McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

[quote author=bingobus link=topic=9876.msg497078#msg497078 date=1236549914

One of his points was valid, at that all these EGMS's, SGM's etc the members coming to vote are all 100+, 200+, he said that at one of these clubs AGMs the turnout was 48 and almost 200 voted at the EGM. Real GAA and grass roots people them  ::) Probably selling memberships at the door.
[/quote]

I've asked the question a few times but have to receive an answer - how are they controlling attendance and ensuring it's only the Chairman & Secretary that attend - it could well be the same bunch of headcases who aren't even members of the GAA going around from club to club..

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:59:19 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:45:53 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Reillers reports the figures as 7000 at the march

RTE & the Gardai report the figure as 3000

I said what I was told. There was about 5000 at the march.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

Were the Gardai and RTE lying when they reported the crowd as 3000?

I was but surprisingly I didn't take a head count.
I'm not talking about the crowd I was talking about the march outside.
And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

Thats fair enough so - the way you phrased it though sounded like you weren't.

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..
You weren't talking to him. And I never said once that I was from there.
And I still don't think I insulted him once on here, and you have failed to produce any evidence otherwise.
And nearly the entire of Cork GAA despises, what is it they call him, "Sideshow Bob."

Ok we'll agree to disagree on Bob so - he gets unfairly tarnished because of that Tipp game but I always found him to be a straight talker.

I'll drop the issue if you like - you insulted him along the lines of 'My club are trying to have an SGM but it won't happen if a certain somebody in my club who knows the rules inside out and is very powerful in Cork GAA has his way, no one likes this guy and he's a spoofer and a gouger and not a nice person'..

Anyway this thread will be coming to a close by next weekend and Donal Og can submit his preferred choice of candidate - normal order will be resumed and the 2008 hurlers can continue to make personal profit ahead of that of the clubs..
I never said it was my club.
Why do you go on about Donal Og, he like Bob apparently, gets trashed unfairly in the press and by people who think they know it all.
I posted it all ready a few pages back and I'll post it again.
No one who has worked with him, to my knowledge anyway, has ever come out and said anything bad about Donal Og that ye seem to come up with in yere heads.

And as former member of the Cork backroom team, Martin Walsh, said..

"Anyone who ever worked with Donal Óg Cusack knows he'll listen to you. He wouldn't make you feel uncomfortable, no matter what you're saying; he'd do anything for you. He, Sean Óg and John Gardiner, as player reps, did everything they could to help Gerald over the last two seasons.

...."Donal Óg Cusack is an easy target for fellas to have a go at, an easy man to blame. As is Frank Murphy on the other side, in fairness. But to me Donal Óg is the ultimate professional — he, Sean Óg, Tom Kenny, they're lads who'll go to any lengths to get that extra one per cent out of themselves. To say Donal Óg doesn't want to be coached and so on — I know he'd row in 100% behind anyone who could improve things. That's the way he is — he's a great man for the organisation. So is Sean Óg."

Find me someone outside McCarthy and his ring of men and Fm who have said anything like ye have about Donal Og.

"Obviously, Gerald McCarthy is a great Cork man as a player, manager and person. I've worked with Gerald back in 1992 when he was trainer when the Canon (Michael O'Brien) was the coach.

"I have great time for Gerald and I think he is a great man. I'm sure he will do a great job with the Cork hurling team."

Who said that

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:02:57 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..
And I still don't think I insulted him once on here, and you have failed to produce any evidence otherwise.
And nearly the entire of Cork GAA despises, what is it they call him, "Sideshow Bob."

Ok we'll agree to disagree on Bob so - he gets unfairly tarnished because of that Tipp game but I always found him to be a straight talker.

I'll drop the issue if you like - you insulted him along the lines of 'My club are trying to have an SGM but it won't happen if a certain somebody in my club who knows the rules inside out and is very powerful in Cork GAA has his way, no one likes this guy and he's a spoofer and a gouger and not a nice person'..

Anyway this thread will be coming to a close by next weekend and Donal Og can submit his preferred choice of candidate - normal order will be resumed and the 2008 hurlers can continue to make personal profit ahead of that of the clubs..

You didn't have to - when you were taunting Indiana & Dowling the other day saying anyone who knew anything about Cork hurling could identify your club - anyhoo it's none of my business and if you want to deny it thats fair enough
I never said it and I still haven't. And even then, what right do you think you have to discuss it on here, when a mod checks this forum you probably will be band because of all the posts you made directed at me and personal posts about finances and such which also breach the rules.
I gave you know right to discuss something that was none of your business about my personal life.
And it will probably warrant a ban, and that's your fault.

orangeman

Quote from: bingobus on March 08, 2009, 10:05:14 PM
One other thing, a good friend was talking recently with a former IC Cork footballer. His take on it is that the "grassroots" have been slowly whipped up in an almost frenzy at this stage and they are all looking to make noise and back the players as its the in thing!!. He saids it a disgrace that the players have been allowed to get to this stage and its a disgrace that the CB let it get to this stage. He is totally disgusted at the actions on all sides.

