McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 09:07:03 PM
Listen Reillers - the state of Pairc Ui Chaoimh has NOTHING to do with this dispute -

I'm not calling anybody a liar - so you're barking up the wrong tree there - but the whole players thing is now a smokescreen, they're tyring to draw other people and other things into the dispute - in short they're losing.

See this is where ye fall down, where ye don't understand, no matter how long I explain it to ye.
The state of the ground has EVERYTHING to do with it, it represents the board, how it's run.

People who haven't a clue about the day to day runnings of Cork Gaa.
If you have a degree of knowledge you wouldn't be asking that question, how it's relelvant. It's SO, SO relevant. I can't even begin to explain what's going on if you fail to grasp the simplicity of how the state of the pitch is relelvant. We might as well stop now.

The hurlers and footballers..have to put up with this. Day to day, and be expected to at least get to an AI final.
They wont a mediator. Which is a good sign at least.

I'm saying that that the ground is a good enough point but a month into the dispute and Sean Og comes out with this shite as a basis for getting rid of Gerald Mc Carthy -

There are plenty of stadia throughout Ireland and you don't hear county players coming out and saying that becasue the stadia are in bad shape, the county boards in those counties should go !!!

To tell you the truth Reillers, I expected a better argument from Sean Og than this. It's way off the mark.

Zulu

IMO it is the CB who have muddied the waters and they've done so brilliantly, they have overseen their flag ship teams go on strike twice and now possibly a third time, they have overseen the demise of club football and hurling in the county, the demise of school GAA in the city and they have stood idly by while the Pairc has crumbled. Yet all you hear about is Gerald this Sean Og that, make no mistake about it, this fight was engineered by the CCB but even they couldn't have imagined it turning out so well.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 14, 2008, 10:23:42 PM
IMO it is the CB who have muddied the waters and they've done so brilliantly, they have overseen their flag ship teams go on strike twice and now possibly a third time, they have overseen the demise of club football and hurling in the county, the demise of school GAA in the city and they have stood idly by while the Pairc has crumbled. Yet all you hear about is Gerald this Sean Og that, make no mistake about it, this fight was engineered by the CCB but even they couldn't have imagined it turning out so well.

Ok - so how do the players manage to get out of this fight with their reputations intact ? Have you any workable suggestions ?

theskull1

Reillers, (you and) the players are so stuck in their own self importance, it's almost impossible for them to comprehend that they aren't the center of the GAA.

These diversionary arguments are what they are.

I think people who have been part of the GAA all their lives have had it pandering to militant young men who think they know it all when they obviously do not yet are all to quick to tell everybody else of their failings. These men are only now showing their character and in the long run the whole GAA will be a stronger orginisation for the stance that Ger McCarthy in particular is taking
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 09:42:48 PM
There are plenty of Cork men on discussion boards who recognise that all is not rosy with their CB Zulu. Those very same men are 4 sqaure behind Ger McCarthy

OM's point is that these side swipes are not really relevant when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The CB and many others have had enough militancy from these boys and the vast majority people are in agreement that it is about time to.

Not all those very man are behind McCarthy. I think you'll find 90% (I haven't come across one yet) of the people who really know what's going on, back the hurlers against the board. Everyone of them know that their problem is the board. EVERY single issue in Cork GAA comes back to the board.

The board have enough militancy from these boys..poor them..they treat them like absolute crap, there's no respect, it's gotten to the point of sheer paranoia, the board since Allen resigned have been clawing the power back, hell bent on it.
The players fully believe and anyone involved with them thinks the same, that the wins were inspite of the board, and the board are upset, really annoyed that the wins had very little to nothing to do with them, they almost begrudge them. 4 finals in a row isn't enough, no, no..why because it had f**k all to do with them.

"Pause for breath. What was going through the minds of a few county board men as they saw the spikiest team in Cork's turbulent history being ribboned and shredded and their totem, their leader, taking the long walk. A championship defeat, yes, but control, complete control of the hurlers back with the blazers?"-Tom Humphries..and this was in the Galway game earlier this year. This is just a build up of all of that, of the hate and mistrust that's been there for years.

Ye don't understand that the players don't want to be in a position where they need to be on the panel who picks the manager, they do not want to pick the manager themselves. It's been said over and over again by people on the inside and the players themselves. Yet very little people believe them, yet Gerald blinks at the camera and says something and he's believed automatically..and people say they've nothing against the players, they're only kidding themselves.

