Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Lads I'm just being nosey here but the photo on the back page of today's Irish News has a guy sitting on his hole on the ground with a Bainisteoir's bib on and he is referred to as James McGrath (Slaughtneil Selector)....where was John Raff? Should he not have had that bib on?
The Aristocrat Years

ExiledGael

There's a photo of Rafferty in the Irish Times today wearing abib saying "Maor Foirne". What does that translate as exactly? Thought it was just a runner.

Bomber

This is the runner, yes, usually a team selector. Some teams pull the fast one and use their manager as their Maor Foirne so the manager can run around issuing the instructions.

5 Sams

Quote from: Bomber on October 10, 2008, 03:56:56 PM
This is the runner, yes, usually a team selector. Some teams pull the fast one and use their manager as their Maor Foirne so the manager can run around issuing the instructions.

Sounds like something Rafferty would be up to alright.....fly hewer
The Aristocrat Years

quit yo jibbajabba

hi chaps; dont wanna keep stirrin up the hornets nest, but i was at this match on sunday, about 5 yards away from the row;
about 5seconds before francis jumped into the crowd he was mouthing at a ballinderry supporter, not sayin this was wile wrong, as it appeared this guy had been mouthin at him as he was sent off;
it was at this stage a scuffle started between 2sets of supporters, all i could see were guys in late 20s/early 30s; didnt see any old men at all; sorry;
this was when francis jumped through the wire, followed by twin;
so to keep sayin it was related to his father is in my opinion wrong;
im not sayin his father wasnt kicked/hit; it may even have been very close to this row; i just dont know;

but in my opinion they jumped through the wire to join in the row;

neutral (who was half hopin to see the robbies, as they now want to be known as, win)
and btw, devlins wasa definite spit, in case there is any ambiguity, saw it clear as day

jodyb

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 10, 2008, 01:05:05 PM
Quote from: tieroan on October 10, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
As someone with no connection to Derry football I would have no reason to take either side in this debate although I am a big fan of the Ballinderry club. I have friends from Newbridge who were at the game and they saw a heated debate between a man they knew as McIldowneys dad and another man they did not know. The man they did not know kicked the twins father, who was on the step below, on the chest knocking him to the ground. It was then that the twins came into the crowd.

well thats clears that up...thanx

TFAL...looks like you have been disingenuous

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 10, 2008, 07:02:04 PM
hi chaps; dont wanna keep stirrin up the hornets nest, but i was at this match on sunday, about 5 yards away from the row;
about 5seconds before francis jumped into the crowd he was mouthing at a ballinderry supporter, not sayin this was wile wrong, as it appeared this guy had been mouthin at him as he was sent off;
it was at this stage a scuffle started between 2sets of supporters, all i could see were guys in late 20s/early 30s; didnt see any old men at all; sorry;
this was when francis jumped through the wire, followed by twin;
so to keep sayin it was related to his father is in my opinion wrong;
im not sayin his father wasnt kicked/hit; it may even have been very close to this row; i just dont know;

but in my opinion they jumped through the wire to join in the row;

neutral (who was half hopin to see the robbies, as they now want to be known as, win)
and btw, devlins wasa definite spit, in case there is any ambiguity, saw it clear as day

Wasn't at the game, but the brother was standin right beside the row and he tells it that the ballinderry supporter was givin Twin a serious touch as he was walkin off and Francis was tellin him to 'come in here and say it'.

When the row took off, the twins da was, indeed knocked to the ground by a kick and then the two of them came through the fence
So tieroan as far as I'm concerned is telling it like it is.

Blacksheep

I was at the game. Not relying on my cousin or sister or neighbour from 2 parishes away, as eye witnesses .

It was clean game with a bit of a row but nothing worst than youd see at many a u12 league game. The only reason theres a fuse is because the county officers took a bit of stick. Completely over the top reaction which will be overturned on appeal.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

jodyb

Quote from: Blacksheep on October 10, 2008, 09:09:14 PM
I was at the game. Not relying on my cousin or sister or neighbour from 2 parishes away, as eye witnesses .

It was clean game with a bit of a row but nothing worst than youd see at many a u12 league game. The only reason theres a fuse is because the county officers took a bit of stick. Completely over the top reaction which will be overturned on appeal.

Not disagreeing with any of that Blacksheep. My only reason for throwin in my tuppence worth was because of the 2 different accounts from tieroan and quit yo jibbajabba

muppet

Thread: Hefty Bans

I thought this thread was going to be about Rubenesque female Gárdaí.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2008, 12:05:40 PM
Thread: Hefty Bans
I thought this thread was going to be about Rubenesque female Gárdaí.
he was the original 'chubby chaser' wasnt he !

Over the Bar

QuoteThis is the runner, yes, usually a team selector. Some teams pull the fast one and use their manager as their Maor Foirne so the manager can run around issuing the instructions.

Can't the manager run about anyway when there's a break in play?

Onion Bag

Quote from: orangeman on October 10, 2008, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: CoDeo2 on October 10, 2008, 01:51:13 PM
Irish star reckons paul devlin is getting a 96 week ban too? What was his part in it?

Ungetlemanly conduct - apparently spittiing at a Slaughtneil player.

If true, he deserves whatever ban given to him, Gypsy bastard
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Longshanks

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 13, 2008, 01:40:40 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 10, 2008, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: CoDeo2 on October 10, 2008, 01:51:13 PM
Irish star reckons paul devlin is getting a 96 week ban too? What was his part in it?

Ungetlemanly conduct - apparently spittiing at a Slaughtneil player.

If true, he deserves whatever ban given to him, Gypsy b**tard

Aye deserves all he gets if that's true, no need for that sort of thing, as for the ban on the club I find that very harsh given that it only involved the minority and believe it will be reduced if not overturned on appeal.

Carmen Stateside

Who is the Paul Devlin? 

screenexile

Former Tyrone corner back along with Fay... from Moortown I think.