One of his points was valid, at that all these EGMS's, SGM's etc the members coming to vote are all 100+, 200+, he said that at one of these clubs AGMs the turnout was 48 and almost 200 voted at the EGM. Real GAA and grass roots people them  ::) Probably selling memberships at the door.

No doubt about that Bingobus - very, very true - it's easy to be emotional on this issue and stir things up into a crescendo of anger etc etc - Where are all these lads when there's work to be done round the clubs ? And why did they not attend the AGM ? This has developed into complete hysteria and the amount of bitterness,division, ill will, fall outs and hatred is unique. You'll have to go back a long way in history to find a subject that has caused such division in the GAA.

And all because the 2008 panel wouldn't move an inch !!!

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:10:46 PM

You didn't have to - when you were taunting Indiana & Dowling the other day saying anyone who knew anything about Cork hurling could identify your club - anyhoo it's none of my business and if you want to deny it thats fair enough
I never said it and I still haven't. And even then, what right do you think you have to discuss it on here, when a mod checks this forum you probably will be band because of all the posts you made directed at me and personal posts about finances and such which also breach the rules.
I gave you know right to discuss something that was none of your business about my personal life.

Just for the record Reillers, you've defamed Frank Murphy on countless occassions in this thread, called the named Cork GAA PRO a 'p***k' and insulted every poster who disagreed with you - so come down off that perch

What do you mean about a 'band'? I'm not involved in the music industry whatsoever..

Reillers

One other thing, a good friend was talking recently with a former IC Cork footballer. His take on it is that the "grassroots" have been slowly whipped up in an almost frenzy at this stage and they are all looking to make noise and back the players as its the in thing!!. He saids it a disgrace that the players have been allowed to get to this stage and its a disgrace that the CB let it get to this stage. He is totally disgusted at the actions on all sides.

And so comes the spin.
This isn't just about the IC players, it's about the disgraceful acts by the CB over the years and the clubs have finally steped up to take their power back, their voice has been taken for too long.
You think that the clubs would let this be led by one or two.

Every club voted in favour of the players, not one against. No one, not one, voted against them, even the pro CB clubs that would have been expected to.
Except it, the clubs have spoken, the players, morally at least, have won.
It's just a matter of how the Cb act now.
Stop trying to rip down the clubs, you seem to have a lesser opinion of them then the CB.
The clubs ran the meeting tonight by the by.

Get over it, the grassroots have spoken.

I can't believe ye think that little of the clubs.

First it's the players are wrong.
Then oh it's the fans,
And now it's oh sure the clubs, there most be something wrong there.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 10:09:57 PM

Why do you go on about Donal Og, he like Bob apparently, gets trashed unfairly in the press and by people who think they know it all.
I posted it all ready a few pages back and I'll post it again.
No one who has worked with him, to my knowledge anyway, has ever come out and said anything bad about Donal Og that ye seem to come up with in yere heads.

And as former member of the Cork backroom team, Martin Walsh, said..

"Anyone who ever worked with Donal Óg Cusack knows he'll listen to you. He wouldn't make you feel uncomfortable, no matter what you're saying; he'd do anything for you. He, Sean Óg and John Gardiner, as player reps, did everything they could to help Gerald over the last two seasons.

...."Donal Óg Cusack is an easy target for fellas to have a go at, an easy man to blame. As is Frank Murphy on the other side, in fairness. But to me Donal Óg is the ultimate professional — he, Sean Óg, Tom Kenny, they're lads who'll go to any lengths to get that extra one per cent out of themselves. To say Donal Óg doesn't want to be coached and so on — I know he'd row in 100% behind anyone who could improve things. That's the way he is — he's a great man for the organisation. So is Sean Óg."

Find me someone outside McCarthy and his ring of men and Fm who have said anything like ye have about Donal Og.

"Obviously, Gerald McCarthy is a great Cork man as a player, manager and person. I've worked with Gerald back in 1992 when he was trainer when the Canon (Michael O'Brien) was the coach.

"I have great time for Gerald and I think he is a great man. I'm sure he will do a great job with the Cork hurling team."

Who said that

Brian Corcoran..and the point to that is.
The first part of it in large is still true.

But he didn't do a great job and here we are.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:15:00 PM

Just for the record Reillers, you've defamed Frank Murphy on countless occassions in this thread, called the named Cork GAA PRO a 'p***k' and insulted every poster who disagreed with you - so come down off that perch

What do you mean about a 'band'? I'm not involved in the music industry whatsoever..

