posts that you can't answer. Will you please answer my above posts instead of ignoring them..yet agian.

I'm beginning to think you're actually slow or 10 years old and are unable to process anything that's said to you for more then five seconds.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 11:04:38 AM

This is the whole crux of the problem - the players are now totally focussed on pay for play and getting all the perks of the day - all led by Donal GPA Cusack, Ga, Sean Og etc etc.

Bring in the young lads - I'm sure they don't want a company car -all they want is a jersey to wear on a Sunday - the current team have the medals which they earned on the field - they didn't "earn" a company car !!!! It was as a result of the families, communities, county board that they were born into. They were privileged from birth.

What are you on about now.
How the hell am I supposed to know who gets what.
The players have openly said, I've lost count on how many times that they do not want pay for play. Is their word not good enough??

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on December 24, 2008, 01:26:49 PM
right lads and lassies

Woops..just saw this now.  ;D :D

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 01:44:46 PM

The players have openly said, I've lost count on how many times that they do not want pay for play. Is their word not good enough??

After last year ??? Frankly ( pardon the pun ) NO !!!

You said that players up and down the country get cars - then you said only top counties - so which counties and which players ???

orangeman

The players said, I've said, the whole bloody country has said that the players said that they will go back if McCarthy goes, you know that. Do I think the real problem is McCarthy..no I think the real problem is Frank Murphy. But it's what the players say.

The whole bloody country ? You're delusional and so are the players if they think Mc Carthy is going to run away from a few lads that have lost the run of themselves and who patently are more interested in a few freebies than pulling on a Cork jersey.  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:04:41 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 01:44:46 PM

After last year ??? Frankly ( pardon the pun ) NO !!!

You said that players up and down the country get cars - then you said only top counties - so which counties and which players ???

How the hell am I suppsed to no. I know that players around the country in both codes get privaleges, not all teams, but some players. And that's just a rumour what ye are saying.
It's funny how quickly you take some peoples word and not other.

You gave out to me for apparently lying which I haven't, but you still haven't said a word about McCarthy lying.
You continue to ignore my posts and wont reply.
Always when there are hard questions.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:08:55 PM

The whole bloody country ? You're delusional and so are the players if they think Mc Carthy is going to run away from a few lads that have lost the run of themselves and who patently are more interested in a few freebies than pulling on a Cork jersey.  ;)

Everyone knows that the players have said that they will come back if McCarthy is gone. What's the problem there. McCarthy is too stuborn to leave. He's left his egp get in the way, his hurt pride, he's not seeing things clearly. He's staying on princepal now because he's wounded. But every great manager knows when it's time to leave, when they can't bring the club or county or whatever, any further and he's either failed to see that or ignores it. But he's bloody lucky, if he was in a county where the CB did their job he'd have been fired by now. And that's the truth.

You're such a bullshitter like, you say you've no problem with the players, grow a set and tell the truth. They aren't interested in the freebies and you really are just talking through you ass at this stage.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2008, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 02:08:55 PM

Everyone knows that the players have said that they will come back if McCarthy is gone. What's the problem there. McCarthy is too stuborn to leave. He's left his egp get in the way, his hurt pride, he's not seeing things clearly. He's staying on princepal now because he's wounded. But every great manager knows when it's time to leave, when they can't bring the club or county or whatever, any further and he's either failed to see that or ignores it. But he's bloody lucky, if he was in a county where the CB did their job he'd have been fired by now. And that's the truth.

You're such a bullshitter like, you say you've no problem with the players, grow a set and tell the truth. They aren't interested in the freebies and you really are just talking through you ass at this stage.

Saying that Mc Carthy has an ego is a bit rich coming from you who are supporting the players whose ego is not being served well by a man who is a bigger legend than any of them will ever be. If he has an ego ( which he hasn't ) in your words he might have earned it more than the lads who are telling him to go.

The greatness that surrounds Mc Carthy is now starting to appear - he has spooted that the ageing players have lost the hunger, the drive and are now only prepared to fight for the perks that are assocaited with the status of being a Crok hurler - he has rightly spotted that the younger lads provide more options than a group of lads who get a nose blee if they don't have a row or a strike going by the time November comes around.

Noticeably there were NO strikes in 2004 and 2005.