McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 03:11:42 PM
Honestly lads, I love Cork hurling - I love watching them and I'd love you see ye all back out again.
The county board obviously have a case to answer in a lot of respects - maybe the manager as well - but the players have come out of this smelling of shite.

They should go back and make their points from within - not from outside.

Just to bring a little balance to the debate which is sadly lacking in your posts.  ;)

Reillers

OMG would you just answer the bloody post instead of ignoring it and hoping around it!!

INDIANA

1- there are indications that some of the younger players will go back. That i know that for  a fact. But the bulk of the squad won't play for Mc Carthy. So the return of some of the younger players means little or nothing in the scheme of things. They'll be hammered in the championship.

2- Of course the players want to see the team get hammered Zulu, its human nature. Cork get hammered, Mc Carthy gets the boot and the players might get back. They may not be asked back back by a new manager but they have a better chance than under Mc Carthy. To say anything else is fantasy. There is no way the senior players want Cork to do well under Mc carthy, not a chance.

3- The process is flawed but the players refusal to engage in dialogue in this situation doesn't help things at the moment. No -one disputes the process was flawed but where do they go from here?

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on December 14, 2008, 06:26:49 PM
1- there are indications that some of the younger players will go back. That i know that for  a fact. But the bulk of the squad won't play for Mc Carthy. So the return of some of the younger players means little or nothing in the scheme of things. They'll be hammered in the championship.

2- Of course the players want to see the team get hammered Zulu, its human nature. Cork get hammered, Mc Carthy gets the boot and the players might get back. They may not be asked back back by a new manager but they have a better chance than under Mc Carthy. To say anything else is fantasy. There is no way the senior players want Cork to do well under Mc carthy, not a chance.

3- The process is flawed but the players refusal to engage in dialogue in this situation doesn't help things at the moment. No -one disputes the process was flawed but where do they go from here?

The first one is speculation. Nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

The players don't want to see the kids get hammered, they don't. Honestly they don't. They want McCarthy gone, but they don't want to see the kids get absoluetly distroyed.
TBH the problem isn't Gerald, it's with the CB, whether Gerald looses or not under the new team still wont get rid of the big problem-the board.
No, flawed means one or two small problems. EVERYTHING is wrong with the board and the way in which Gerald was reappointed.
Why should they have to play under the board like that, who show such blatant hate, disrespect and will to get rid of the players, and they don't even try to hide it.

orangeman

Reillers - who was it that said that the Sullivans were going back ? Was it you or Steve - maybe it was Steve - so apologies for blaming you in the wrong.

I've no proof to say that sonme of the players are definitely going back - just rumoours from some folk I've been speaking to that would be conected.

Again I've no written, physical proof that the players want Cork to get hammered but that line has been used by the players - wait till we see them hammered and  see how Mc Carthy and the CB look after they get a few trouncings - they'll be begging us to play ! If that is the philosophy, then again the thinking is flawed - Cork general public would much rather see a 4th or 5th string ( as you describe them very disrespectfully ) going out and playing for the jersey than a shower of spoilt brats ( not my words but the perception of some ) who don't want to play for tyhe team under the current management.

As I have already pointed out, the CB do have a lot of questions to answer but until such times as the ENTIRE Cork county board is voted out or got rid of, they're the bosses, whether you, the players or I like it or not.

Happy now ?  ;)

I know I don't have all the answers - I know I'm not on the ground like you are - but I do talk to people who are on the ground and quite close to the situation. Obviously we're going to have different views, coming from different perspectives.

But you don't have all the answers either and are quite economical with the "truth" when it suits.  ;)

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 14, 2008, 06:32:00 PM

The players don't want to see the kids get hammered, they don't. Honestly they don't. They want McCarthy gone, but they don't want to see the kids get absoluetly distroyed.
TBH the problem isn't Gerald, it's with the CB, whether Gerald looses or not under the new team still wont get rid of the big problem-the board.
No, flawed means one or two small problems. EVERYTHING is wrong with the board and the way in which Gerald was reappointed.
Why should they have to play under the board like that, who show such blatant hate, disrespect and will to get rid of the players, and they don't even try to hide it.

One minute the players want Mc Carthy gone - a sceond later - Gerald isn't the problem.  ??? ::) ::)

Might the players  have shown hate and disrespect at any stage throughout the process or is all coming from the county board ?

At least I've brought a modicum of balance but you're just totally and ridiculously one sided.

Zulu

Quote1- there are indications that some of the younger players will go back. That i know that for  a fact. But the bulk of the squad won't play for Mc Carthy. So the return of some of the younger players means little or nothing in the scheme of things. They'll be hammered in the championship.

I haven't heard that any of the players want to go back myself though i have heard of the rumours that some do, but one way or another it is largely speculation.

None of us can say what the players think, some might want them to be beaten, some might not but no one can post that they do with any degree of credibility.

There is no point in talking with a CB that repeatedly screw you over at every opportunity.

QuoteAgain I've no written, physical proof that the players want Cork to get hammered but that line has been used by the players - wait till we see them hammered and  see how Mc Carthy and the CB look after they get a few trouncings - they'll be begging us to play !

No they haven't OM nowhere have the players said or suggested anything of the sort.

QuoteCork general public would much rather see a 4th or 5th string ( as you describe them very disrespectfully ) going out and playing for the jersey than a shower of spoilt brats ( not my words but the perception of some ) who don't want to play for tyhe team under the current management.

You just can't help yourself OM, there are plenty of Cork fans who are refusing to support Cork under the present circumstances and will not attend any games they play. Obviously there will be different views but the Cork GAA public is very divided on this so no one can say what the general public feel.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 06:42:44 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 14, 2008, 06:32:00 PM

One minute the players want Mc Carthy gone - a sceond later - Gerald isn't the problem.  ??? ::) ::)

Might the players  have shown hate and disrespect at any stage throughout the process or is all coming from the county board ?

At least I've brought a modicum of balance but you're just totally and ridiculously one sided.

Here we go again, it's like this is the first time we've discussed it.

It's not one minute they want McCarthy gone, a second later he isn't the problem. The MAIN problem in all of this is the board, I've said it about 200 times at this stage, not just for one second or one minute, it's all the time, ALL THE TIME.

You're defending the CB now..are you kidding me. THe players act back how they are treated, they've never, not for one day in their careers been treated with respect from the CB.
Geralds a legend imo and the players as well, I see both sides, you just actually took what I just said about you, about being ridiculously one sided and more biased then us, and said it about me..well done.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 14, 2008, 06:49:16 PM
Quote1- there are indications that some of the younger players will go back. That i know that for  a fact. But the bulk of the squad won't play for Mc Carthy. So the return of some of the younger players means little or nothing in the scheme of things. They'll be hammered in the championship.

I haven't heard that any of the players want to go back myself though i have heard of the rumours that some do, but one way or another it is largely speculation.

None of us can say what the players think, some might want them to be beaten, some might not but no one can post that they do with any degree of credibility.

There is no point in talking with a CB that repeatedly screw you over at every opportunity.

QuoteAgain I've no written, physical proof that the players want Cork to get hammered but that line has been used by the players - wait till we see them hammered and  see how Mc Carthy and the CB look after they get a few trouncings - they'll be begging us to play !

No they haven't OM nowhere have the players said or suggested anything of the sort.

QuoteCork general public would much rather see a 4th or 5th string ( as you describe them very disrespectfully ) going out and playing for the jersey than a shower of spoilt brats ( not my words but the perception of some ) who don't want to play for tyhe team under the current management.

You just can't help yourself OM, there are plenty of Cork fans who are refusing to support Cork under the present circumstances and will not attend any games they play. Obviously there will be different views but the Cork GAA public is very divided on this so no one can say what the general public feel.

Away ay that with you ! You tired that one last year but it was shown to be rubbish - you were marching through the city last year like fools after gathering up a couple of hundred boys out of the pub on a Monday night - boys who hadn't been working or who hadn't made it home yet.  ;) ;)

What does the poll say ? I suppose you'll say it's not representative and has been fixed in some way or that it's not relevant.  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 06:38:57 PM
Reillers - who was it that said that the Sullivans were going back ? Was it you or Steve - maybe it was Steve - so apologies for blaming you in the wrong.

I've no proof to say that sonme of the players are definitely going back - just rumoours from some folk I've been speaking to that would be conected.

Again I've no written, physical proof that the players want Cork to get hammered but that line has been used by the players - wait till we see them hammered and  see how Mc Carthy and the CB look after they get a few trouncings - they'll be begging us to play ! If that is the philosophy, then again the thinking is flawed - Cork general public would much rather see a 4th or 5th string ( as you describe them very disrespectfully ) going out and playing for the jersey than a shower of spoilt brats ( not my words but the perception of some ) who don't want to play for tyhe team under the current management.

And no, not all the Cork public are behind these players, not all will go out and watch them, I know a good chunk of fans who refuse to go to anymore Cork matches while the CB/McCarthy are still in place.

As I have already pointed out, the CB do have a lot of questions to answer but until such times as the ENTIRE Cork county board is voted out or got rid of, they're the bosses, whether you, the players or I like it or not.

Happy now ?  ;)

I know I don't have all the answers - I know I'm not on the ground like you are - but I do talk to people who are on the ground and quite close to the situation. Obviously we're going to have different views, coming from different perspectives.

But you don't have all the answers either and are quite economical with the "truth" when it suits.  ;)

I don't remember anyone saying that Sully and Sully Og were going back.

They are the 4th string team, that's what they are. The squad are two teams, there are about 10 plus players who are also refusing to play, the team that's there now, with the exception of about 5 wouldn't get anywhere near the squad if everyone made themselves available. It's not a matter of oppinion, it's pretty much fact based.

Quotegoing out and playing for the jersey than a shower of spoilt brats ( not my words but the perception of some ) who don't want to play for tyhe team under the current management.

Cut the bull, it's what you think, if they weren't your words, then why use them, we all know what you think and it's ridiculous comments like that which just confirm it.

QuoteAs I have already pointed out, the CB do have a lot of questions to answer but until such times as the ENTIRE Cork county board is voted out or got rid of, they're the bosses, whether you, the players or I like it or not.

Ok so in your opinion whenever something is that wrong, you should have to put up with it, because that's how it is, and they're in charge, so we should just do nothing, because it's how it is..what a joke.

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 04:02:39 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 03:38:36 PM
You don't listen to a word I say do you. You don't want to hear the truth, you're just obsesed with the story. You're convinced the players are lying.

I never said that the players are whiter then white, I said nothing like that. I actually said God only knows how many times by now that I didn't agree with their actions, yet you continue to whinge.

The board, and everyone who knows this has said it and the list is getting linger by the minute, know that the CB are responsible for everything that is wrong with Cork GAA be it with the senior Cork hurlers or down right to the grass roots.
You continue to bullshit. You go on about you knowing pretty well the runnings of Cork GAA yet you come out with stupid questions like did Pa Horgan have a run out with Cork yet, or saying that the politics why certain players aren't playing is actually player power, wait no sorry it was player power one second, even though it has got nothing, absolutley nothing to do with the players, then you say that it's only being brought up now, that's it's convinent. If you had the slightest, tiniest hint of an idea how Cork GAA was run, you'd know that players who aren't playing who should be has been happening for YEARS.

More and more people are coming out and bashing the CB, the players are finally coming out and telling the truth, like the 2 boys did on The Last Word, and like journos like Humphries has been doing.

Yet you wont listen to me, to anyone else on here, to journo like Humphries who actually knows, the guys on The Last Word, John Allen..etc. The list goes on, and why, why don't you believe them or listen to them. Because you don't want to, you don't want to hear the truth because that would mean that the players actions would be justified. Because God forbid the real truth got out, they'd then have 100% backing from everyone if it did.

Do you really think I give to shits about what some guy up in Sligo or Kerry or Antrim thinks? The people who know, the people who get it and know the real situation back the players against the board 100%.

Holland knew he was beaten, but again it wasn't about him. It was the board blatantly and obviously making a statement and the players were 100% entitled to do what they did.
This year, poor Gerald, legend. I said I didn't like the way he was being treated.
But I'm sure it's been mentioned, or you know because you know a bit about the inner workings of Cork GAA, that Gerald wasn't going to take the job again, this was before he was approached by the polayers, he said he wouldn't be interested. And now, just because his pride is hurt he's stayed in it, purely for personal gain, because of his pride.
So he leaks a confidential private document, tells blatant lies to the press and gets everyone wrapped around his little finger, he's won the PR battle all right, it's clear by you that he's influenced the every day paper readers.
But it doesn't mean it's the truth. You think he's whiter then white, yet it fails to hit you that he's made it personal and irreversable every time he's spoken to the press, he's been bitchy and lying about the players. What about the document he leaked, all because his pride was hurt.?? Forget about that did we?? He's a legend and I respect him but the game he's playing is destroying what's left of possible resolution, because he's so hell bent on getting the sympathy vote.

And low and behold, the most condemning thing so far, the most obvious revealing sign, is that Frank Murphy hasn't said a word, as per usual, and his silence is deafening.

He's going to sit and wait, until it's too late for the players to come back and he'll get what he's always wanted, complete control.
Control over success.

Just read those bits in obld and see how utterly confused or hypocritical you really are !

Legend one minute and then a liar the next !!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

A legend - a liar - only interested in himself - will say and od anything to get his way ...     etc etc etc -

There's no point covering yourself by saying he's a legend and then throwing that pile of shite at him in the next breath.

Zulu

QuoteAway ay that with you ! You tired that one last year but it was shown to be rubbish - you were marching through the city last year like fools after gathering up a couple of hundred boys out of the pub on a Monday night - boys who hadn't been working or who hadn't made it home yet

You don't think there is a serious division of opinions in Cork? You think that the vast majority of supporters are behind the CB and Gerald, could you back this up with any proof?

QuoteWhat does the poll say ?

What poll?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 07:02:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 04:02:39 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 03:38:36 PM
You don't listen to a word I say do you. You don't want to hear the truth, you're just obsesed with the story. You're convinced the players are lying.

I never said that the players are whiter then white, I said nothing like that. I actually said God only knows how many times by now that I didn't agree with their actions, yet you continue to whinge.

The board, and everyone who knows this has said it and the list is getting linger by the minute, know that the CB are responsible for everything that is wrong with Cork GAA be it with the senior Cork hurlers or down right to the grass roots.
You continue to bullshit. You go on about you knowing pretty well the runnings of Cork GAA yet you come out with stupid questions like did Pa Horgan have a run out with Cork yet, or saying that the politics why certain players aren't playing is actually player power, wait no sorry it was player power one second, even though it has got nothing, absolutley nothing to do with the players, then you say that it's only being brought up now, that's it's convinent. If you had the slightest, tiniest hint of an idea how Cork GAA was run, you'd know that players who aren't playing who should be has been happening for YEARS.

More and more people are coming out and bashing the CB, the players are finally coming out and telling the truth, like the 2 boys did on The Last Word, and like journos like Humphries has been doing.

Yet you wont listen to me, to anyone else on here, to journo like Humphries who actually knows, the guys on The Last Word, John Allen..etc. The list goes on, and why, why don't you believe them or listen to them. Because you don't want to, you don't want to hear the truth because that would mean that the players actions would be justified. Because God forbid the real truth got out, they'd then have 100% backing from everyone if it did.

Do you really think I give to shits about what some guy up in Sligo or Kerry or Antrim thinks? The people who know, the people who get it and know the real situation back the players against the board 100%.

Holland knew he was beaten, but again it wasn't about him. It was the board blatantly and obviously making a statement and the players were 100% entitled to do what they did.
This year, poor Gerald, legend. I said I didn't like the way he was being treated.
But I'm sure it's been mentioned, or you know because you know a bit about the inner workings of Cork GAA, that Gerald wasn't going to take the job again, this was before he was approached by the polayers, he said he wouldn't be interested. And now, just because his pride is hurt he's stayed in it, purely for personal gain, because of his pride.
So he leaks a confidential private document, tells blatant lies to the press and gets everyone wrapped around his little finger, he's won the PR battle all right, it's clear by you that he's influenced the every day paper readers.
But it doesn't mean it's the truth. You think he's whiter then white, yet it fails to hit you that he's made it personal and irreversable every time he's spoken to the press, he's been bitchy and lying about the players. What about the document he leaked, all because his pride was hurt.?? Forget about that did we?? He's a legend and I respect him but the game he's playing is destroying what's left of possible resolution, because he's so hell bent on getting the sympathy vote.

And low and behold, the most condemning thing so far, the most obvious revealing sign, is that Frank Murphy hasn't said a word, as per usual, and his silence is deafening.

He's going to sit and wait, until it's too late for the players to come back and he'll get what he's always wanted, complete control.
Control over success.

Just read those bits in obld and see how utterly confused or hypocritical you really are !

Legend one minute and then a liar the next !!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

A legend - a liar - only interested in himself - will say and od anything to get his way ...     etc etc etc -

There's no point covering yourself by saying he's a legend and then throwing that pile of shite at him in the next breath.

Can he not be all?? He was a legend of his player, what he did yesterday, what he did today and what he'll do tomorrow wont change that.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 14, 2008, 07:03:30 PM
QuoteAway ay that with you ! You tired that one last year but it was shown to be rubbish - you were marching through the city last year like fools after gathering up a couple of hundred boys out of the pub on a Monday night - boys who hadn't been working or who hadn't made it home yet

You don't think there is a serious division of opinions in Cork? You think that the vast majority of supporters are behind the CB and Gerald, could you back this up with any proof?

QuoteWhat does the poll say ?

What poll?

There's one on this section of theboard.

orangeman

Who do you support in the current stand off in Cork The Players  14 (18.4%)
The County Board/Gerald McCarthy  62 (81.6%)

Total Voters: 76