Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:24:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
Are those figures for clubs or delegates

What?

What? what does that mean?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.
So now how many clubs were represented and how many votes did each club have?

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

And yes gardaí gave the figure 3000 at most so I'm entitled to question any figures you give.
Maybe it meant that I didn't get what you were asking me.
Nearly every club was represented at the meeting.
Last time it was discussion based purely, this time it was going to let the votes be known from their clubs, so more then likely only one rep from each club went.
Surely that's obvious..apparently not.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Reillers reports the figures as 7000 at the march

RTE & the Gardai report the figure as 3000

I said what I was told. There was about 5000 at the march.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

Were the Gardai and RTE lying when they reported the crowd as 3000?

I was but surprisingly I didn't take a head count.
I'm not talking about the crowd I was talking about the march outside.
And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

Thats fair enough so - the way you phrased it though sounded like you weren't.

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..
You weren't talking to him. And I never said once that I was from there.
And I still don't think I insulted him once on here, and you have failed to produce any evidence otherwise.
And nearly the entire of Cork GAA despises, what is it they call him, "Sideshow Bob."

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:41:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 09:33:53 PM
The clubs have spoken or so we're told but what will this mean in effect ?

From a high of 12k a couple of weeks ago to 3k today, those who took part in the first march have also spoken.

Will Gerald now stand aside ?.Who will the players select as their new manager ?

The CB meeting scheduled for Tuesday night is apparently off, so there won't be a solution until the CB meet next.

The clubs are the only ones who matter.
Thousands turned up today when not a lot were expected because of the weather.
The fans feel the same as they did a few weeks ago.
Nothings changed since the first march except the fact that the support has grown.
There was 2 held. 2 protests held.
Why are you spinning it, it's become clear from your posts that you don't want us to find a solution.
First the fans were just shoppers and irrelevant according to your lot and now oh they are the total say so.

The grassroots who are the only ones imo who really matter have spoken, stop trying to degrade it because you don't want them to find a solution.

;D  ;D Ye must feel really strongly about this issue then!!! All suited up in proud red jersey ready for the big march until they the get to the front door...."Bit wet and cold for the march today to support the boys"...."Yeah, feck it...we'll watch the cats on the box"..

Priceless. Lameness excuse of all time.  ;D  ;D Not as many people shopping today????

Reillers

I'm sorry, how do ye not get this.

Lets talk about something relevant. Like oh I don't know,

The fact that the clubs made an overwhelming decision.

Taken directly from PROC..
CLOYNE MOTION
for 187. against 0. abstain 48. no decision made 23.

REMOVAL OF GERALD MAC
for 193. against 0. abstain 44. no decision made 21.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:45:53 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..
And I still don't think I insulted him once on here, and you have failed to produce any evidence otherwise.
And nearly the entire of Cork GAA despises, what is it they call him, "Sideshow Bob."

Ok we'll agree to disagree on Bob so - he gets unfairly tarnished because of that Tipp game but I always found him to be a straight talker.

I'll drop the issue if you like - you insulted him along the lines of 'My club are trying to have an SGM but it won't happen if a certain somebody in my club who knows the rules inside out and is very powerful in Cork GAA has his way, no one likes this guy and he's a spoofer and a gouger and not a nice person'..

Anyway this thread will be coming to a close by next weekend and Donal Og can submit his preferred choice of candidate - normal order will be resumed and the 2008 hurlers can continue to make personal profit ahead of that of the clubs..

Zulu

QuoteAnd no you weren't able to explain through fact or speculation the 400 figure.

While this is a bit sad at this stage I infact did, I speculated that maybe there were some individuals who were there that didn't represent clubs but whatever the reason there were 400 there is entirely irrelevant at this stage. The clubs are clearly supporting  the players.

QuotePut that another way Zulu. Today's figure discredits those putting the figure for the first 'march' at 10000 and trying to up the figure for today's 'march'. A drop of 7000? AIB shares didn't drop that much of a percentage!

No it doesn't, you don't know how many was at either march so you can't say there wasn't 10,000 at teh last march but again it irrelevant as the Cork GAA public are behind the players end of.

QuoteDon't think you got the right post and maybe you know it - hope you haven't deleted anything. I'll check again to see. Nearly sure it's to do with my post about nullifying county secretaries if it helps

I checked through 60 odd pages and that is the only one I came across, but even from that one you can see your overly sensitive nature about these things. If you can find another one where I call a post rubbish and it wasn't I'll gladly take it back.

orangeman

Of course everybody would like to see a favourable resolution. Nobody is enjoying what's going on down there, least of all those who are involved directly in it.

