McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:28:49 AM
Do you think that the people should shut up??

I think that we all should put this to bed now.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:31:36 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:28:15 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:36:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 11:24:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:11:09 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 09:42:48 PM
There are plenty of Cork men on discussion boards who recognise that all is not rosy with their CB Zulu. Those very same men are 4 sqaure behind Ger McCarthy

OM's point is that these side swipes are not really relevant when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The CB and many others have had enough militancy from these boys and the vast majority people are in agreement that it is about time to.

Not all those very man are behind McCarthy. I think you'll find 90% (I haven't come across one yet) of the people who really know what's going on, back the hurlers against the board. Everyone of them know that their problem is the board. EVERY single issue in Cork GAA comes back to the board.

The board have enough militancy from these boys..poor them..they treat them like absolute crap, there's no respect, it's gotten to the point of sheer paranoia, the board since Allen resigned have been clawing the power back, hell bent on it.
The players fully believe and anyone involved with them thinks the same, that the wins were inspite of the board, and the board are upset, really annoyed that the wins had very little to nothing to do with them, they almost begrudge them. 4 finals in a row isn't enough, no, no..why because it had f**k all to do with them.

"Pause for breath. What was going through the minds of a few county board men as they saw the spikiest team in Cork's turbulent history being ribboned and shredded and their totem, their leader, taking the long walk. A championship defeat, yes, but control, complete control of the hurlers back with the blazers?"-Tom Humphries..and this was in the Galway game earlier this year. This is just a build up of all of that, of the hate and mistrust that's been there for years.

Ye don't understand that the players don't want to be in a position where they need to be on the panel who picks the manager, they do not want to pick the manager themselves. It's been said over and over again by people on the inside and the players themselves. Yet very little people believe them, yet Gerald blinks at the camera and says something and he's believed automatically..and people say they've nothing against the players, they're only kidding themselves.

Now you don't understand it, OM clearly doesn't if ye can't grasp the concept of the pitch then we might as well stop debating the issue here. The hate, the bitter undercurrent of hate has been there for years, the fuss now might be about the manager but it's about what their decision stood for.

1. 90% of the people are behind the players ?? You're in dreamland.

2. Gerald is believed automatically ??????? Why do you think that might be ???????

We've been discussing this thread now for about a month -   when did ANYBODY until today ( Sean Og ) mention that Pairc Ui Chaoimh was in decline ??? You didn't mention it - so the players have a meeting and decide to talk about the state of Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Oh I understand the whole
issue alright.

There you go, not reading again. 90% of the people who actually know what's going on back the board. Not idiots who eh..have some knowledge of it, or read the paper. People who actually, really know.

I know why I think Gerald is believed automatically and 30 plus players aren't.
Because Gerald has played the media, has pretty much lied on one or two things, but has been believed. The players have being trying to expose what's really going on till their blue in the face, what's really going on and they're questioned, and get the response, ah typical, while Gerald is believed straight away.
I know why I think, because he played the media like a violin and the players didn't basically.
And this is the 3rd time it's happened with these players..each time justified but it doesn't matter to the simple minded who refuse to believe the truth.

But you tell me, why do you automatically believe Gerald and not the players, and I'd like some proof to why you think the players are wrong.

I'm not close enough to the team, you are, so I can't really give you much by way of absolute proof -

But what I will say is this - the Cork general public / grass roots no longer have any sympathy for the hurlers - they've went to this particular well too many times - They've failed to deliver as past 3 years and all the Cork general public see is a team on the way out - What they say and do now isn't taken much heed of ( even if some of their points are valid ones ).

The Cork "general public" do not think (well the ones we've been talking to) that this is because they haven't won in 3 years, they dn't think that this is a scape goat, because to be quiet honest they, even the half deluded have more respect for them then that. Most realise that this isn't about loosing to KK.
At the end of the day, it is the bias, closed anti players who hold that oppinion, people who wont give them the time of day, honestly believe that this is about loosing to KK.

This is why the Cork general public are fed up - 2002 - 2007 and 2008 - they're sick of players trying to dictate.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:22:04 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 10:42:16 PM
Reillers, (you and) the players are so stuck in their own self importance, it's almost impossible for them to comprehend that they aren't the center of the GAA.

These diversionary arguments are what they are.

