Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:45:53 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Reillers reports the figures as 7000 at the march

RTE & the Gardai report the figure as 3000

I said what I was told. There was about 5000 at the march.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

Were the Gardai and RTE lying when they reported the crowd as 3000?

I was but surprisingly I didn't take a head count.
I'm not talking about the crowd I was talking about the march outside.
And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

Thats fair enough so - the way you phrased it though sounded like you weren't.

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..
You weren't talking to him. And I never said once that I was from there.
And I still don't think I insulted him once on here, and you have failed to produce any evidence otherwise.
And nearly the entire of Cork GAA despises, what is it they call him, "Sideshow Bob."

Ok we'll agree to disagree on Bob so - he gets unfairly tarnished because of that Tipp game but I always found him to be a straight talker.

I'll drop the issue if you like - you insulted him along the lines of 'My club are trying to have an SGM but it won't happen if a certain somebody in my club who knows the rules inside out and is very powerful in Cork GAA has his way, no one likes this guy and he's a spoofer and a gouger and not a nice person'..

Anyway this thread will be coming to a close by next weekend and Donal Og can submit his preferred choice of candidate - normal order will be resumed and the 2008 hurlers can continue to make personal profit ahead of that of the clubs..
I never said it was my club.

You didn't have to - when you were taunting Indiana & Dowling the other day saying anyone who knew anything about Cork hurling could identify your club - anyhoo it's none of my business and if you want to deny it thats fair enough
I never said it and I still haven't. And even then, what right do you think you have to discuss it on here, when a mod checks this forum you probably will be band because of all the posts you made directed at me and personal posts about finances and such which also breach the rules.
I gave you know right to discuss something that was none of your business about my personal life.
And it will probably warrant a ban, and that's your fault.

Just for the record Reillers, you've defamed Frank Murphy on countless occassions in this thread, called the named Cork GAA PRO a 'p***k' and insulted every poster who disagreed with you - so come down off that perch

What do you mean about a 'band'? I'm not involved in the music industry whatsoever..

None of it was personal, an opinion. Nothing like what you posted about me or about the so called gainings of the person.
Insulted them, no more then they did to me, calling them an idiot, when they posted an idiotic post is one thing. That doesn't warrant a ban.
I'm pretty sure, but not a mod, that what you have been posting does about me, my personal backround and the clubs personal life.

Calling Gerard Lane (the Cork PRO) a p***k isn't personal?

You've defamed Frank countless times

I posted nothing about your 'personal background' or the 'clubs personal life' (whatever that is)...plenty of others posted your club before I did - I only put two and two together when I realised you were insulting my friend Bobby (another person you've defamed)

Which I retracted almost.

You made personal comments about me which I gave you know permision to do so.
And again, show me where I insulted him. I didn't.

I couldn't care less to be honest what you posted, but then again I'm not a mod.

How do you 'almost retract' calling someone a p***k?

What personal comments did I make about you? Did you seek permission before you insulted all those who disagreed with your opinion and all those who disagreed with the strikers?

You insulted my friend Bob, but I'm happy to leave it at that and concentrate on the issue at hand..

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 10:24:43 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:56:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:24:48 PM

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
Are those figures for clubs or delegates

What?

What? what does that mean?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.
So now how many clubs were represented and how many votes did each club have?

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

And yes gardaí gave the figure 3000 at most so I'm entitled to question any figures you give.
Maybe it meant that I didn't get what you were asking me.
Nearly every club was represented at the meeting.
Last time it was discussion based purely, this time it was going to let the votes be known from their clubs, so more then likely only one rep from each club went.
Surely that's obvious..apparently not.

No there's nothing obvious about figures with you. The 400 doesn't tally with the number of clubs represented. You guessed the figure at the march today of 7000 and then changed the figure to 5000 and where you got your figure from to RTE/FM, but you couldn't remember which. So how many votes did each club have and how many clubs were represented and not represented?

Sure you probably don't know the last bit. Just everything else, although you're not sure how.

Didn't doubt for a minute you'd get Corcoran and have an answer.

Now answer that bit.

What do you mean how many votes did a club get. Each club that held an EGM called for a vote and it was voted on by the people there on both motions.
And a handfull didn't hold EGMs and that was their own call, they sacrificed their chance to have a stance on it.

Oh and next time try please.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:37:25 PM

What?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

And yes gardaí gave the figure 3000 at most so I'm entitled to question any figures you give.
Last time it was discussion based purely, this time it was going to let the votes be known from their clubs, so more then likely only one rep from each club went.

No there's nothing obvious about figures with you. The 400 doesn't tally with the number of clubs represented. You guessed the figure at the march today of 7000 and then changed the figure to 5000 and where you got your figure from to RTE/FM, but you couldn't remember which. So how many votes did each club have and how many clubs were represented and not represented?

Sure you probably don't know the last bit. Just everything else, although you're not sure how.

Now answer that bit.
Each club that held an EGM called for a vote and it was voted on by the people there on both motions.

Who were these 'people' there? Were they paid up club members?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:37:10 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:34:22 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:21:37 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:15:00 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:10:46 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:59:19 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:45:53 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Reillers reports the figures as 7000 at the march

RTE & the Gardai report the figure as 3000

I said what I was told. There was about 5000 at the march.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

Were the Gardai and RTE lying when they reported the crowd as 3000?

I was but surprisingly I didn't take a head count.
I'm not talking about the crowd I was talking about the march outside.
And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

Thats fair enough so - the way you phrased it though sounded like you weren't.

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..
You weren't talking to him. And I never said once that I was from there.
And I still don't think I insulted him once on here, and you have failed to produce any evidence otherwise.
And nearly the entire of Cork GAA despises, what is it they call him, "Sideshow Bob."

Ok we'll agree to disagree on Bob so - he gets unfairly tarnished because of that Tipp game but I always found him to be a straight talker.

I'll drop the issue if you like - you insulted him along the lines of 'My club are trying to have an SGM but it won't happen if a certain somebody in my club who knows the rules inside out and is very powerful in Cork GAA has his way, no one likes this guy and he's a spoofer and a gouger and not a nice person'..

Anyway this thread will be coming to a close by next weekend and Donal Og can submit his preferred choice of candidate - normal order will be resumed and the 2008 hurlers can continue to make personal profit ahead of that of the clubs..
I never said it was my club.

You didn't have to - when you were taunting Indiana & Dowling the other day saying anyone who knew anything about Cork hurling could identify your club - anyhoo it's none of my business and if you want to deny it thats fair enough
I never said it and I still haven't. And even then, what right do you think you have to discuss it on here, when a mod checks this forum you probably will be band because of all the posts you made directed at me and personal posts about finances and such which also breach the rules.
I gave you know right to discuss something that was none of your business about my personal life.
And it will probably warrant a ban, and that's your fault.

Just for the record Reillers, you've defamed Frank Murphy on countless occassions in this thread, called the named Cork GAA PRO a 'p***k' and insulted every poster who disagreed with you - so come down off that perch

What do you mean about a 'band'? I'm not involved in the music industry whatsoever..

None of it was personal, an opinion. Nothing like what you posted about me or about the so called gainings of the person.
Insulted them, no more then they did to me, calling them an idiot, when they posted an idiotic post is one thing. That doesn't warrant a ban.
I'm pretty sure, but not a mod, that what you have been posting does about me, my personal backround and the clubs personal life.

Calling Gerard Lane (the Cork PRO) a p***k isn't personal?

You've defamed Frank countless times

I posted nothing about your 'personal background' or the 'clubs personal life' (whatever that is)...plenty of others posted your club before I did - I only put two and two together when I realised you were insulting my friend Bobby (another person you've defamed)

Which I retracted almost.

You made personal comments about me which I gave you know permision to do so.
And again, show me where I insulted him. I didn't.

I couldn't care less to be honest what you posted, but then again I'm not a mod.

How do you 'almost retract' calling someone a p***k?

What personal comments did I make about you? Did you seek permission before you insulted all those who disagreed with your opinion and all those who disagreed with the strikers?

You insulted my friend Bob, but I'm happy to leave it at that and concentrate on the issue at hand..
I never finished the sentence, I meant almost straight away.
You went on about the club that you think I'm from and said I was from that club without me saying you could do so.
And again I didn't insult him once, find me where and then I'll leave it at that, because I know full well that I haven't.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:38:56 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:37:25 PM

What?

Now answer that bit.
Each club that held an EGM called for a vote and it was voted on by the people there on both motions.

Who were these 'people' there? Were they paid up club members?
Club members.

orangeman

The last bit is a joke, laughable.
Respect. The CB wouldn't know respect if they were hit in the face with it. They respect no one, absolutely no one but themselves. They don't care what the clubs think, what the players think, what the fans think. All they care about is themselves. They have curropted the board and have cause the players to down toolds 3 times.

Poor Jerry O'Sullivan is in this illustrious band as well I take it ???