Can you imagine what it must be like for Gerald Mc Carthy, FM and the CB executive - all of whom ( bar FM ) are volunteers, men who have given all of their adult lives to the promotion of hurling in Cork and other places ??.

Now I know that the 2008 panel have given a lot as well, I'm not doubting that for one minute or taking it away from them.

But some of these men are in their sixties, maybe 70s and aren't used to this unwanted and unwarranted attention. It's not right and it's not on.

The 2008 panel are only lads in comparison.

I hope that whenever the 2008 panel have ended their careers that they receive the respect that FM, Gerlad and the rest of the CB felt that they had earned after a lifetime of service to the county and to the GAA.  I hope the 2008 panel go on to become administrators / managers and devote themselves to the GAA for the rest of their lives and that they feel that their efforts were worth it and that they were fully appreciated.

realrebel

over on the proc site the fellas who planned the march thought they would fill the uncoverd stand and maybe the blackrock end
they even told the guards there would be a massive crowd
now i could be wrong but 3000 people from a population of over 300,000 is not good

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:24:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
Are those figures for clubs or delegates

What?

What? what does that mean?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.
So now how many clubs were represented and how many votes did each club have?

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

And yes gardaí gave the figure 3000 at most so I'm entitled to question any figures you give.
Maybe it meant that I didn't get what you were asking me.
Nearly every club was represented at the meeting.
Last time it was discussion based purely, this time it was going to let the votes be known from their clubs, so more then likely only one rep from each club went.
Surely that's obvious..apparently not.

No there's nothing obvious about figures with you. The 400 doesn't tally with the number of clubs represented. You guessed the figure at the march today of 7000 and then changed the figure to 5000 and where you got your figure from to RTE/FM, but you couldn't remember which. So how many votes did each club have and how many clubs were represented and not represented?

Sure you probably don't know the last bit. Just everything else, although you're not sure how.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:51:17 PM

Ok we'll agree to disagree on Bob so - he gets unfairly tarnished because of that Tipp game but I always found him to be a straight talker.

I'll drop the issue if you like - you insulted him along the lines of 'My club are trying to have an SGM but it won't happen if a certain somebody in my club who knows the rules inside out and is very powerful in Cork GAA has his way, no one likes this guy and he's a spoofer and a gouger and not a nice person'..

Anyway this thread will be coming to a close by next weekend and Donal Og can submit his preferred choice of candidate - normal order will be resumed and the 2008 hurlers can continue to make personal profit ahead of that of the clubs..
I never said it was my club.
Why do you go on about Donal Og, he like Bob apparently, gets trashed unfairly in the press and by people who think they know it all.
I posted it all ready a few pages back and I'll post it again.
No one who has worked with him, to my knowledge anyway, has ever come out and said anything bad about Donal Og that ye seem to come up with in yere heads.

And as former member of the Cork backroom team, Martin Walsh, said..

"Anyone who ever worked with Donal Óg Cusack knows he'll listen to you. He wouldn't make you feel uncomfortable, no matter what you're saying; he'd do anything for you. He, Sean Óg and John Gardiner, as player reps, did everything they could to help Gerald over the last two seasons.

...."Donal Óg Cusack is an easy target for fellas to have a go at, an easy man to blame. As is Frank Murphy on the other side, in fairness. But to me Donal Óg is the ultimate professional — he, Sean Óg, Tom Kenny, they're lads who'll go to any lengths to get that extra one per cent out of themselves. To say Donal Óg doesn't want to be coached and so on — I know he'd row in 100% behind anyone who could improve things. That's the way he is — he's a great man for the organisation. So is Sean Óg."

Find me someone outside McCarthy and his ring of men and Fm who have said anything like ye have about Donal Og.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:59:19 PM

I never said it was my club.

You didn't have to - when you were taunting Indiana & Dowling the other day saying anyone who knew anything about Cork hurling could identify your club - anyhoo it's none of my business and if you want to deny it thats fair enough

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on March 08, 2009, 09:52:11 PM
QuoteAnd no you weren't able to explain through fact or speculation the 400 figure.

While this is a bit sad at this stage I infact did, I speculated that maybe there were some individuals who were there that didn't represent clubs but whatever the reason there were 400 there is entirely irrelevant at this stage. The clubs are clearly supporting  the players.

QuotePut that another way Zulu. Today's figure discredits those putting the figure for the first 'march' at 10000 and trying to up the figure for today's 'march'. A drop of 7000? AIB shares didn't drop that much of a percentage!