I think people who have been part of the GAA all their lives have had it pandering to militant young men who think they know it all when they obviously do not yet are all to quick to tell everybody else of their failings. These men are only now showing their character and in the long run the whole GAA will be a stronger orginisation for the stance that Ger McCarthy in particular is taking

Self importance..SELF IMPORTANCE..are you taking the piss. If it was about that, they'd have walked away long ago. KNOW IT ALL..they are trying to save Cork GAA..but no, no..you..you're ignorance is almost insulting. I've said it, the papers have said it, the players have said it.
Ger is not all innocent in this.
The CB are almost 90% responsible for the situation.
The players are being vilified but they, shockingly, not like ye'll read/believe me but they are the ones who are doing this with the best intentions.

IF Gerald wins this, if the GAA will be stronger if Gerald win it-ie the board. Then Cork GAA will die and I promise you that. That is how bad it is. If the hurlers, and it's a real shame they don't have the public backing, a weaker group of lads would have given in, but people don't realise and wont till it's too late, that if Cork players loose this, Cork GAA will die.

Clubs, at county level, underage structure, grounds, money, pitches..are all falling on their arse and will continue to spiral down. If the board win this fight they will go mad, they will have no one to fight them. The players are the only ones with the balls to take them on, and we'll have no one. The board will have complete control.
No success but control, which is THE most important thing to them. Clubs will drown, underage structures will collapse completley..and so on and so forth, and no one will stop them.

This entire team could go, but the problems will remane no matter what team is in place, it'll just be a question of if they'll, like the lads in front of them, will stand up and fight this cancer that is rotting Cork from the inside.

And I can't explain it any more then that.

You've made some outrageous claims in the past 41 pages but this takes the biscuit - you're starting to become delusional !

Cork GAA will die, I promose you that ????   ;) ;) :D :D :D
You said you've some knowledge of the running of Cork Gaa..then you should know that it's dying now. It's falling on it's feet. Christ like, Sean Og just basically said it this morning.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:32:17 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2008, 12:06:21 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:21:20 PM
And all this about well ours are just as bad, yet know one does anything about it..why, because the truth is no one else has the balls to stand up, like the Cork lads did. Stop crying in the dark and do something about it, stop letting Cork players stand on their own.

Fcuk me Reillers. Are you actually saying that every group of players who are unhappy with the way that their committee appoint a manager should publicly cry foul and humiliate the individuals concerned? Tell me how thats going to improve things again? I admire the honest but you really are showing yourself up? Remember Reillers these boys that go to committee meetings facilitate players, not pander to them or be humiliated by them. You really do live in a very  constricted world if you don't realise that the players have overstepped the mark? Sometimes you have to be around a bit longer to realise these things

No I'm saying if you keep saying how unhappy they are they should do something about it, not every single county team that has a few weeds in their pitch, but actual real problems, real claims like down here, then ya THEY (not all obviously) should do something about it.
The players are expected to put up or shut up, but they give much of their time for it, to just have to sit back and do nothing. Now if things were as bad in one county as they are in Cork, then maybe they should do something about it.

Do you think that the players should, despite giving all the time and effort and sacrifice, put up or shut up??

Aye - palyers get paid to play - not talk about the state of their pitch - I told you before - the issue about Croke Park is a sideshow, nothing less.

They don't get paid to pay..they are doing this in their free time-well, time that was made free by them. Huge sacrifices, they basically give up any life outside work. Their social life is their club and county, the sacrifices that they make, which get higher and higher every year, because every season it's the same, top class teams start training a month earlier then usual and then they go to the gym 2 times more then usually and goes like that year after year..and all for nothing (iin terms of money.)
If things are as bad as they are in Cork..should they, do ye, expect them to put up or shut up??

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:36:48 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:31:36 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:28:15 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:36:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 11:24:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:11:09 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 09:42:48 PM
There are plenty of Cork men on discussion boards who recognise that all is not rosy with their CB Zulu. Those very same men are 4 sqaure behind Ger McCarthy

OM's point is that these side swipes are not really relevant when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The CB and many others have had enough militancy from these boys and the vast majority people are in agreement that it is about time to.

Not all those very man are behind McCarthy. I think you'll find 90% (I haven't come across one yet) of the people who really know what's going on, back the hurlers against the board. Everyone of them know that their problem is the board. EVERY single issue in Cork GAA comes back to the board.

The board have enough militancy from these boys..poor them..they treat them like absolute crap, there's no respect, it's gotten to the point of sheer paranoia, the board since Allen resigned have been clawing the power back, hell bent on it.
The players fully believe and anyone involved with them thinks the same, that the wins were inspite of the board, and the board are upset, really annoyed that the wins had very little to nothing to do with them, they almost begrudge them. 4 finals in a row isn't enough, no, no..why because it had f**k all to do with them.

