Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Dunno if it's true or not but the thing is managers and players do read these things and it can have a negative affect on the team especially if it's not true. Just last night our manager could tell us that some guy on Orchard County had us relegated before July was out, it was used as good motivation and we went on to win by 10pts but it just goes to show you that these sites are monitored...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Quote from: pearseog on April 17, 2009, 11:54:08 AM
like i said, he is obviously your club mate, ask him, then come back to me

Yes a club mate and I know Marty very well, and I also know that my story is true and yours is a lie - that is a fact!

The rumour mill is in full swing in the county. A few players drop off because they know they won;t get near the 24 and all of a sudden people think that the Crragh Mutiny is taking place again.

davo

lads i think the vast majority of stuff on this thread is total rubbish.

corn02

Quote from: davo on April 17, 2009, 11:58:28 AM

The majority? Try 100% bullshit.

BerfArmagh

Charlie Vernon & Ronan Clarke have now left the panel, some disagreement over positions for the Tyrone game

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 17, 2009, 12:04:56 PM
Charlie Vernon & Ronan Clarke have now left the panel, some disagreement over positions for the Tyrone game

I heard Peter has decided to just let The Armagh Minor team play instead

Yes I Would

Quote from: corn02 on April 17, 2009, 11:59:10 AM

everything you say corn included in that 100%?

BerfArmagh

Vernons on a plane to Melbourne as we speak.
Clarke has hit the bottle.
Stevie Mc Donnell has jumped on a ferry to liverpool
Donaghy & Mc Keever are drinking BO in the college fields

I think we might beat tyrone this year 8)

Onion Bag

I heard Mickey Harte came home from work yesterday only to find Peter Mc Donnell in bed with his Wife, that will be good motivation for Mickey come the 31st
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: Yes I Would on April 17, 2009, 12:06:49 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 17, 2009, 11:59:10 AM

everything you say corn included in that 100%?

Boom boom, i didn't make any original claims.

corn02

Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 17, 2009, 12:08:37 PM
Vernons on a plane to Melbourne as we speak.
Clarke has hit the bottle.
Stevie Mc Donnell has jumped on a ferry to liverpool
Donaghy & Mc Keever are drinking BO in the college fields

I think we might beat tyrone this year 8)

Hearty is our new full forward, Denis Hollywood s our goalie and Peter himself is lining out in the middle of the park.

the scenic route

Corn02 and Doire na Raithe (R.I.P.) coming out of retirement to operate as a two man full forward line
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Real1995

Rumour mill is in full swing as right...MOR would be the last man i would imagine to walk away from the panel...

Any of those who have left the panel like Toal / McDonnell etc....are gone cause of two reasons..

1. Lacked the committment....In my eyes any man who doesn want to work hard to get in the team doesn deserve to be there no matter how skillful a player he is....Jaysus i kno plenty of club players in the county who if they got their chance to have a go at the county would sweat blood and gutts - look at Barry Shannon at the min for example...

2. Simply not good enough - and as corn said they know they are not going to make the championship panel...
Nice guys always finish second!

DuffleKing

Anyone care to attribute a 1 or a 2 to the following?

Bellew
McGrane
McKeever
Toal
McDonnell
Toner
Clarke
Mackin
O'Rourke n
McDonald B
O'Rourke m
Donnelly

mountainboii

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 17, 2009, 01:04:07 PM

Anyone care to attribute a 1 or a 2 to the following?

Bellew - Was always likely to quit, in fact I'm surprised he even came back last year.
McGrane - Was always going to be his last year, he's injured with no signs of it clearing up soon.
McKeever - Great guy, but the reality is that he's been very much a bit part player for the last 3 years. Whisper it... but its not beyond the realms of possibility that he was simply dropped.
Toal - Been problem getting him to commit since he first arrived on the panel during the last reign. Even at club level Harps supposedly have problems getting him to give 100%. No surprise he left.
McDonnell - Dropped
Toner - Dropped
Clarke - Dropped
Mackin - Dropped
O'Rourke n - Dropped
McDonald B - Dropped
O'Rourke m - Unverified rumour
Donnelly - Unverified rumour

If all the players that were on the panel at the start of the league were retained after the Cross players returned we'd be running with a panel of 37 or 38 players. It was always inevitable that some lads were going to get dropped. Being brutally honest, those that were dropped are no big loss.