Now you don't understand it, OM clearly doesn't if ye can't grasp the concept of the pitch then we might as well stop debating the issue here. The hate, the bitter undercurrent of hate has been there for years, the fuss now might be about the manager but it's about what their decision stood for.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 09:07:03 PM
Listen Reillers - the state of Pairc Ui Chaoimh has NOTHING to do with this dispute -

I'm not calling anybody a liar - so you're barking up the wrong tree there - but the whole players thing is now a smokescreen, they're tyring to draw other people and other things into the dispute - in short they're losing.

See this is where ye fall down, where ye don't understand, no matter how long I explain it to ye.
The state of the ground has EVERYTHING to do with it, it represents the board, how it's run.

People who haven't a clue about the day to day runnings of Cork Gaa.
If you have a degree of knowledge you wouldn't be asking that question, how it's relelvant. It's SO, SO relevant. I can't even begin to explain what's going on if you fail to grasp the simplicity of how the state of the pitch is relelvant. We might as well stop now.

The hurlers and footballers..have to put up with this. Day to day, and be expected to at least get to an AI final.
They wont a mediator. Which is a good sign at least.

I'm saying that that the ground is a good enough point but a month into the dispute and Sean Og comes out with this shite as a basis for getting rid of Gerald Mc Carthy -

There are plenty of stadia throughout Ireland and you don't hear county players coming out and saying that becasue the stadia are in bad shape, the county boards in those counties should go !!!

To tell you the truth Reillers, I expected a better argument from Sean Og than this. It's way off the mark.

For the 100th time it's not McCarthy that they have the main problem with, it's the way in which he was reappointed..the board.

But this was always the undercurrent. See there you go again they are not just saying the board should go (which I don't even think they said that) isn't just to do with a shitty pitch and it's infurriating because I've said it so many times yet ye still think that this is the players just thinking about themselves, nit picking, just picking fights. It's everything TOGETHER. It's not just about a few weeds in the pitch, it just sums up the board.
Like I said, I can't explain it anymore if ye can't even grasp that.

And all this about well ours are just as bad, yet know one does anything about it..why, because the truth is no one else has the balls to stand up, like the Cork lads did. Stop crying in the dark and do something about it, stop letting Cork players stand on their own.

I said that Sean Og wasn't great at the talking to the press but what he's got to say is unquestionable, it's the way he says it.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:11:09 PM
There are plenty of Cork men on discussion boards who recognise that all is not rosy with their CB Zulu. Those very same men are 4 sqaure behind Ger McCarthy

OM's point is that these side swipes are not really relevant when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The CB and many others have had enough militancy from these boys and the vast majority people are in agreement that it is about time to.

Not all those very man are behind McCarthy. I think you'll find 90% (I haven't come across one yet) of the people who really know what's going on, back the hurlers against the board. Everyone of them know that their problem is the board. EVERY single issue in Cork GAA comes back to the board.

The board have enough militancy from these boys..poor them..they treat them like absolute crap, there's no respect, it's gotten to the point of sheer paranoia, the board since Allen resigned have been clawing the power back, hell bent on it.
The players fully believe and anyone involved with them thinks the same, that the wins were inspite of the board, and the board are upset, really annoyed that the wins had very little to nothing to do with them, they almost begrudge them. 4 finals in a row isn't enough, no, no..why because it had f**k all to do with them.

"Pause for breath. What was going through the minds of a few county board men as they saw the spikiest team in Cork's turbulent history being ribboned and shredded and their totem, their leader, taking the long walk. A championship defeat, yes, but control, complete control of the hurlers back with the blazers?"-Tom Humphries..and this was in the Galway game earlier this year. This is just a build up of all of that, of the hate and mistrust that's been there for years.

Ye don't understand that the players don't want to be in a position where they need to be on the panel who picks the manager, they do not want to pick the manager themselves. It's been said over and over again by people on the inside and the players themselves. Yet very little people believe them, yet Gerald blinks at the camera and says something and he's believed automatically..and people say they've nothing against the players, they're only kidding themselves.

Now you don't understand it, OM clearly doesn't if ye can't grasp the concept of the pitch then we might as well stop debating the issue here. The hate, the bitter undercurrent of hate has been there for years, the fuss now might be about the manager but it's about what their decision stood for.

1. 90% of the people are behind the players ?? You're in dreamland.