"Pause for breath. What was going through the minds of a few county board men as they saw the spikiest team in Cork's turbulent history being ribboned and shredded and their totem, their leader, taking the long walk. A championship defeat, yes, but control, complete control of the hurlers back with the blazers?"-Tom Humphries..and this was in the Galway game earlier this year. This is just a build up of all of that, of the hate and mistrust that's been there for years.

Ye don't understand that the players don't want to be in a position where they need to be on the panel who picks the manager, they do not want to pick the manager themselves. It's been said over and over again by people on the inside and the players themselves. Yet very little people believe them, yet Gerald blinks at the camera and says something and he's believed automatically..and people say they've nothing against the players, they're only kidding themselves.

Now you don't understand it, OM clearly doesn't if ye can't grasp the concept of the pitch then we might as well stop debating the issue here. The hate, the bitter undercurrent of hate has been there for years, the fuss now might be about the manager but it's about what their decision stood for.

1. 90% of the people are behind the players ?? You're in dreamland.

2. Gerald is believed automatically ??????? Why do you think that might be ???????

We've been discussing this thread now for about a month -   when did ANYBODY until today ( Sean Og ) mention that Pairc Ui Chaoimh was in decline ??? You didn't mention it - so the players have a meeting and decide to talk about the state of Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Oh I understand the whole
issue alright.

There you go, not reading again. 90% of the people who actually know what's going on back the board. Not idiots who eh..have some knowledge of it, or read the paper. People who actually, really know.

I know why I think Gerald is believed automatically and 30 plus players aren't.
Because Gerald has played the media, has pretty much lied on one or two things, but has been believed. The players have being trying to expose what's really going on till their blue in the face, what's really going on and they're questioned, and get the response, ah typical, while Gerald is believed straight away.
I know why I think, because he played the media like a violin and the players didn't basically.
And this is the 3rd time it's happened with these players..each time justified but it doesn't matter to the simple minded who refuse to believe the truth.

But you tell me, why do you automatically believe Gerald and not the players, and I'd like some proof to why you think the players are wrong.

I'm not close enough to the team, you are, so I can't really give you much by way of absolute proof -

But what I will say is this - the Cork general public / grass roots no longer have any sympathy for the hurlers - they've went to this particular well too many times - They've failed to deliver as past 3 years and all the Cork general public see is a team on the way out - What they say and do now isn't taken much heed of ( even if some of their points are valid ones ).

The Cork "general public" do not think (well the ones we've been talking to) that this is because they haven't won in 3 years, they dn't think that this is a scape goat, because to be quiet honest they, even the half deluded have more respect for them then that. Most realise that this isn't about loosing to KK.
At the end of the day, it is the bias, closed anti players who hold that oppinion, people who wont give them the time of day, honestly believe that this is about loosing to KK.

This is why the Cork general public are fed up - 2002 - 2007 and 2008 - they're sick of players trying to dictate.
This is just ridiculous, I'd say I'll need figner puppets to explain this to some of ye.
You say you understand, that you have some clue of how it's run, you don't. Clearly you don't. You go on about how know one except Sean Og there today mentioning the pitch, just because it wasn't said doesn't mean that it's not true, or very rellevant. I can't make that any clearer. Just because you can't see something or somethings not said doesn't mean it's not real. 

The players if they had their way, would have NOTHING to do with the process of selecting managers, they didn't want the 5:2 thing in the first place, they didn't want to be on the board part of it at all.
But ye don't realise that.
They don't want to choose the manager, they don't want to dictate anything.

ALL they want to do is play hurling. That's what they care about. If it was about dicating this and picking that they'd have walked away a long time ago. 

the green man

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:42:11 AM
,because every season it's the same, top class teams start training a month earlier then usual

I dont get this. Cork have one team to catch up on. Training one month earlier is not going to make that much difference. Is it? And surely training one month earlier can only go back as far as October, as the All Ireland Champions will be training/winning Liam in September

theskull1

And all this about well ours are just as bad, yet know one does anything about it..why, because the truth is no one else has the balls to stand up, like the Cork lads did. Stop crying in the dark and do something about it, stop letting Cork players stand on their own.