None of it was personal, an opinion. Nothing like what you posted about me or about the so called gainings of the person.
Insulted them, no more then they did to me, calling them an idiot, when they posted an idiotic post is one thing. That doesn't warrant a ban.
I'm pretty sure, but not a mod, that what you have been posting does about me, my personal backround and the clubs personal life.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:16:50 PM

And so comes the spin.
This isn't just about the IC players, it's about the disgraceful acts by the CB over the years and the clubs have finally steped up to take their power back, their voice has been taken for too long.

Every club voted in favour of the players, not one against. No one, not one, voted against them, even the pro CB clubs that would have been expected to.
Stop trying to rip down the clubs, you seem to have a lesser opinion of them then the CB.

Then oh it's the fans,

Your posts might have more credibility if you could deal in specifics and stop just posting the same raimis over and over...

How do you respond to the claim that there were twice as many people in attendance at a club sgm than were at the AGM?

How is attendance controlled?

dowling

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:56:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:24:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
Are those figures for clubs or delegates

What?

What? what does that mean?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.
So now how many clubs were represented and how many votes did each club have?

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

And yes gardaí gave the figure 3000 at most so I'm entitled to question any figures you give.
Maybe it meant that I didn't get what you were asking me.
Nearly every club was represented at the meeting.
Last time it was discussion based purely, this time it was going to let the votes be known from their clubs, so more then likely only one rep from each club went.
Surely that's obvious..apparently not.

No there's nothing obvious about figures with you. The 400 doesn't tally with the number of clubs represented. You guessed the figure at the march today of 7000 and then changed the figure to 5000 and where you got your figure from to RTE/FM, but you couldn't remember which. So how many votes did each club have and how many clubs were represented and not represented?

Sure you probably don't know the last bit. Just everything else, although you're not sure how.

Didn't doubt for a minute you'd get Corcoran and have an answer.

Now answer that bit.

bingobus

And so comes the spin.

Then oh it's the fans,

Cop yourself on. I was repeating what a Cork person has side and its very clear to anyone with any knid of perspective what has happened. Is this the clubs talking or the armchair summer supporters.

You have said in a couple of posts about how little I think of clubs and have even misquoted me about my comments on clubs.

I'll tell you, I have absolutely no love for my CB and I could list 10 things that they done in Monaghan that would put the list of "cirmes" of FM and the Cork CB posted on this thread to shame. Ye haven't a monopoly on idiot county boards.

You's have no idea the damage this is doing to the GAA in Cork and round the county. No idea.

The 2008 players are taken the whole GAA structure are pulling it down. The GPA are rubbing the hands. You may think its the clubs doing this but the 2008 panel are playing them like puppets on strings. Its a joke.    

orangeman

Except it, the clubs have spoken, the players, morally at least, have won

Victory at last for the 2008 panel - only men of high moral fibre could have achieved that victory.  The CB, Gerald and the devil Frank have been slain.

Free admission to all matches into the bargain.  ;D ;D

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:21:37 PM

None of it was personal, an opinion. Nothing like what you posted about me or about the so called gainings of the person.
Insulted them, no more then they did to me, calling them an idiot, when they posted an idiotic post is one thing. That doesn't warrant a ban.
I'm pretty sure, but not a mod, that what you have been posting does about me, my personal backround and the clubs personal life.

Calling Gerard Lane (the Cork PRO) a p***k isn't personal?

You've defamed Frank countless times

I posted nothing about your 'personal background' or the 'clubs personal life' (whatever that is)...plenty of others posted your club before I did - I only put two and two together when I realised you were insulting my friend Bobby (another person you've defamed)

dowling

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:22:33 PM

And so comes the spin.

Then oh it's the fans,

Your posts might have more credibility if you could deal in specifics and stop just posting the same raimis over and over...

How do you respond to the claim that there were twice as many people in attendance at a club sgm than were at the AGM?

How is attendance controlled?

If I was Frank Murphy I'd be looking for lists from all club on members to make sure that all those who attended SGMs had paid their subs. There might be shakey ground here. Or can we forget about that rule too?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 10:21:37 PM

Calling Gerard Lane (the Cork PRO) a p***k isn't personal?

You've defamed Frank countless times

I posted nothing about your 'personal background' or the 'clubs personal life' (whatever that is)...plenty of others posted your club before I did - I only put two and two together when I realised you were insulting my friend Bobby (another person you've defamed)

Which I retracted almost straight away.

You made personal comments about me which I gave you know permision to do so.
And again, show me where I insulted him. I didn't.

I couldn't care less to be honest what you posted, but then again I'm not a mod.