Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

I'd swap Charlie with Shorty... & find anothe midfielder during the league, if Floppy retires (I've heard he isn't!! - not confirmed though!)

Onion Bag

Havent heard any word on Floppy, but would rather see Armagh lining  without him, we need to get a new team built, and he aint going to be round much longer so from Mc Kenna cup and league, we need to get a steady team,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

full back

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 09, 2008, 09:07:53 AM
I'd swap Charlie with Shorty... & find anothe midfielder during the league, if Floppy retires (I've heard he isn't!! - not confirmed though!)

Thought he would have been concentrating on the club this year in Div 2.
Mind you, Armagh could still do with him, doesnt seem to be any replacements as yet :-\

naka

hopefully we will get within 10 points of the tyronnies who are undoubtedly the greatest gaelic foot ball team ever assembled, I would expect armagh fans to give these  Tyrone superheroes a rousing cheer on their way to another sam and be just glad we are allowed to be on the same field as them

on a separate note cant wait for it has to be clones ( bring back big barry duffy) ;D

saffron sam2

I noted on RTE last evening that full time numpty and would-be GAA president Jarlath Burns has stated that Clones is the only possible venue for this game. In the previous sentence he stated that it would have been good if Armagh had gotten a home draw to re-open the Athletic Grounds.

Idiot.

I'm backing Tyrone because of this blatant campaign to take home advantage from them and give what is effectively a home tie to the second team pulled out of the hat.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Onion Bag

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 09, 2008, 10:03:28 AM
I noted on RTE last evening that full time numpty and would-be GAA president Jarlath Burns has stated that Clones is the only possible venue for this game. In the previous sentence he stated that it would have been good if Armagh had gotten a home draw to re-open the Athletic Grounds.

Idiot.

I'm backing Tyrone because of this blatant campaign to take home advantage from them and give what is effectively a home tie to the second team pulled out of the hat.

Dont take it personal Saffron, Is it possible he made a mistake,

saffron sam2

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 09, 2008, 10:05:15 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 09, 2008, 10:03:28 AM

Idiot.

Dont take it personal Saffron, Is it possible he made a mistake,

Never thoguht of that. It is quite possible though, given the rank amateurism of the whole draw. An absolutely shocking and appalling effort from both the GAA and RTE.

However, I don't think Mr Burns makes mistakes like that. I think he might have gone on to say that if the game in Clones finished level, then the replay would be at the Athletic Grounds, only they pulled the microphone away from him just in time. Possibly.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Over the Bar

This draw could be a potential banana skin for Tyrone.

Onion Bag

What he meant was he would have loved to have had it in the Athletic grounds but Clones is the best possible option

corn02

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 09, 2008, 09:02:51 AM
This is the team i would like to see, i know its a bit early but i suppose thats what the threads for

C Mc Kinney
A Mallon
B Donaghy
F Mo
A Kernan
C Mc Keever
P Duffy
C Vernon
K Toner
M O R
B Mallon
Shorty Clarke
T Kernan
Clarkie
Stevie

There is exactly a 0% chance of that team ahppening, some of them boys won't even be on the panel one way or another.

Onion Bag

Ok corn, give it a shot, who of that 15 wont be on the panel?

full back

Going to ask you the same question corn
I would say all of them 15 will be on the panel

corn02

There is 3 of the 15 there that I would be surprised to see on the panel.

If I was to hazard a guess at the 15 that take to the field (totally impossile btw) I would say:

Hearty
Mallon Donaghy Finn Mo
AK AOR C McKeever
P McGrane Toner
MOR SK Mallon
MORjr Clarke McDonnell.

armaghniac

QuoteI'm backing Tyrone because of this blatant campaign to take home advantage from them

Tyrone's recent record in Omagh in the Ulster championship is in fact nothing special. But as a general point I do not think the GAA should discourage people from attending games. Ready access to big games is the one advantage the GAA has in the hearts and minds battle against the Premiership etc. Games should not be just seen an assembly of the "worthy" GAA people, people should have the opportunity to bring along the kids etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

There is no hope in hell it will be Omagh. 97 last time they played there?

Supply and demand. Clones it will be.