Fcuk me Reillers. Are you actually saying that every group of players who are unhappy with the way that their committee appoint a manager should publicly cry foul and humiliate the individuals concerned? Tell me how thats going to improve things again? I admire the honest but you really are showing yourself up? Remember Reillers these boys that go to committee meetings facilitate players, not pander to them or be humiliated by them. You really do live in a very  constricted world if you don't realise that the players have overstepped the mark? Sometimes you have to be around a bit longer to realise these things

No I'm saying if you keep saying how unhappy they are they should do something about it, not every single county team that has a few weeds in their pitch, but actual real problems, real claims like down here, then ya THEY (not all obviously) should do something about it.
The players are expected to put up or shut up, but they give much of their time for it, to just have to sit back and do nothing. Now if things were as bad in one county as they are in Cork, then maybe they should do something about it.

Do you think that the players should, despite giving all the time and effort and sacrifice, put up or shut up??

So who are these unknown THEY and what something should they do? You're implying that there is this endlist line of capable individuals ready to take on these administrative roles and commit the time and effort required to do all this would be nice things to do. We both know that is not reality, so you are once again living in your ideal world.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: the green man on November 15, 2008, 12:48:15 AM
,because every season it's the same, top class teams start training a month earlier then usual

I dont get this. Cork have one team to catch up on. Training one month earlier is not going to make that much difference. Is it? And surely training one month earlier can only go back as far as October, as the All Ireland Champions will be training/winning Liam in September
It's the pressure. Cork have one team to catch ya. But like if the likes of Tipp have been training two months before the Cork lads have, we may have the better team but when it comes down to the first game in the MC who'll be better conditioned do ya think.

And it's not even just that, it's the pressure of it all. Knowing that KK have a good 2 months to spare over us, like Leinster can dress it up all they like, but the reality is there is no competition in the LC and KK walk into the semi final again.
They've a good two months on everyone else.
Under Cody..They'll be better condtioned, on top of their game, ready to pick, they couldn't be more ready. While the MC teams have to some how figure out how to beat everyone in Munster, or Qualifiers and then go into a semi final against Kilkenny.
In the long run, that's a lot of extra work. Even if we're only in November.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:38:27 AM
Reillers, (you and) the players are so stuck in their own self importance, it's almost impossible for them to comprehend that they aren't the center of the GAA.

I think people who have been part of the GAA all their lives have had it pandering to militant young men who think they know it all when they obviously do not yet are all to quick to tell everybody else of their failings. These men are only now showing their character and in the long run the whole GAA will be a stronger orginisation for the stance that Ger McCarthy in particular is taking

Self importance..SELF IMPORTANCE..are you taking the piss. If it was about that, they'd have walked away long ago. KNOW IT ALL..they are trying to save Cork GAA..but no, no..you..you're ignorance is almost insulting. I've said it, the papers have said it, the players have said it.
The players are being vilified but they, shockingly, not like ye'll read/believe me but they are the ones who are doing this with the best intentions.

IF Gerald wins this, if the GAA will be stronger if Gerald win it-ie the board. Then Cork GAA will die and I promise you that. That is how bad it is. If the hurlers, and it's a real shame they don't have the public backing, a weaker group of lads would have given in, but people don't realise and wont till it's too late, that if Cork players loose this, Cork GAA will die.

Clubs, at county level, underage structure, grounds, money, pitches..are all falling on their arse and will continue to spiral down. If the board win this fight they will go mad, they will have no one to fight them. The players are the only ones with the balls to take them on, and we'll have no one. The board will have complete control.
No success but control, which is THE most important thing to them. Clubs will drown, underage structures will collapse completley..and so on and so forth, and no one will stop them.

This entire team could go, but the problems will remane no matter what team is in place, it'll just be a question of if they'll, like the lads in front of them, will stand up and fight this cancer that is rotting Cork from the inside.

You've made some outrageous claims in the past 41 pages but this takes the biscuit - you're starting to become delusional !

You said you've some knowledge of the running of Cork Gaa..then you should know that it's dying now. It's falling on it's feet. Christ like, Sean Og just basically said it this morning.

Did someone not say on here a couple of days ago that Cork under 21s have a savage team and are favourites for the AI this year ????????

Surely Cork has a way to go before sending for the doctor to certify the death ?  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2008, 12:50:31 AM

So who are these unknown THEY and what something should they do? You're implying that there is this endlist line of capable individuals ready to take on these administrative roles and commit the time and effort required to do all this would be nice things to do. We both know that is not reality, so you are once again living in your ideal world.

They, in general they. If THEY have it that bad, as bad or apparently worse then what the lads down in Cork have it, then why don't they do something about it. The teams I mean. Stand up to the board.
They shouldn't have to put up or shut up.
You never answered me that, in this day and age, with all the effort and sacrifice put in by players who don't get anything (money wise) out of it, should they have to put up or shut up??

