drinks that make you vom

Started by maggie, October 12, 2008, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Rumplemintz.  I had a bad experience of it when I was 16 and one whiff of it anytime after that had me gaggin. I havent seen it about in a while thank god

screenexile

Hmmmmm drink that makes me vom... well tequila has done it, they still talk about the time I projectile vomitted in the front room when I was handed a glass of 'water' which was actually vodka. Aftershock and Sambuca have both made me vomit as well as a bad feed of Guinness one night... why do I do it?

I can't beat 19 Aftershocks but I know a fella who used to drink in the nightclub I worked in who would fill a pint glass with 15 Aftershock ad down it... how his stomach is still intact I will never know!

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: screenexile on October 13, 2008, 08:56:00 AM
Hmmmmm drink that makes me vom... well tequila has done it, they still talk about the time I projectile vomitted in the front room when I was handed a glass of 'water' which was actually vodka. Aftershock and Sambuca have both made me vomit as well as a bad feed of Guinness one night... why do I do it?

I can't beat 19 Aftershocks but I know a fella who used to drink in the nightclub I worked in who would fill a pint glass with 15 Aftershock ad down it... how his stomach is still intact I will never know!

screenexile, surely not??? 15!!!!  :o what colour of aftershock was it? the red one always didnt sit well with me in my younger days!

Cointreau is not easy kept down either at times

cornerback

In my student days, working in a bar i often did the delivery shift.  If a spirit/liquer bottle was delivered with the neck broke, the delivery men just had to take the neck back as proof.  The member of staff doing the delivery got to keep the bottle - nothing a few sheets of filter paper wouldn't sort out (to remove any glass)!!

On one such occasion, i got a bottle of red aftershock!  So that nite i had a cheap carryout!  I thought i survived ok but the next day the 10 + shots had caught up with me!  Needless to say the rest of the bottle went down the sink...

Not too fond of the aftershock these days!

thebandit

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Watcher Pat

On my 18th my mates decided to have a bet and see who could make me sick first....drank rum and baileys mixed....buckfast ....everytihing i could get except,,,pimms    that stuff is horrible!! Cant even bear the smell of it now!!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Aerlik

More than one glass of white wine and I'm dry reaching.  All to do with the preservatives.  Red wine, however is no bother.  Can easily knock back a bottle and a bit ( :P)  The brother-in-law, a Frenchman, advised me to never buy wine with less than 12% alcohol content as it is shite.

Won't even smell tequila never mind drink it.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

stiffler

Was in Berlin there at the weekend, plenty of beer, but no hangover on sunday morning for a shock.

I was told this was due to a law in germany where by they are only allowed 4 ingredients in their beers, so that its not full of different chemicals.

Does anyone know if this is true or not, if it is il be drinking Warsteiner from now on!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Onion Bag

f**k, sounds good alright, although it could a recipe for a disaster, with no hangover, does it mean no drink depression either,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

EC Unique

Would this be more like you Maggie? :D

:-*

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stiffler on October 13, 2008, 12:32:38 PM
Was in Berlin there at the weekend, plenty of beer, but no hangover on sunday morning for a shock.

I was told this was due to a law in germany where by they are only allowed 4 ingredients in their beers, so that its not full of different chemicals.

Does anyone know if this is true or not, if it is il be drinking Warsteiner from now on!
It's the Reinheitsgebot or Beer Purity Law to you and me. It's true bill and limits the ingredients to water, barley and hops plus a couple of others but nothing artificial. Czech beer must be the same as I drank the piece out in Prague about ten years ago and never had a hangover!
I think it is safe to assume the same laws don't apply to Harp!

nifan

Stiffler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

not a law anymore but they mostly still stick to it, and state they are brewed in accrodence with it.
Most of the german beers you get here stick to it.

kumquat

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Puckoon

Quote from: kumquat on October 13, 2008, 01:34:51 PM
Green Charteuse

Poison!!!

Shit, id forgotten about that one. complete with heart palpitations for3 days.