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 08, 2009, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:16:50 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 08, 2009, 10:05:14 PM
One other thing, a good friend was talking recently with a former IC Cork footballer. His take on it is that the "grassroots" have been slowly whipped up in an almost frenzy at this stage and they are all looking to make noise and back the players as its the in thing!!. He saids it a disgrace that the players have been allowed to get to this stage and its a disgrace that the CB let it get to this stage. He is totally disgusted at the actions on all sides.

One of his points was valid, at that all these EGMS's, SGM's etc the members coming to vote are all 100+, 200+, he said that at one of these clubs AGMs the turnout was 48 and almost 200 voted at the EGM. Real GAA and grass roots people them  ::) Probably selling memberships at the door.

And so comes the spin.
This isn't just about the IC players, it's about the disgraceful acts by the CB over the years and the clubs have finally steped up to take their power back, their voice has been taken for too long.
You think that the clubs would let this be led by one or two.

Every club voted in favour of the players, not one against. No one, not one, voted against them, even the pro CB clubs that would have been expected to.
Except it, the clubs have spoken, the players, morally at least, have won.
It's just a matter of how the Cb act now.
Stop trying to rip down the clubs, you seem to have a lesser opinion of them then the CB.
The clubs ran the meeting tonight by the by.

Get over it, the grassroots have spoken.

I can't believe ye think that little of the clubs.

First it's the players are wrong.
Then oh it's the fans,
And now it's oh sure the clubs, there most be something wrong there.

Cop yourself on. I was repeating what a Cork person has side and its very clear to anyone with any knid of perspective what has happened. Is this the clubs talking or the armchair summer supporters.

You have said in a couple of posts about how little I think of clubs and have even misquoted me about my comments on clubs.

I'll tell you, I have absolutely no love for my CB and I could list 10 things that they done in Monaghan that would put the list of "cirmes" of FM and the Cork CB posted on this thread to shame. Ye haven't a monopoly on idiot county boards.

You's have no idea the damage this is doing to the GAA in Cork and round the county. No idea.

The 2008 players are taken the whole GAA structure are pulling it down. The GPA are rubbing the hands. You may think its the clubs doing this but the 2008 panel are playing them like puppets on strings. Its a joke.    
I'm sure you were repeating whatever you apparently heard from a Cork person, where have I misquoted you, I apologise if I have, but where?

Only 10 things. I'd switch in a heartbeat.
You haven't a flying clue what's been done in Cork and if you did you wouldn't be defending the CB, no real GAA person would.
The only people doing the damage here are the CCB who are going against everything and everyone they are supposed to represent. But they have said clearly that they don't care at all, in the slightest, that they have all the power. They have damaged the GAA in Cork almost to a point of irreversibility over the last few years, and hopefully the actions by the clubs and players aren't too late.
How are they pulling it down because last time I checked the clubs were the ones leading it now. All the playres did was stand up to a dictator that no longer respresnts the clubs and made a decision to get rid of the best players in the county purely out of spite and want of revenge. You think that, you have that little oppinion of every member that voted in every club, that you think that the players, who have left this totally down to the clubs at this stage, are pulling them by a string.

The players sat in front of the clubs, and let them decide what to do. It was simple go against us and we'll disband or else back us. They sat down in front of every club, and they expected a hostile reception, they didn't get one.
They let the clubs decide from day 1.
They respect their opinion and I'm telling ya, some of the things that were said about Fm and the CB in those meetings, including the one in Clon, which had nothing ot do with either side, and again anything could have been done or said, wouldn't make for nice hearing. They vented their anger and frustration endlessly at both meetings.
And you actually think that little of the clubs that ALL of them could be led by the players. Cop yourself on. That's one of the most insulting things I've read written about the clubs.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 10:43:11 PM
Respect. The CB wouldn't know respect if they were hit in the face with it. They respect no one, absolutely no one but themselves. They don't care what the clubs think, what the players think, what the fans think. All they care about is themselves. They have curropted the board and have cause the players to down toolds 3 times.

JOS is a good GAA man, he's been in the job 5 seconds, but because of association, ya he is.

Zulu

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 10:03:43 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 08, 2009, 09:52:11 PM
QuoteAnd no you weren't able to explain through fact or speculation the 400 figure.

While this is a bit sad at this stage I infact did, I speculated that maybe there were some individuals who were there that didn't represent clubs but whatever the reason there were 400 there is entirely irrelevant at this stage. The clubs are clearly supporting  the players.

QuotePut that another way Zulu. Today's figure discredits those putting the figure for the first 'march' at 10000 and trying to up the figure for today's 'march'. A drop of 7000? AIB shares didn't drop that much of a percentage!

No it doesn't, you don't know how many was at either march so you can't say there wasn't 10,000 at teh last march but again it irrelevant as the Cork GAA public are behind the players end of.