And if this was me living in an ideal world I wouldn't be on here trying to explain in the most dumbed down way possible the situation in Cork, and ye still don't get it, yet here we are.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:54:30 AM

It's the pressure. Cork have one team to catch ya. But like if the likes of Tipp have been training two months before the Cork lads have, we may have the better team but when it comes down to the first game in the MC who'll be better conditioned do ya think.

And it's not even just that, it's the pressure of it all. Knowing that KK have a good 2 months to spare over us, like Leinster can dress it up all they like, but the reality is there is no competition in the LC and KK walk into the semi final again.
Under Cody..They'll be better condtioned, on top of their game, ready to pick, they couldn't be more ready. While the MC teams have to some how figure out how to beat everyone in Munster, or Qualifiers and then go into a semi final against Kilkenny.

November and on strike AGAIN - looking for a mediator AGAIN !

Do the hurlers not feel let down by the footballers not joining with them in their hour of need ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:57:45 AM

Did someone not say on here a couple of days ago that Cork under 21s have a savage team and are favourites for the AI this year ????????

Surely Cork has a way to go before sending for the doctor to certify the death ?  ;)

Ya, this year as well, as well as last year. We have the players all right. This year I'd put a spare few bob on them like, but when it comes down to it, like we say in the season just gone, the structure isn't there.
The Clare U21 game, the day after the senior match, a good 6 (I think) were involved in the panel, and grant it, that wasn't ideal, but it's no excuse. The attitude of the players was appauling. They should have hammered Clare..all due respect to Clare, but they should have. We have the players, just not the set up. When it comes down to it, you can only get so far with talent alone. The best coached will go the furthest. That is why Cork strugle to win Minors (should have been in the final in the last season there, but again, stupidly, lost to Galway, who we should have beat and beat well) and U21s for many years to come until we get the right structures in there..we'll never be as succesful as we can be (and that includes at senior level as well) while the structure is shity and coaching is just as bad. Skill and talent only get you so far.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 01:02:46 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:57:45 AM

Ya, this year as well, as well as last year. We have the players all right. This year I'd put a spare few bob on them like, but when it comes down to it, like we say in the season just gone, the structure isn't there.
The Clare U21 game, the day after the senior match, a good 6 (I think) were involved in the panel, and grant it, that wasn't ideal, but it's no excuse. The attitude of the players was appauling. They should have hammered Clare..all due respect to Clare, but they should have. We have the players, just not the set up. When it comes down to it, you can only get so far with talent alone. The best coached will go the furthest. That is why Cork strugle to win Minors (should have been in the final in the last season there, but again, stupidly, lost to Galway, who we should have beat and beat well) and U21s for many years to come until we get the right structures in there..we'll never be as succesful as we can be (and that includes at senior level as well) while the structure is shity and coaching is just as bad. Skill and talent only get you so far.

Who was over the 21s last year - still the same men this year ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 01:02:21 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:54:30 AM

November and on strike AGAIN - looking for a mediator AGAIN !

Do the hurlers not feel let down by the footballers not joining with them in their hour of need ?
OH I'd say they do, but I don't blame the footballers who (in fairness got the hurlers to fight their battle for them) have it pretty good now. They've a good manager in place, they're lucky. The players wouldn't do the same thing I'd say, but it's up to the footballers.
The hurlers took a lot of grief last season for going on strike, for pretty much the same reason, they supported the footballers and they were the ones who got the brunt of the criticism..people tried to blame Donal Og for it like. Shit like that.
But at the end of the day, the hurlers can't make them do anything, they wouldn't force this on anyone, despite what ye might think.

theskull1

They don't get paid to pay..they are doing this in their free time-well, time that was made free by them. Huge sacrifices, they basically give up any life outside work. Their social life is their club and county, the sacrifices that they make, which get higher and higher every year, because every season it's the same, top class teams start training a month earlier then usual and then they go to the gym 2 times more then usually and goes like that year after year..and all for nothing (iin terms of money.)
If things are as bad as they are in Cork..should they, do ye, expect them to put up or shut up??

Firstly some, because of the profile that they have playing for their County get paid because they play hurling. Technically you are correct though

And if you don't want to make these sacrifices then don't do it. If you want to make them then why whinge about it?

Quoteand all for nothing (iin terms of money.)
:-\

Reillers away and take up golf. You would think someone was holding a gun to your head
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera