Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

People come from all over the country to watch a Meath-Dublin game. Sure who wouldn't want to see positive free-flowing football played in a great atmosphere?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You're dripping with nostalgia, get out of that!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

kickingmule

handy enough draw for tyrone  8) ... just imagine we could have got antrim. >:( :D ;) ;)

winsamsoon

Sure how could anyone else in Ireland get a ticket for a dub Meath game??   :o :D when all the dubs have got the tickets unless they scale the fences. I thought the dubs would snap all the tickets up :o :D

Can't imagine how you think Dublin v Meath is bigger in Ulster than Armagh v Down or Amagh v Tyrone or Tyrone v Derry or Monaghan v Cavan. I think you've lost it lad.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Jinxy

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 08, 2008, 11:46:46 PM
Sure how could anyone else in Ireland get a ticket for a dub Meath game??   :o :D when all the dubs have got the tickets unless they scale the fences. I thought the dubs would snap all the tickets up :o :D

Can't imagine how you think Dublin v Meath is bigger in Ulster than Armagh v Down or Amagh v Tyrone or Tyrone v Derry or Monaghan v Cavan. I think you've lost it lad.

You had me half convinced up to that point.....
If you were any use you'd be playing.

kickingmule

Quote from: hardstation on October 08, 2008, 11:56:19 PM
Quote from: kickingmule on October 08, 2008, 11:38:56 PM
handy enough draw for tyrone  8) ... just imagine we could have got antrim. >:( :D ;) ;)
We'd have fecking tanked yis.
jez how scary would that have been  ::) ::) .... mind ya antrim are on the way up ....... to donegal 8) 8).

kickingmule

;) ;)  ;) good jez ... everybody is too happy with the draw tonight ...... i reckon armagh should be feeling dead privleged to be meeting the all ireland champions.

mind ya .. they're in for some hiding ...

Goats Do Shave

BRILLIANT DRAW!

Delighted with that! - Hope it's in Clones though!

full back

Had mixed thoughts when the draw was made.
First reaction was, brilliant to get a rap at them. The atmosphere will be something else at this game regardless of where it is.
Second reaction was unless we change our tactics and/or bring in some new personnel we are going to to find it tough to make a game of it. Against this Tyrone team there is no way you can sit back, absorb the pressure & hope to get a few scores to win the game.

BTW, did anyone else notice that when Tyrone were pulled out first Danny didnt spin the box & pulled out Armagh right away. In fact Danny was pulled on this (think by Marty) after Armagh were read out & told he had to spin the box.
Conspiracy theory :o

Zapatista

This will be a long thread but at least it will put a swift end to the Armagh threads that would have followed if they had got Antrim or Cavan. ;)

Over the Bar

QuoteFrom Paddypower

Tyrone to win the 2009 All Ireland   7-2

Holey Moley, that's short odds.

bennydorano

No chance that'll be in Clones, Tyrone wont give up home advantage and neither they should.

I wouldn't be afraid of Tyrone at this stage of the champ, they are only decent with a bit of momentum behind them. Armagh by 4.

Onion Bag

This is the team i would like to see, i know its a bit early but i suppose thats what the threads for

C Mc Kinney
A Mallon
B Donaghy
F Mo
A Kernan
C Mc Keever
P Duffy
C Vernon
K Toner
M O R
B Mallon
Shorty Clarke
T Kernan
Clarkie
Stevie
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

under the bar

It's great to see Armagh drawing Tyrone on the 25th anniversary of their annihilation by the best footballer either county has produced, Frank 'the king' McGuigan, sending Armagh football into a spiral of decline & depression for 15 years.

Armagh should be genuinely happy with this draw since the first round of Ulster has been the only time they have produced better football than Tyrone for 7 years!

Prediction - Mickey to send out some of the minors, while resting the 3xAIs until the summer.  Tyrone to win by 2 but if not sure MH will just be as happy with the scenic route!

full back

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 09, 2008, 08:51:30 AM
QuoteFrom Paddypower

Tyrone to win the 2009 All Ireland   7-2

Holey Moley, that's short odds.

Thats a great price for the self proclaimed team of the decade ;)
Lump on