No it doesn't, you don't know how many was at either march so you can't say there wasn't 10,000 at teh last march but again it irrelevant as the Cork GAA public are behind the players end of.

QuoteDon't think you got the right post and maybe you know it - hope you haven't deleted anything. I'll check again to see. Nearly sure it's to do with my post about nullifying county secretaries if it helps

I checked through 60 odd pages and that is the only one I came across, but even from that one you can see your overly sensitive nature about these things. If you can find another one where I call a post rubbish and it wasn't I'll gladly take it back.

So nothing's relevent because you say the 2008 panel have their support. Maybe we should all stop posting now Zulu.
But if I was a panel supporter and someone pointed out that their given figures were a bit dodgey I might want to reconsider my support.

You said I was wrong about something and you were quite emphatic about it. If you now know you were wrong just say and get it over with.

bingobus

One other thing, a good friend was talking recently with a former IC Cork footballer. His take on it is that the "grassroots" have been slowly whipped up in an almost frenzy at this stage and they are all looking to make noise and back the players as its the in thing!!. He saids it a disgrace that the players have been allowed to get to this stage and its a disgrace that the CB let it get to this stage. He is totally disgusted at the actions on all sides.

One of his points was valid, at that all these EGMS's, SGM's etc the members coming to vote are all 100+, 200+, he said that at one of these clubs AGMs the turnout was 48 and almost 200 voted at the EGM. Real GAA and grass roots people them  ::) Probably selling memberships at the door.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:59:19 PM

Find me someone outside McCarthy and his ring of men and Fm who have said anything like ye have about Donal Og.

Much like the spineless cowards who lift their hand at CCB meetings when they get the nod from Frank (Source - Reillers) anyone who has the temerity to disagree with Donal Og finds themselves blackguarded in the national media and don't get me started on the GPA pr machine and their rump of malcontents..

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 09:54:39 PM
Of course everybody would like to see a favourable resolution. Nobody is enjoying what's going on down there, least of all those who are involved directly in it.

Can you imagine what it must be like for Gerald Mc Carthy, FM and the CB executive - all of whom ( bar FM ) are volunteers, men who have given all of their adult lives to the promotion of hurling in Cork and other places ??.

Now I know that the 2008 panel have given a lot as well, I'm not doubting that for one minute or taking it away from them.

But some of these men are in their sixties, maybe 70s and aren't used to this unwanted and unwarranted attention. It's not right and it's not on.

The 2008 panel are only lads in comparison.

I hope that whenever the 2008 panel have ended their careers that they receive the respect that FM, Gerlad and the rest of the CB felt that they had earned after a lifetime of service to the county and to the GAA.  I hope the 2008 panel go on to become administrators / managers and devote themselves to the GAA for the rest of their lives and that they feel that their efforts were worth it and that they were fully appreciated.

The way you post, anytime anything favorable that would suggest the players uniting to find a solution you always come out and run it down. You along with a lot on here seem to be enjoying this very much.

I've no sympathy for any involved. None at all for FM, the CB executives, they got themselves into this position and have made their beds, they have burned clubs for years and now because the clubs are fighting back, they are jokes and a disgrace to Cork GAA.
As for Gerald. I do have sympathy for him, but he made his bed.
There's been f**k all promotion of the game in Cork and they haven't done their jobs for a very long time.
So no, I really couldn't care less what it's like for them.

Bullshit. FM is 65. The rest aren't, he's the oldest of the lot. And they are dragging the attention to them. Not used to it OM, you're talking through your ass. Not on, you've no idea what you're talking about.
I don't care how old they have intentionally been responsible for this, they reappointed Gerald knowing 100% what would happen, they wanted rid of the players and if they had any intention of getting them back, wanting them back, they'd be back there now and would have been months ago.

QuoteI hope that whenever the 2008 panel have ended their careers that they receive the respect that FM, Gerlad and the rest of the CB felt that they had earned after a lifetime of service to the county and to the GAA.  I hope the 2008 panel go on to become administrators / managers and devote themselves to the GAA for the rest of their lives and that they feel that their efforts were worth it and that they were fully appreciated.

The last bit is a joke, laughable.
Respect. The CB wouldn't know respect if they were hit in the face with it. They respect no one, absolutely no one but themselves. They don't care what the clubs think, what the players think, what the fans think. All they care about is themselves. They have curropted the board and have cause the players to down toolds 3 times.

"When the history of Cork hurling is written Frank Murphy will take his rightfull place at the bottom of the pile."

OM out of all your posts that is the most stupid thing I've read.