QuoteDon't think you got the right post and maybe you know it - hope you haven't deleted anything. I'll check again to see. Nearly sure it's to do with my post about nullifying county secretaries if it helps

I checked through 60 odd pages and that is the only one I came across, but even from that one you can see your overly sensitive nature about these things. If you can find another one where I call a post rubbish and it wasn't I'll gladly take it back.

So nothing's relevent because you say the 2008 panel have their support. Maybe we should all stop posting now Zulu.
But if I was a panel supporter and someone pointed out that their given figures were a bit dodgey I might want to reconsider my support.

You said I was wrong about something and you were quite emphatic about it. If you now know you were wrong just say and get it over with.

It would probably be a good thing if we all stopped posting yes. But you making out that by me saying the number at a march or meeting is irrelevant when the clubs have clearly voted in favour of the players means that I'm saying everything is irrelevant is exactly why I accuse you of posting rubbish at times. Not to mention the fact that you suggest your opinion might need reconsidering because some say there was 10,000 at a march and others say there was 7,000 (or less), yes that's reason enough to reconsider your support, will you give it over.

Where did I say I was wrong?

I really should stop posting on this topic there hasn't been one decent point made by anyone for a good number of pages now as is evidenced by myself and dowling posting about something we already discussed 60 pages ago and heffo and reillers posting about, well, I don't know what as i can't be bothered reading all that text. After 4 or 5 months Cork GAA seems to have made it's decision until something new happens i.e. the CB meeting this week or Gerald standing down I think most fellas should give this topic a break. There's a lot of otherwise sensible posters posting a lot of rubbish.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:49:51 PM

JOS is a good GAA man, he's been in the job 5 seconds, but because of association, ya he is.

I've no doubt that JOS is a good GAA man and I've no doubt that the rest of the CB is made up of decent, honest, hard working GAA men as well.

WOULD YOU AGREE ?.

Reillers

POSTED ON PROC:

Quote"The news from the meeting is fairly strong stuff. The clubs have had enough of the county board. 61 senior/interm voted against ger mac and all the junior clubs would be another 16.
If gerald is not gone by next week, the clubs are going to meet next sunday where they will take radical measures.
They are going to insist on a new committee to pick the new coach comprising of 7 people.
2 from the county board.
2 from the clubs.
2 players
plus a chairman independent of the above groups.

They are taking no more from the county board.

Change is on the way."

Watch how fast Gerald will go now the CB will not take the chance of loosing it's precious power.

This goes back years. Based on years of disrespect and a build up of hate.
But hey, that's the players pulling the strings.  ::) ::)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 10:55:09 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:49:51 PM

I've no doubt that JOS is a good GAA man and I've no doubt that the rest of the CB is made up of decent, honest, hard working GAA men as well.

WOULD YOU AGREE ?.
Some of the CB are good GAA men, but there are a lot who aren't, but the good lads in there will suffer masively because of association to some of the disgraceful men who thought they could run Cork GAA with their own personal agenda.

orangeman

They are going to insist on a new committee to pick the new coach comprising of 7 people.
2 from the county board.
2 from the clubs.
2 players

Not a very radical departure from what we have now - not exactly what you would describe as outside the box thinking.

Is this what this row was all about ??????

It had to come to this in order to get this dispute resolved ??????????

One thing that has been accounted for in this formula - what happens when the players fall out with the manager and don't want him anymore and call for further industrial action ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 11:01:49 PM
2 from the county board.
2 from the clubs.
2 players

Not a very radical departure from what we have now - not exactly what you would describe as outside the box thinking.

Is this what this row was all about ??????

It had to come to this in order to get this dispute resolved ??????????

One thing that has been accounted for in this formula - what happens when the players fall out with the manager and don't want him anymore and call for further industrial action ?

OM after all of this you still  ask the same idiotic questions.
Are you that much of a wind up or are really that stupid?

The players worked their asses off under Gerald and gave it their all. It wasn't about disagreeing with him. THIS WAS NEVER ABOUT GERALD PERSONALLY IT WAS ABOUT THE WAY IN WHICH HE WAS REAPPOINTED, THE DECISION MADE BY THE CB.

Tatler Jack

QuoteJOS is a good GAA man, he's been in the job 5 seconds, but because of association, ya he is.

Jerry O'Sullivan has been part of the executive of the CB for a number of years.  Its a bit inconvenient for the CB bashers that he is chairman so they need to pretend that he is a newcomer.

I agree he is a good GAA man as are most CB people - they may have their faults but most are well intentioned. It is easy for those that have never held office to be judgemental.