Laid Off?

Started by Mayo4Sam, October 16, 2008, 07:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: under the bar on October 17, 2008, 10:13:40 AM
If anyone who has no ties could do worse than heading to Alberta Canada.  Huge labour shortages and salaries of st£100k for skilled workers.

That's money !

T Fearon

Ah well. That rules me out. I have a wardrobe full of ties, and about a dozen shirts as well! ;D

By the way, I'll be in Dubai myself on my Ulster Bank paid for jolly in November, if you (or anyone else) wants to hook up

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on October 17, 2008, 04:47:22 PM
Ah well. That rules me out. I have a wardrobe full of ties, and about a dozen shirts as well! ;D

By the way, I'll be in Dubai myself on my Ulster Bank paid for jolly in November, if you (or anyone else) wants to hook up

Make sure you go to the right bar this time  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

best of luck to mayo4sam and any of our other friends of the board who are having it tough at this time

tony, you might want some ideas of where to go etc in dubai..was there last month myself...
pm me your email address

Down Gael

Quote from: Diet Coke on October 16, 2008, 08:59:39 PM
Quote from: Down Gael on October 16, 2008, 08:51:59 PM
I offered a lad a job a few weeks back, told him we could "only" pay him €120 a day and he turned it down. Said he wouldnt get out of bed for it. I was talking to him yesterday, he is still not working and hasnt bothered to sign on.

What was the job?

Painter

Quote from: orangeman on October 16, 2008, 11:05:26 PM
Gee - € 120 a day is good money - what sort of money was he on before ??

Probably €150 - €180 a day. Thats into his hand.
That offer was made 6 weeks ago, he hasnt earned a penny since.

pintsofguinness

He probably thought you couldn't/wouldn't pay him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Watcher Pat

If you have no money coming in surely anything at alls better than anything! I'd have to terminate his JSA claim for not actively seeking work.......
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

€120 per day jeez thats nothing to be laughed at, €600 a week is not bad in my book
The little bollix doesn't deserve a f**king job
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Down Gael

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 17, 2008, 07:39:50 PM

He thinks he is worth more than €120 a day. €600 a week into the sky rocket isnt bad money, especially when you arent working and its getting close to Christmas. A lot of people seem to over value themselves. 3 years ago we were all on better money, but those days are gone. Brickies are the same. I know one team of brickies who wont accept less than top dollar for work. Granted they are good workers, but they arent earning at the minute. Thats ok until the savings run out. And I know in one case that day is very very close.

Tony Baloney

Sure that's nuts. No matter how good you are you'll only ever get what people are prepared to pay. At the minute clients have a lot of tradesmen by the short ones due to the jack of work.

orangeman

Quote from: Down Gael on October 17, 2008, 10:22:32 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 17, 2008, 07:39:50 PM

He thinks he is worth more than €120 a day. €600 a week into the sky rocket isnt bad money, especially when you arent working and its getting close to Christmas. A lot of people seem to over value themselves. 3 years ago we were all on better money, but those days are gone. Brickies are the same. I know one team of brickies who wont accept less than top dollar for work. Granted they are good workers, but they arent earning at the minute. Thats ok until the savings run out. And I know in one case that day is very very close.

€ 600 for 5 days into your pocket is damn good money - I'd say he'll be in touch before too long.

Tony Baloney

See Taggart Holdings has gone into administration. Maybe the fancy dan that runs it will have to cancel Lionel Richie for his xmas party and downsize to Malachi Cush!

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2008, 10:06:34 PM
See Taggart Holdings has gone into administration. Maybe the fancy dan that runs it will have to cancel Lionel Richie for his xmas party and downsize to Malachi Cush!

That will be "muuurder" for them........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doire abú

If anyone who has no ties could do worse than heading to Alberta Canada.  Huge labour shortages and salaries of st£100k for skilled workers.

How long could you go for without a visa, or do you need one no matter what the lenght?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Doire abú on October 21, 2008, 11:47:06 PM

How long could you go for without a visa, or do you need one no matter what the lenght?

Under the Bar, are the positions in the oil fields up there and are you working there?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014