2. Gerald is believed automatically ??????? Why do you think that might be ???????

We've been discussing this thread now for about a month -   when did ANYBODY until today ( Sean Og ) mention that Pairc Ui Chaoimh was in decline ??? You didn't mention it - so the players have a meeting and decide to talk about the state of Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Oh I understand the whole
issue alright.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 10:42:16 PM
Reillers, (you and) the players are so stuck in their own self importance, it's almost impossible for them to comprehend that they aren't the center of the GAA.

I think people who have been part of the GAA all their lives have had it pandering to militant young men who think they know it all when they obviously do not yet are all to quick to tell everybody else of their failings. These men are only now showing their character and in the long run the whole GAA will be a stronger orginisation for the stance that Ger McCarthy in particular is taking

Self importance..SELF IMPORTANCE..are you taking the piss. If it was about that, they'd have walked away long ago. KNOW IT ALL..they are trying to save Cork GAA..but no, no..you..you're ignorance is almost insulting. I've said it, the papers have said it, the players have said it.
Ger is not all innocent in this.
The CB are almost 90% responsible for the situation.
The players are being vilified but they, shockingly, not like ye'll read/believe me but they are the ones who are doing this with the best intentions.

IF Gerald wins this, if the GAA will be stronger if Gerald win it-ie the board. Then Cork GAA will die and I promise you that. That is how bad it is. If the hurlers, and it's a real shame they don't have the public backing, a weaker group of lads would have given in, but people don't realise and wont till it's too late, that if Cork players loose this, Cork GAA will die.

Clubs, at county level, underage structure, grounds, money, pitches..are all falling on their arse and will continue to spiral down. If the board win this fight they will go mad, they will have no one to fight them. The players are the only ones with the balls to take them on, and we'll have no one. The board will have complete control.
No success but control, which is THE most important thing to them. Clubs will drown, underage structures will collapse completley..and so on and so forth, and no one will stop them.

This entire team could go, but the problems will remane no matter what team is in place, it'll just be a question of if they'll, like the lads in front of them, will stand up and fight this cancer that is rotting Cork from the inside.

And I can't explain it any more then that.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 11:24:48 PM

2. Gerald is believed automatically ??????? Why do you think that might be ???????

We've been discussing this thread now for about a month -   when did ANYBODY until today ( Sean Og ) mention that Pairc Ui Chaoimh was in decline ??? You didn't mention it - so the players have a meeting and decide to talk about the state of Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Oh I understand the whole
issue alright.

There you go, not reading again. 90% of the people who actually know what's going on back the board. Not idiots who eh..have some knowledge of it, or read the paper. People who actually, really know.

I know why I think Gerald is believed automatically and 30 plus players aren't.
Because Gerald has played the media, has pretty much lied on one or two things, but has been believed. The players have being trying to expose what's really going on till their blue in the face, what's really going on and they're questioned, and get the response, ah typical, while Gerald is believed straight away.
I know why I think, because he played the media like a violin and the players didn't basically.
And this is the 3rd time it's happened with these players..each time justified but it doesn't matter to the simple minded who refuse to believe the truth.

But you tell me, why do you automatically believe Gerald and not the players, and I'd like some proof to why you think the players are wrong.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:21:20 PM
And all this about well ours are just as bad, yet know one does anything about it..why, because the truth is no one else has the balls to stand up, like the Cork lads did. Stop crying in the dark and do something about it, stop letting Cork players stand on their own.

Fcuk me Reillers. Are you actually saying that every group of players who are unhappy with the way that their committee appoint a manager should publicly cry foul and humiliate the individuals concerned? Tell me how thats going to improve things again? I admire the honest but you really are showing yourself up? Remember Reillers these boys that go to committee meetings facilitate players, not pander to them or be humiliated by them. You really do live in a very  constricted world if you don't realise that the players have overstepped the mark? Sometimes you have to be around a bit longer to realise these things
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 10:42:16 PM

Self importance..SELF IMPORTANCE..are you taking the piss. If it was about that, they'd have walked away long ago. KNOW IT ALL..they are trying to save Cork GAA..but no, no..you..you're ignorance is almost insulting. I've said it, the papers have said it, the players have said it.
Ger is not all innocent in this.
The CB are almost 90% responsible for the situation.
The players are being vilified but they, shockingly, not like ye'll read/believe me but they are the ones who are doing this with the best intentions.

IF Gerald wins this, if the GAA will be stronger if Gerald win it-ie the board. Then Cork GAA will die and I promise you that. That is how bad it is. If the hurlers, and it's a real shame they don't have the public backing, a weaker group of lads would have given in, but people don't realise and wont till it's too late, that if Cork players loose this, Cork GAA will die.

Clubs, at county level, underage structure, grounds, money, pitches..are all falling on their arse and will continue to spiral down. If the board win this fight they will go mad, they will have no one to fight them. The players are the only ones with the balls to take them on, and we'll have no one. The board will have complete control.
No success but control, which is THE most important thing to them. Clubs will drown, underage structures will collapse completley..and so on and so forth, and no one will stop them.

This entire team could go, but the problems will remane no matter what team is in place, it'll just be a question of if they'll, like the lads in front of them, will stand up and fight this cancer that is rotting Cork from the inside.

And I can't explain it any more then that.

You've made some outrageous claims in the past 41 pages but this takes the biscuit - you're starting to become delusional !

Cork GAA will die, I promose you that ????   ;) ;) :D :D :D

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:36:42 PM

issue alright.

There you go, not reading again. 90% of the people who actually know what's going on back the board. Not idiots who eh..have some knowledge of it, or read the paper. People who actually, really know.

Because Gerald has played the media, has pretty much lied on one or two things, but has been believed. The players have being trying to expose what's really going on till their blue in the face, what's really going on and they're questioned, and get the response, ah typical, while Gerald is believed straight away.
I know why I think, because he played the media like a violin and the players didn't basically.
And this is the 3rd time it's happened with these players..each time justified but it doesn't matter to the simple minded who refuse to believe the truth.

But you tell me, why do you automatically believe Gerald and not the players, and I'd like some proof to why you think the players are wrong.

I'm not close enough to the team, you are, so I can't really give you much by way of absolute proof -

But what I will say is this - the Cork general public / grass roots no longer have any sympathy for the hurlers - they've went to this particular well too many times -
They've failed to deliver as past 3 years and all the Cork general public see is a team on the way out - What they say and do now isn't taken much heed of ( even if some of their points are valid ones ).

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2008, 12:06:21 AM

Fcuk me Reillers. Are you actually saying that every group of players who are unhappy with the way that their committee appoint a manager should publicly cry foul and humiliate the individuals concerned? Tell me how thats going to improve things again? I admire the honest but you really are showing yourself up? Remember Reillers these boys that go to committee meetings facilitate players, not pander to them or be humiliated by them. You really do live in a very  constricted world if you don't realise that the players have overstepped the mark? Sometimes you have to be around a bit longer to realise these things

No I'm saying if you keep saying how unhappy they are they should do something about it, not every single county team that has a few weeds in their pitch, but actual real problems, real claims like down here, then ya THEY (not all obviously) should do something about it.
The players are expected to put up or shut up, but they give much of their time for it, to just have to sit back and do nothing. Now if things were as bad in one county as they are in Cork, then maybe they should do something about it.

Do you think that the players should, despite giving all the time and effort and sacrifice, put up or shut up??

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:28:15 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:36:42 PM

issue alright.

I'm not close enough to the team, you are, so I can't really give you much by way of absolute proof -

But what I will say is this - the Cork general public / grass roots no longer have any sympathy for the hurlers - they've went to this particular well too many times -
They've failed to deliver as past 3 years and all the Cork general public see is a team on the way out - What they say and do now isn't taken much heed of ( even if some of their points are valid ones ).

The Cork "general public" do not think (well the ones we've been talking to) that this is because they haven't won in 3 years, they dn't think that this is a scape goat, because to be quiet honest they, even the half deluded have more respect for them then that. Most realise that this isn't about loosing to KK.
At the end of the day, it is the bias, closed anti players who hold that oppinion, people who wont give them the time of day, honestly believe that this is about loosing to KK.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:28:49 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2008, 12:06:21 AM

No I'm saying if you keep saying how unhappy they are they should do something about it, not every single county team that has a few weeds in their pitch, but actual real problems, real claims like down here, then ya THEY (not all obviously) should do something about it.
The players are expected to put up or shut up, but they give much of their time for it, to just have to sit back and do nothing. Now if things were as bad in one county as they are in Cork, then maybe they should do something about it.

Do you think that the players should, despite giving all the time and effort and sacrifice, put up or shut up??

Aye - palyers get paid to play - not talk about the state of their pitch - I told you before - the issue about Croke Park is a sideshow, nothing less.