McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Ya Frank is the secetary. The man who can't be moved. The worst thing that has ever happened to Cork GAA.  :( :(

passedit

Quote from: Reillers on November 19, 2008, 10:41:43 PM
Ya Frank is the secetary. The man who can't be moved. The worst thing that has ever happened to Cork GAA.  :( :(

QuoteFrank Murphy (GAA)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Frank Murphy (born 1944 in Blackrock, County Cork) is the secretary of the Cork County Board of the Gaelic Athletic Association. In the past he has served as a hurling referee and as a selector with various Cork hurling teams. Murphy is regarded as an excellent Gaelic games administrator, however, is also considered to be a controversial figure.

Sporting positions
Preceded by  Con Murphy    Secretary of the Cork County Board of the GAA 1973-present    Succeeded by someone soon please

How, in any organisation that considers itself to be democratic can this be allowed to happen?
Don't Panic

brokencrossbar1

passedit he is there in a paid capacity not as a volunteer, therefore he is immovable.  He is there for as long as he wishes, as really he has no boss to answer to. 

passedit

BC I was aware that he is now paid, but not since 19 fcukin 73. What's the retirement age in mexico? They'd need to grow a set down there and pension the fcuker off asap!
Don't Panic

Kerry Mike

Da banks 2008

How oft in my thoughts are the hurlers on Strike?
Any chance they might actually play?
Do they want a new boss? Do they not give a toss?
Is it just that they want to get paid?
Is the training not great? Are the drills out of date?
Is the pasta not there for their tea?
Will the manager go? Frank Murphy says no.
On the banks of my own lovely Lee

Where we striked for some pay beneath each green leafy shade
On the banks of my own lovely Lee.

There's no end to this fight, we're all sick of this shite
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Quote from: Kerry Mike on November 19, 2008, 11:48:18 PM
Da banks 2008

How oft in my thoughts are the hurlers on Strike?
Any chance they might actually play?
Do they want a new boss? Do they not give a toss?
Is it just that they want to get paid?
Is the training not great? Are the drills out of date?
Is the pasta not there for their tea?
Will the manager go? Frank Murphy says no.
On the banks of my own lovely Lee

Where we striked for some pay beneath each green leafy shade

There's no end to this fight, we're all sick of this shite

Pure class KM !  ;) ;) :D :D

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: orangeman on November 19, 2008, 07:03:15 PM
I guarantee that Mc Carthy will be in charge next year and that they'll all be playing for him.

Thats the worst bet ever. not a chance that'll happen

Owenmoresider

Quote from: passedit on November 19, 2008, 11:15:19 PM

QuoteFrank Murphy (GAA)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Frank Murphy (born 1944 in Blackrock, County Cork) is the secretary of the Cork County Board of the Gaelic Athletic Association. In the past he has served as a hurling referee and as a selector with various Cork hurling teams. Murphy is regarded as an excellent Gaelic games administrator, however, is also considered to be a controversial figure.

Sporting positions
Preceded by  Con Murphy    Secretary of the Cork County Board of the GAA 1973-present    Succeeded by someone soon please

How, in any organisation that considers itself to be democratic can this be allowed to happen?
Should point out that our previous Secretary in Sligo had been in from 1970 until last year. It's not confined to Cork you know.

And I'll side with the CCB on this one. Players cannot decide who manages them, no matter how underhand or devious the intentions, if they don't like it walk away. But this lot seem to a very inflated sense of their own importance though. Speaking of which, with Donal Óg away in Zambia at the present time, I'm surprised there hasn't been any word of uprisings taking place there yet.

Reillers

Are you serious. I honestly think you came on here and didn't read a single post.

For the what has to be close to the 100th time, they don't want to pick the manager and no well informed self respecting GAA man should side with the board. They don't like it and last time I checked they had walked away.
The bit after that about self importance is again bullshit.
And you're about 40 pages too late about Donal Og.

cicfada

Quote from: Reillers on November 19, 2008, 08:16:27 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on November 19, 2008, 07:21:37 PM
Latest reports saying Jerry O'Sullivan will be the next chairman of the Cork county board, father of Diarmuid & Paudie, after all the other candidates withdrew. Any significance in this?
Is this the same O'Sullivan who managed the Munster inter-pro team a few years back?

There was a meeting, for 2 hours, and still no statement. But that seems to be the word on the street that JOS is the new chairman.

Now isn't Jerry O'Sullivan Diarmuid's father?? Interesting times ahead in that household!

cicfada

I remember in 1987 or so Frank taking the footballers off the pitch and refusing to play the extra time in Crok Park in a league semi-final! They were playing Dublin and the ref threw the ball into the Dublin lads, they went down the field and kiicked into an empty net thereby winning the match. A furious Dublin crowd surrounded the Cork team bus afterwards and were highly abusive!! But in the meantime look at the all the technicalities the same man has used to get players off down the years! one that sticks out is the extra sub used in a Munster football match, Anthony Lynch for his intent to strike  etc etc. Indeed he has got players off that are now calling on  him to resign!! Strikes me as ironic that the players that swear, Frank leads all the delegates ( a couple of hundred or so )  to vote one way or another, then deny that younger players are lead by 4 or 5 among a group of 30! There will be a huge crowd in Fermoy on Sunday I'd say!!

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on November 20, 2008, 12:58:11 AM
last time I checked they had walked away.

With all due respect Reillers, we've already clarified definitively that they haven't 'walked away'.

They've withdrew their services in order to gain leverage on their position. They are also pressuring others to not tog out for Cork.

They haven't walked away. They're on strike.

witnof

Quote from: heffo on November 20, 2008, 09:19:40 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 20, 2008, 12:58:11 AM
last time I checked they had walked away.

With all due respect Reillers, we've already clarified definitively that they haven't 'walked away'.

They've withdrew their services in order to gain leverage on their position. They are also pressuring others to not tog out for Cork.

They haven't walked away. They're on strike.

Heffo...it looks like a strike....smells like a strike.....but...hmmm is not a strike

orangeman

Lads - it's NOT a strike -

The players are simply refusing to play -

They're are accusing their employers of being dishonest and are contacting friendly journalists to run sympathetic stories for them.

They're ringing round the young lads and "encouraging" them not to cross the "picket line".

They're hoping that their footballing colleagues join in.

BUT IT'S NOT A STRIKE !!  ;)

passedit

QuoteBut in the meantime look at the all the technicalities the same man has used to get players off down the years! one that sticks out is the extra sub used in a Munster football match, Anthony Lynch for his intent to strike  etc etc. Indeed he has got players off that are now calling on  him to resign!!

Cic is this evidence for the defence of J edgar  :o :o . It's shit like this that really brings the association into disrepute.
Don't Panic